Windows 10: Opening your computer with a message about a dll

Discus and support Opening your computer with a message about a dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, please help me with a message about a dll that appears when I open my computer. The message is on the desktop. I guess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianDragomir1, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Opening your computer with a message about a dll

Good morning,

Dear Sir / Madam, please help me with a message about a dll that appears when I open my computer. The message is on the desktop. I guess I have a missing computer dll. How can I fix this problem?
    Thank you!
    Wait for response!
    A good day!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Nov 27, 2018

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Nov 27, 2018
  3. .dll Files open Windows Photo Viewer - Can I change this?

Hi Wyatt,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the pictures on your computer?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Does this issue persists only with the .dll files?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Check if the .dll files are set as default under Default programs.

• Press Windows key, type default programs
      and select Default Programs.
    • Click on Set your default programs.
    • Under Programs in the left pane, click on the program you wish to access photos with and click on
      Choose defaults for this program.
    • Under Extensions check if .dll
      is check marked or not. If not, check the box for .dll files.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing photos on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

Opening your computer with a message about a dll

Error message MSVCR100.dll

What programs can't you open?

On my Win 10 Pro X64 system, msvcr100.dll is in quite a few places:

Opening your computer with a message about a dll [​IMG]

If you install Everything Search then use it to look for msvcr100.dll you can see all the places it is on your computer and maybe copy from one to the System32 or SysWOW64 directory if that is missing.

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Opening your computer with a message about a dll

1. Opening your computer with a message about a dll - Similar Threads - Opening computer message

2. Computer Crashing, Error messages of Missing DLL files at startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Crashing, Error messages of Missing DLL files at startup: I have tried CMD prompt actions as suggested online- scannow and also the DIMS restore health... No good. Same issue. I am running WIN 10, Samsung Notebook 9, 64 bit Please help me.... It is driving me crazy. Cheers!...
  3. Opening A .dll file ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening A .dll file ?: Hello, I have a file that the installation process for a new program says to open and verify if some box is checked. Whenever i click on it, i get: "You are attempting to open a file of type "System File (.dll)" etc. There is a greyed out box at the bottom that says "OK",...
  4. ERROR MESSAGE - VCRUNTIME140.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ERROR MESSAGE - VCRUNTIME140.dll: Hello I have recently experienced a Error Message - VCRUNTIME140.dll missing message, can anyone please give me some advice how to correct this please. Thank You...
  5. About message coming like your windows liscence will expire soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About message coming like your windows liscence will expire soon: Hello, iam getting message like your windows license will expire soon activate it in settings but iam not able to do it. in activation page it is showing that windows is activated by using organisations activation service pls resolve this issue thank you...
  6. Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer": Hi, I was doing some work on the desktops/laptops in my school to clean up network IP addresses. I came to one of my machines, an HP Pro 3500 series desktop, and was going to change the computer name. In the process, I noticed the machine identified itself as a Compaq 500B...
  7. RASAPI32.dll error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RASAPI32.dll error message: C:\Windows\system32\RASAPI32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator of the software vendor for support. what should i do now to repair...
  8. vcruntime140.dll not installed erorr message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    vcruntime140.dll not installed erorr message: vcruntime140.dll not installed erorr message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll-not-installed-erorr-message/cf6b74f0-459d-4c83-be33-3fa87d41675f
  9. These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    These files might be harmful to your computer message(desktop): Hi. Over the last week or so, I am being prompted with this error message on my desktop when I either drag a item to the recycle bin or go to open my user folder on the desktop. I have run anti-virus and malware scans and this isn't solving the problem. It doesn't do this...
  10. Error message MSVCR100.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message MSVCR100.dll: How do I fix this error message. It says something is missing and cannot open certain programs. Checked on line but Windows 10 fix is not listed. 15397