Windows 10: Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

Discus and support Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to find my Windows Apps and open them using my keyboard's hotkeys. I came here instead of the Logitech forums since my question is more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JSdeVoiles, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

I'm trying to find my Windows Apps and open them using my keyboard's hotkeys. I came here instead of the Logitech forums since my question is more about file paths.

I'm using a Logitech K350 keyboard, and I'm trying to get a hotkey to open the Windows 10 Spotify app. Under the keyboard's settings it lets you type in the file path for whatever program you want to execute, but I can't seem to find any of my Windows 10 apps. How can I get to a Windows 10 app in Explorer in order to open it with a hotkey?

:)

JSdeVoiles, Mar 19, 2020

2. Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

Microsoft Designer Keyboard HotKeys NOT working

Hi Andrzej,

If the Hotkeys on your Microsoft Designer Keyboard don't work, it is possible that the Human Interface Device Access service on your Surface was stopped. Make sure that the service is set to automatic. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type Services in the search box. Click on Services
    • In the list of services in the Details pane, double-click HID Human Interface Service, and then make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.

If the Hotkeys still won't work, try to create a new local user account and test if the "special keys" will work. If you're a Windows 10 user, refer to this link
    on how to create a local user.

You may also test the keyboard with a different computer. If the keyboard does not work correctly with the other computer, this could be a possible hardware issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

1. Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys - Similar Threads - Opening Win10 Apps

2. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  3. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  4. Touch keyboard hotkey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  5. Touch keyboard hotkey

Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  6. Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey: HI, I have a asus vivobook flip 14. I had keyboard hotkeysF1 TO F12 working. Due to a issue, i did a clean install of windows 10.After that i l cannot turn on keyboard backlight using the f7 key. I have my asus app and asus control interface v3. All other hotkeys are working....
  7. Apps not opening in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not opening in Win10: So I got a BSOD in windows and after restarting, a lot of apps would not open (File explorer, cmd console, any other apps i´d installed,etc.) I´ve tried using a powershell command to restore, but it says it can´t because resources are in use.Do I have to quit anything running...
  8. Keyboard Volume Hotkey Functions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Volume Hotkey Functions: Hi, I just purchased a new USB keyboard and it doesn't have any volume adjustment buttons. I read many forums and conversations about creating shortcuts and ways to access the Volume Mixer on Windows 10 but nothing about creating hotkeys to adjust the volume with the press...
  9. Win10 "This App Can't Open"

Win10 "This App Can't Open": Hello! Friends: In the last few days, a number of Apps can't open (icon blurry under Start/All Programs). Error message: This App Can't Open I tried to repair it with the Window Store Troubleshooter, but to no avail. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thank you....
  10. Use PrintScreen Hotkey from keyboard to open Snipping Tool

Use PrintScreen Hotkey from keyboard to open Snipping Tool: Most keyboards with hotkeys have a hotkey for Print Screen. Even the standard laptop keyboard has it. This is Lenovo ThinkPad T470p. I understand that the standard Print Screen application in Windows 10 is the Snipping Tool. What I don't understand is why that key, or...