Windows 10: Opening Zip files freezes Explorer on windows 10

Discus and support Opening Zip files freezes Explorer on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I right click on the ZIP file in windows 10, the window explorer stops responding. I face this problem when I upgrade to Windows ver 1903, can any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robinkushal, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Opening Zip files freezes Explorer on windows 10

When I right click on the ZIP file in windows 10, the window explorer stops responding. I face this problem when I upgrade to Windows ver 1903, can any one help ?

:)

robinkushal, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Opening Zip files freezes Explorer on windows 10

Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Opening Zip files freezes Explorer on windows 10

1. Opening Zip files freezes Explorer on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Opening Zip files

2. File Explorer freezes, will not open Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer freezes, will not open Files: File Explorer will not open files. I can open file folders. This has been happening for at least 5 months. Please can you offer help to a relatively non-technical user?...
  3. File Explorer freezes, will not open Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer freezes, will not open Files: File Explorer will not open files. I can open file folders. This has been happening for at least 5 months. Please can you offer help to a relatively non-technical user?...
  4. File Explorer freezes, will not open Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 File Explorer Freezes at open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Freezes at open: Imagine you open the files folder and it crashes at the scroll That's exactly what is happening. below is my hardware info:IntelR CoreTM i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2...
  6. Explorer hangs when opening a zip file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer hangs when opening a zip file: It typically remains unresponsive for 5-10 seconds until it finally display the contents of the zip file. Extracting files is also relatively slow. This is on a i7-U6500 with 16 GB LPDDR3 laptop, so that should not be the problem. I have no add-ons or extensions to Explorer...
  7. opening a zip file

opening a zip file: Hello I am trying to open a zip file; when i extract all and go to the file it says file is empty. so i tried internet explorer because i used that before and it says file has a virus. but i know for a fact the file is safe. how can i get my file to open so i can safe it. it...
  8. Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer

Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer: I accidentally changed all my zip package files to open with Internet Explorer and I can't change it back to opening or downloading as a zip file. When I click "open with," there isn't an option to open with file explorer, and even when I go to "choose another app" -> "look...
  9. Zip file in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Zip file in File Explorer: Hi I try to open a zip file in "File Explorer/Windows 10" with double click on, but it is no working. I'm trying with right mouse click to “extract all”, and I have got the error: Windows cannot complete the extraction The compressed zipper Folder XXX is invalid any...
  10. Zips files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Zips files will not open: I recently upgraded to Windows10 on my desktop Dell. Last week I attempted to unzip some files & open .tif files that had been saved when I was still running Windows 8.1. Previous to the upgraded I never had a issue unzipping these files and they are always from the same...