Windows 10: opening wi-fi password

Discus and support opening wi-fi password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to open wi-fi password, windows 10 home, version 1803... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianNcube, Dec 10, 2018.

1. opening wi-fi password

how to open wi-fi password, windows 10 home, version 1803

:)

BrianNcube, Dec 10, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Windows 10 laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, but don't give me the opportunity to enter a password.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the connected Wi-Fi device and try adding it again.

• Type View Network Connections in the search bar and click on the same.

• If your Wi-Fi device is listed, right-click on the device and click on
      Delete.

• Now, try connecting to the Wi-Fi and check if it prompts for the password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

opening wi-fi password

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security

Read more: Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security | Wi-Fi Alliance

See also:

Brink, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

opening wi-fi password

1. opening wi-fi password - Similar Threads - opening password

2. Cannot open winzip encrypted files having password in Windows 10 home - windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open winzip encrypted files having password in Windows 10 home - windows Explorer: Hello, I have a winzip encrypted password protected file having PDF with password that is zipped using winzip. This file is sent by someone to me, and i do not have winzip licensed software with me. I tried opening the winzip file as below: 1. I downloaded the file to one...
  3. how can i open file for all my saved passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i open file for all my saved passwords.: how do i get my stored passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-file-for-all-my-saved-passwords/bc25df76-10ff-4abf-8337-816c4172e788"
  4. Opening password protected documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening password protected documents: So I just had my Windows 10 installed (I previously had Windows 7) and I had some word documents that I saved on my external hard disk that were password protected and I even uploaded them on my drive. And as you can imagine, I cannot open them right now neither from my hard...
  5. After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After a recent update I was required to use a password to open my PC. After doing that, I...: I cannot open files, or file explorer after windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-recent-update-i-was-required-to-use-a/26a2f9c4-4e81-4dbb-91bc-a2b638b3a11f"
  6. computer will not open. incorrect password .

computer will not open. incorrect password .: computer will not open asks for password but is allways incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-open-incorrect-password/efec8b1b-5df2-450e-bd5d-047df791e92c"
  7. file maager very slow opening filesw configuring client security and password manager in Win 10

file maager very slow opening filesw configuring client security and password manager in Win 10: I recently moved from windows 7 to 10 but found it very difficult to open files or folders waiting for over 3 hours while Windows configures client security and password manager. I tried Lenovo to uninstall and reinstall client security and password manager to no avail. Is...
  8. Lock Screen sometimes opens password/PIN screen on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen sometimes opens password/PIN screen on its own: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock the computer open on its own while I was on the lock screen and not clicking on anything/not moving my cursor. I had just woken...
  9. Forgotten Password. I can't get past the opening window requesting the password I've...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten Password. I can't get past the opening window requesting the password I've...: How do you open a PC when you can't get past the opening window requesting the password you've forgotten. Can't even get to the RUN dialog, etc. Please advise me on how to get my PC open beyond the very first screen. Thank you. Tom...
  10. Pop-up asking for username and password when I open outlook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop-up asking for username and password when I open outlook: Two days ago I started getting the most annoying pop up asking for username, password and even though all details were included and correct the sod just keeps appearing. This only happens when I open Outlook so I have resorted to another application for my emails. Outlook is...