Windows 10: opening windows explorer make my wifi lag

Discus and support opening windows explorer make my wifi lag in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, So I've been getting this lag every time I open Windows Explorer and when I go to send a file to a friend, teacher, etc and this has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DJHumanistez, Oct 27, 2020.

1. opening windows explorer make my wifi lag

Hi Microsoft,

So I've been getting this lag every time I open Windows Explorer and when I go to send a file to a friend, teacher, etc and this has been happening for about a couple months now and I have no idea how to fix it. I did the SFC scans and the troubleshooting and Windows doesn't see an issue so I have no clue so if you could help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it.

P.S when I switch Wi-Fi adapters it seems to go away for an hour but then comes back.

:)

DJHumanistez, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Oct 27, 2020
  4. opening windows explorer make my wifi lag

File Explorer Scroll Lag

Hello, I just did this and still the lagging continues. I want to point out that the lag occurs only when I scroll with the mouse, when I click and scroll the lag does not occur.

Gerardo Baron, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

opening windows explorer make my wifi lag

1. opening windows explorer make my wifi lag - Similar Threads - opening explorer wifi

2. PC's wifi lags whenever I open files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC's wifi lags whenever I open files.: Noticed especially whenever I'm in a discord call or in an online class, whenever I open file explorer to find something or open some other file my PC's wifi will lag or cut out causing me to reconnect or just not hear the call for a bit. Only started happening recently and...
  3. Android emulators makes Windows explorer lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android emulators makes Windows explorer lagging: Well that issue had occured long time ago but it's getting worse and worse this year. Any Android emulators, Nox, Bluestacks etc are making it lagging, i don't understand why. Is it because Windows explorer is very known to have lots of issues? Windows explorer takes...
  4. Windows explorer lagging and crashing occasionally and context menu freezes on "open with"....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer lagging and crashing occasionally and context menu freezes on "open with"....: Don't know if it was a coincidence or not but said problem started about three days ago after installing VLC (yes official site) and uninstalling it after noticing the issues and some file associations I didn't want with it. Did full scans with Windows Defender and...
  5. Windows explorer lagging and crashing occasionally and context menu freezes on "open with"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer lagging and crashing occasionally and context menu freezes on "open with"...: Did full scans with Windows Defender and Malware-bytes and everything is clear, SFC /SCANNOW doesn't find any problems and I'm still having crashing and freezing issues. For all intents and purposes VLC was downloaded off the official site CPU Intel Core i7-9700F RAM...
  6. Wifi lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi lag: Hello, So recently, I've noticed something on my computer ; my wifi is unstable. I can assure the problem comes from my laptop after many tests. Here is my problem : My wifi goes from 50mb/s usage for example, checked on task manager to 0 during 5-10 seconds which actually...
  7. File Explorer lags

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer lags: I have a new Dell laptop, 64 bit, 8 gigs running Windows 10 Pro. This machine worked fine but I downloaded a zip file. After that I found that when I clicked and dragged my cursor to select some files , it results in a good deal of lag. The object was highlighted, File...
  8. Is there a way to make File Explorer open on "my login name"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to make File Explorer open on "my login name"?: There is an easy way to make File Explorer open on "This PC" instead of its default of "Quick access". Does anyone know of a way [1] to make File Explorer open on "my login name" instead? Through an error on my part I have purchased Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home,...
  9. Making explorer open windows beside each other

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making explorer open windows beside each other: Hello! Is there a way to tell explorer to open new windows beside already open windows - as opposed to overlapping them. I've been trying to find a way to do this ever since I tried Linux for a little bit and the file manager windows would open besides each other and...
  10. Lagging File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Lagging File Explorer: I seem to have done something in file explorer on my desktop that I did not on my laptop. When I click on any hard drive or large folder, the search bar takes forever to show the files. This used to happen in W7 and continues to do so in W10. I have tried to find where to...