Windows 10: opening word with a blank screen

Discus and support opening word with a blank screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i open word a can see the preview but then the screen opens blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MattYates1, Jul 18, 2020.

1. opening word with a blank screen

When i open word a can see the preview but then the screen opens blank

:)

MattYates1, Jul 18, 2020
  2. idgat Win User

Choosing blank Word document opens two Word sessions

Yes, same here. Although I had to turn the Start screen back on, I have it turned off by default.

With the Start screen turned off, it doesn't happen
    File menu > Options > General > Start up options > untick Show the Start screen etc
    (that Start screen annoys the bejeebers out of me ! )

With this off, Word just auto opens with a blank page for every session, single or multiple sessions.

idgat, Jul 18, 2020
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Choosing blank Word document opens two Word sessions

I'm using Office Pro 2019 Retail build 2002 (12527.20278).

When one Word session is already open (be it a blank or saved document) and I choose to open another new blank Word session by clicking on the Office Word app (in Start menu) and then choosing "Blank document", it opens two extra blank Word sessions instead of one. So I'll be having 3 Word sessions total.

This only happens when a Word session is already open and I open another one through the Office Word app.

Anyone else noticing this?

JohnnyGui, Jul 18, 2020
  4. opening word with a blank screen

blank screen after downloading word 2016 in windows 10

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Where do you see the blank screen (when you log in to the system or when you try to open word 2016)?

If the issue is related to blank screen during login, I would suggest you to try to boot into
    Safe Mode with Networking.

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).

• Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.

• Select Startup Settings and click on
      Restart.

• After restarting, choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

Now try booting back to normal mode and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the updated status, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

opening word with a blank screen

1. opening word with a blank screen - Similar Threads - opening word blank

2. Blank area in Word doc

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Blank area in Word doc: I use the Word document program from Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 and often switch between looking at a document to looking at the Internet. Then, when I go back to Word the area I was looking at it is blank and I have to scroll upwards a little way to make the...
  3. Photos App opens with blank / black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App opens with blank / black screen: Photos App open with blank / black screen. Just started recently and is sporadic. I have re-installed, still does it, and it is sporadic .. not clear if its associated w/ file size, type, or whatever. The app open with a black screen I have dark mode on. I have to close and...
  4. Icon for microsoft word is blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon for microsoft word is blank: my docs are showing blank in the icon and my file explorer keeps freezing when I try to open microsoft word documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-for-microsoft-word-is-blank/47d2f17c-f702-46ad-9254-21a9609d8d12
  5. No words appearing and everything is blank when I open tabs or files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No words appearing and everything is blank when I open tabs or files: Hi all, i recently updated my windows software and suddenly my tabs are blank, and it keeps going blank and there are no words appearing, when i go on chrome its the same thing. anyone can be of assistance please.[IMG]...
  6. how to stop a blank Word document from opening at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to stop a blank Word document from opening at start up: how to stop a blank Word document from opening at start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-a-blank-word-document-from-opening-at/0e825627-1950-47d0-a38d-6de0d35ba5ec
  7. Choosing blank Word document opens two Word sessions

Choosing blank Word document opens two Word sessions: I'm using Office Pro 2019 Retail build 2002 (12527.20278). When one Word session is already open (be it a blank or saved document) and I choose to open another new blank Word session by clicking on the Office Word app (in Start menu) and then choosing "Blank document", it...
  8. Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document

Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document: Hi there, How do I get Word to open into a new blank document and without the Navigation pane to the left? I have looked into the Word Options windows. I do not seem to see anything related to that there. Thanks, Jeff Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.657] [img] 150470
  9. Blank space in word

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blank space in word: How to remove a large blank space between two paragraphs in Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-space-in-word/d1d16226-273a-4ce8-8f31-b7d435a36ecd"
  10. Blank Window with the word Throttled in it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Window with the word Throttled in it.: When I launch Outlook 2016 (365 edition), I get the the window below. It also has a corresponding process under the task manager simply called "Account". If I kill that process, the window disappears. I deleted the profile and recreated it. I am running a deep scan with...