Windows 10: Opening your computer with a message about a dll

Discus and support Opening your computer with a message about a dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, please help me with a message about a dll that appears when I open my computer. The message is on the desktop. I guess... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianDragomir1, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Opening your computer with a message about a dll

Good morning,

Dear Sir / Madam, please help me with a message about a dll that appears when I open my computer. The message is on the desktop. I guess I have a missing computer dll. How can I fix this problem?
    Thank you!
    Wait for response!
    A good day!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Nov 27, 2018

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Nov 27, 2018
  3. .dll Files open Windows Photo Viewer - Can I change this?

Hi Wyatt,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the pictures on your computer?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Does this issue persists only with the .dll files?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Check if the .dll files are set as default under Default programs.

• Press Windows key, type default programs
      and select Default Programs.
    • Click on Set your default programs.
    • Under Programs in the left pane, click on the program you wish to access photos with and click on
      Choose defaults for this program.
    • Under Extensions check if .dll
      is check marked or not. If not, check the box for .dll files.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing photos on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

Opening your computer with a message about a dll

Error message MSVCR100.dll

What programs can't you open?

On my Win 10 Pro X64 system, msvcr100.dll is in quite a few places:

Opening your computer with a message about a dll [​IMG]

If you install Everything Search then use it to look for msvcr100.dll you can see all the places it is on your computer and maybe copy from one to the System32 or SysWOW64 directory if that is missing.

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Opening your computer with a message about a dll

1. Opening your computer with a message about a dll - Similar Threads - Opening computer message

2. "d3d12.dll is missing from your computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "d3d12.dll is missing from your computer": I'm currently running Windows 8.1, I'm trying to run a program on my computer but everytime I try to start it, it says "d3d12.dll is missing from your computer". How can I fix this problem?...
  3. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: I wrote a Visual studio solution and then made an installed copy of it when I run the application this error appears every time. How can I fix it?...
  4. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: I wrote a Visual studio solution and then made an installed copy of it when I run the application this error appears every time. How can I fix it?...
  5. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: For the past couple of days, I am getting an error message every time I switch on my Laptop. It says: "you are attempting to open a file of type 'system file' .dll".I looked up the solution on Google and I came across this answer by Barb Bowman.I did what she said but it...
  6. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: For the past couple of days, I am getting an error message every time I switch on my Laptop. It says: "you are attempting to open a file of type 'system file' .dll".I looked up the solution on Google and I came across this answer by Barb Bowman.I did what she said but it...
  7. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. "MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer": Hello, I am trying to run a program but this message pops up every time I run it. I have tried reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 twice and after that I even downloaded the .dll file separately from a legitimate website. After trying all that it still doesn't work. I...
  9. MSVCR140.dll and MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCR140.dll and MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer.: Hello, I am sick and tired of this error and I can't seem to find any workaround. These problem arises when I am trying to get "Assassins Creed: Valhalla " to work. I have tried numerous methods on the Internet but to no avail.1.I tried to manually place the DLLs in the...
  10. MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer: The Program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. How do I fix this? Can anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcr110dll-is-missing-from-your-computer/625ec0c1-e281-43ad-ab40-172035945943