Windows 10: OpenOffice - Matching printed page to paper size of booklet

Discus and support OpenOffice - Matching printed page to paper size of booklet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use a Brother 8860DN printer to print booklets from OpenOffice on 8.5 X 11 letter-size paper. Each 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper contains 4 OpenOffice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stanhilliard, Mar 28, 2019.

1. OpenOffice - Matching printed page to paper size of booklet

I use a Brother 8860DN printer to print booklets from OpenOffice on 8.5 X 11 letter-size paper. Each 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper contains 4 OpenOffice Impress note pages -- 2 printed pages on each side of a sheet of paper. Each printed page goes on a 8.5" high by 5.5" wide section of paper.

My problem is that the printed note pages are too short to cover the whole 8.5 inches vertical height of paper. When I specify it, a frame-line prints around each page with a 0.25 inches margin (correctly.) But the vertical distance between the OpenOffice header and footer is only 6.25 inches as printed -- leaving the printed page almost 2 inches too short compared to the paper it is printed on.

By changing the font size I can change the size of the page contents, but the distance between header and footer doesn't change.
    How can I lengthen the header-to-footer distance so the notes will make use of the whole vertical height?

Windows 10 (x64)
    OpenOffice Version: 4.1.6
    or LibreOffice Version: 6.1.5.2

:)

stanhilliard, Mar 28, 2019

2. Microsoft Print to PDF - custom paper sizes possible?

Hi,

We suggest that you try to set the paper size of the exact document first. You can create a custom page size before you proceed with
    Microsoft Print to PDF, it should auto-detect the paper size of the document.

To set the paper size in Microsoft Office:

• Click on the Page Layout/Page Design tab.
    • Click on Size, and then in the options available, click on
      More Paper Sizes...
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and scroll down to the last option which is
      Custom size
      . You will be able to customize your preferred paper size.
    • Once done, click on OK, and then proceed with Microsoft Print to PDF.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Booklet Printing Incorrectly

I am trying to print a booklet and it keeps printing page 14 on the back of page 1.

I have previously printed this booklet on a Canon IP4850 with no problem.

That printer died so I bought a Canon IP7200 and now I have a problem!

I am of course printing one side then turning the paper over

Thanks

Deb

DebraMurtagh, Mar 28, 2019
  4. OpenOffice - Matching printed page to paper size of booklet

On photo print paper size. I would like to have a 11X17 print paper size.Would it be possible to add a user defined section on paper size?

Yes, I have that shown. But when I go to paper size on my Epson WF-7610 I have 13 paper sizes shown. None have a 11X17. I can get legal size for the largest paper. I would like to print 11X17 either as listed or user defined for me to size.

David A.Smith1, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

OpenOffice - Matching printed page to paper size of booklet

1. OpenOffice - Matching printed page to paper size of booklet - Similar Threads - OpenOffice Matching printed

2. Print on ledger sized paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print on ledger sized paper: How do I change my print settings in Excel to print on ledger sized paper? 11 X 17 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-on-ledger-sized-paper/d45e5f4a-2851-4151-9a56-129b62ef2d91
  3. Print on ledger sized paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print on ledger sized paper: How do I change my print settings in Excel to print on ledger sized paper? 11 X 17 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-on-ledger-sized-paper/d45e5f4a-2851-4151-9a56-129b62ef2d91
  4. Print on ledger sized paper

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Large paper size printing in PDF printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large paper size printing in PDF printer: Microsoft print to PDF it is only possible to print in ISO-A4 and ISO-A3There are hundreds of request s to add paper sizes up to ISO-A0 from 2017 onWHy still not possible to add paper sizes...
  6. Printing from Publishers - paper sizes unuseable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing from Publishers - paper sizes unuseable: For some reason, when I go to print in Publisher, all of my custom paper sizes I have entered are in the Unusable section from the paper size drop down menu. I am trying to print on a single sheet. They all show up and are accessible when I switch to tiled print. Is there a...
  7. Printing Adobe PDF with Mixed Paper Sizes

Printing Adobe PDF with Mixed Paper Sizes: Hello - I've not used microsoft in a long time but needed a new computer and dual tray printer for invoicing and repair orders letter and legal size paper. Microsoft 10 and edge is confusing me. I've been reading to much time rather than plug and play and learned Adobe...
  8. scaling to the paper size when printing

scaling to the paper size when printing: My previous WORD had the option of scaling the printed picture or text to fit the paper size. Can this still be done with office and home 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scaling-to-the-paper-size-when-printing/457124bc-5c2c-45ea-9cdd-8740740adbbe
  9. printing on multiple paper sizes on 1 pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing on multiple paper sizes on 1 pdf: I am having trouble in my printer properties /device settings, under paper source settings. I do not find how to select legal for paper size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-on-multiple-paper-sizes-on-1-pdf/377670a5-192c-451a-af73-d56e85879a45
  10. Booklet printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Booklet printing: I have recently bought as new desktop PC with windows 10 and Offfice365. I need to prt a 16 page bklet to my HP Pro 8600. I have downloaded a new drv for the prt but still vannot prt bklet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what size should booklet be to print 4 to a sheet at letter size?