Windows 10: Opening Windows APP with "... the paramerter is incorrect" error

Discus and support Opening Windows APP with "... the paramerter is incorrect" error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I'm using Windows 10 version: 2004_19041.329, recently, after some Windows APPs get updated by Microsoft Store, like Skype, Cortana, and NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kkjiang, Jun 17, 2020.

1. kkjiang Win User

Opening Windows APP with "... the paramerter is incorrect" error

Hi

I'm using Windows 10 version: 2004_19041.329, recently, after some Windows APPs get updated by Microsoft Store, like Skype, Cortana, and NVIDIA Control Panel, these APPs won't start after a fresh startup or rebooting. They always show me the error of "......<App Path> the parameter is incorrect".

However, the strange thing is, if I log off and re-enter windowsnot a rebooting, all these APPs can be open without any problem, the "... the parameter is incorrect" error is gone - until next fresh startup of windows or rebooting.

I googled this kind of issue, and I found it's really a common one, but it seems there is no feasible solution.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

kkjiang, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Opening Windows APP with "... the paramerter is incorrect" error :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Unable to open Windows apps

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

The issue might be occurring because of any corruption in the system/program files. To diagnose the issue let’s try the below steps and check if the issue appears there as well.

• Do you get any error message while opening the app?

Run the troubleshooter for Windows app
    The app troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with applications. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter.

Click on “Run the troubleshooter” in below mentioned Microsoft link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Opening Windows APP with "... the paramerter is incorrect" error - Similar Threads - Opening APP paramerter

2. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  3. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  4. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect": So I've seen this problem happening with others as well and it seems to be a Permissions issue. None of the solutions on this site or others have worked. I have already tried repairing the installation with an in-place upgrade. The owner of the folder is still...
  5. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect": So I've seen this problem happening with others as well and it seems to be a Permissions issue. None of the solutions on this site or others have worked. I have already tried repairing the installation with an in-place upgrade. The owner of the folder is still...
  6. Can't open any apps under the WindowsApps folder with an error "The Parameter is Incorrect"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. "The Parameter is Incorrect" can't open some of my windows apps

"The Parameter is Incorrect" can't open some of my windows apps: [ATTACH] I can't open some apps when I try to open this error message appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect-cant-open-some-of-my/9e6fb97f-000a-4e2f-a2e2-8df8a256dcf8
  8. start menu not opening and windows apps parameters are incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    start menu not opening and windows apps parameters are incorrect: hello, so i recently created a steamlibrary folder on my SSD where my OS is. to do this i had to go in and change permissions from read-only to create this folder. basically, since then i cannot open the start menu and windows apps, like spotify and netflix give me an error...
  9. "The Parameter is Incorrect" my windows apps and whatsapp desktop is not opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "The Parameter is Incorrect" my windows apps and whatsapp desktop is not opening.: [ATTACH] My WhatsApp Desktop suddenly stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect-my-windows-apps-and/a21ded3e-bb03-442e-a763-d2b3e7431cee
  10. Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup

Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup: Hi, Yesterday I decided to change the ownership of my Windows partition from Trusted Installer to me. and then I made Trusted Installer a user with full control and me a user with full control also added the All Application Packages user with full control along with the...