Windows 10: Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

Discus and support Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to find my Windows Apps and open them using my keyboard's hotkeys. I came here instead of the Logitech forums since my question is more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JSdeVoiles, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

I'm trying to find my Windows Apps and open them using my keyboard's hotkeys. I came here instead of the Logitech forums since my question is more about file paths.

I'm using a Logitech K350 keyboard, and I'm trying to get a hotkey to open the Windows 10 Spotify app. Under the keyboard's settings it lets you type in the file path for whatever program you want to execute, but I can't seem to find any of my Windows 10 apps. How can I get to a Windows 10 app in Explorer in order to open it with a hotkey?

:)

JSdeVoiles, Mar 19, 2020

2. Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

Microsoft Designer Keyboard HotKeys NOT working

Hi Andrzej,

If the Hotkeys on your Microsoft Designer Keyboard don't work, it is possible that the Human Interface Device Access service on your Surface was stopped. Make sure that the service is set to automatic. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type Services in the search box. Click on Services
    • In the list of services in the Details pane, double-click HID Human Interface Service, and then make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.

If the Hotkeys still won't work, try to create a new local user account and test if the "special keys" will work. If you're a Windows 10 user, refer to this link
    on how to create a local user.

You may also test the keyboard with a different computer. If the keyboard does not work correctly with the other computer, this could be a possible hardware issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

1. Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys - Similar Threads - Opening Win10 Apps

2. Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!: Hi, I recently just got a refurbished laptop from an auction. The keyboard shortcuts (ex: ctrl + c) don't work, anything I've read online is not working. It's a windows 10, but some of the settings and layout is a bit different. I don't know much, as I just got it today. Can...
  3. Win10 "This App Can't Open"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 "This App Can't Open": Hello! Friends: In the last few days, a number of Apps can't open (icon blurry under Start/All Programs). Error message: This App Can't Open I tried to repair it with the Window Store Troubleshooter, but to no avail. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thank you....
  4. Unable to use keyboard in Windows apps

Unable to use keyboard in Windows apps: Hello, I just recently began to have an issue typing and using the mouse pad of my computer on Windows-based apps. I've been able to type just fine in the past, and it seems like this is only affecting apps that come with Windows 10 (I've been able to use my keyboard just...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3050 Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3050 Hotkeys: I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard 3050. I have programmed the my favorite buttons (1-5) to open various files or folders. This only works intermittently sometimes switching to 'open items on task bar' function even though my settings in keyboard and mouse center are set to...
  6. Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling keyboard language hotkey combinations.: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a Huawei MateBook Pro. I sometimes accidentally hit CTL-SHIFT together and toggle my keyboard into French mode. I'd like to know how to disable this feature/change it to something else I don't hit so often. Thanks in advance for your...
  7. Use PrintScreen Hotkey from keyboard to open Snipping Tool

Use PrintScreen Hotkey from keyboard to open Snipping Tool: Most keyboards with hotkeys have a hotkey for Print Screen. Even the standard laptop keyboard has it. This is Lenovo ThinkPad T470p. I understand that the standard Print Screen application in Windows 10 is the Snipping Tool. What I don't understand is why that key, or...
  8. Keyboard opening apps ete...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard opening apps ete...: Hello. How do I stop the keyboard from opening up Apps or when I am typing in the address bar some key combo open the start menu or locks the PC or opens the run ete.....I have disabled the windows key. Thanks for your help Lou01jjd 55609
  9. language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10?: Hi, I upgraded from Win8 to Win10 last year. In Win8 and all previous versions I have used, it was possible to go into the language/regional settings of the control panel and set a special hotkey combination that would change the keyboard layout to the language of your...
  10. keyboard hotkeys with ctrl partially working

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard hotkeys with ctrl partially working: Hello Just installed win 10 I have 4 input languages: English, Hebrew, French France, French Canadian multi I can rotate the input with shift leftAlt and have access to these languages in sequence But when I assigned ctrl hot keys (0,1,2,3 in the above language order) to...