Windows 10: opening wi-fi password

Discus and support opening wi-fi password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to open wi-fi password, windows 10 home, version 1803... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianNcube, Dec 10, 2018.

1. opening wi-fi password

how to open wi-fi password, windows 10 home, version 1803

:)

BrianNcube, Dec 10, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Windows 10 laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, but don't give me the opportunity to enter a password.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the connected Wi-Fi device and try adding it again.

• Type View Network Connections in the search bar and click on the same.

• If your Wi-Fi device is listed, right-click on the device and click on
      Delete.

• Now, try connecting to the Wi-Fi and check if it prompts for the password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

opening wi-fi password

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security

Read more: Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security | Wi-Fi Alliance

See also:

Brink, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

opening wi-fi password

1. opening wi-fi password - Similar Threads - opening password

2. System rejects PIN & password. I cannot open my computer,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System rejects PIN & password. I cannot open my computer,: Last week I submitted this question, then could not get back to it because of emergency. Dell Inspiron 3020, Windows 11 alas!. I was required to get new password. I did so. Then when I tried to reboot found that system rejetcs both new and old passwords, both new and old...
  3. System rejects PIN & password. I cannot open my computer,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System rejects PIN & password. I cannot open my computer,: Last week I submitted this question, then could not get back to it because of emergency. Dell Inspiron 3020, Windows 11 alas!. I was required to get new password. I did so. Then when I tried to reboot found that system rejetcs both new and old passwords, both new and old...
  4. I'm unable to sign in to MSN Premium. The enter password page won't open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm unable to sign in to MSN Premium. The enter password page won't open.: I'm unable to sign in to my MSN Premium account. I select my user name, press the button, it says 'Signing in", but the page where I'm supposed to enter my password won't open. It just sits there....
  5. I'm unable to sign in to MSN Premium. The enter password page won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to sign in to MSN Premium. The enter password page won't open.: I'm unable to sign in to my MSN Premium account. I select my user name, press the button, it says 'Signing in", but the page where I'm supposed to enter my password won't open. It just sits there....
  6. I'm unable to sign in to MSN Premium. The enter password page won't open.

7. Cannot open computer. Get message your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open computer. Get message your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password...: Cannot open computer. I get message PC is offline. Please sign in with last password used on this PC. I am not sure what that was but my usual password does not work....
  8. Cannot open computer. Get message your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password...

Cannot open computer. Get message your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password...: Cannot open computer. I get message PC is offline. Please sign in with last password used on this PC. I am not sure what that was but my usual password does not work....
  9. Cannot open computer. Get message your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. system will not open computer, rejects any PIn, rejects any password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system will not open computer, rejects any PIn, rejects any password: This for over a week. I get a message to type a1b2c3 to try again, but any PIN I enter will be judged incorrect, likewise any password. I changed these because system wouldn't recognize old ones, but it does recognize new ones either....