Windows 10: Opens a file every time I start windows 10

Discus and support Opens a file every time I start windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; --2021-05-12 16:50:27-- http://kasun/ Resolving kasun... failed: Unknown host. wget: unable to resolve host address `kasun' --2021-05-12 16:50:29--... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kasun.Dissanayake, May 13, 2021.

1. Opens a file every time I start windows 10

--2021-05-12 16:50:27-- http://kasun/ Resolving kasun... failed: Unknown host. wget: unable to resolve host address `kasun' --2021-05-12 16:50:29-- http://sameera%5Cappdata%5Clocal%5Ctemp%5Cwsar_download.log/ Resolving sameera\appdata\local\temp\wsar_download.log... failed: Unknown host. wget: unable to resolve host address `sameera\appdata\local\temp\wsar_download.log' --2021-05-12 16:50:29-- http://myphone-download.wondershare.cc/Rescue/lglaf.dat Resolving myphone-download.wondershare.cc... 163.181.36.231, 163.181.36.226, 163.181.36.224, ... Connecting to myphone-download.wondershare.cc1

:)

Kasun.Dissanayake, May 13, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2021
  3. Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, May 13, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Opens a file every time I start windows 10

Delta6326, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Opens a file every time I start windows 10

1. Opens a file every time I start windows 10 - Similar Threads - Opens file every

2. File Explorer buffers every time I open a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer buffers every time I open a file: Not sure if anyone's had this issue before, everything on my PC is working fine but any time I open any folder in file explorer it buffers for a couple seconds before opening the file. I've tried restarting folder explorer from task manager, clearing caches, cleaning up my C...
  3. File Explorer buffers every time I open a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer buffers every time I open a file: Not sure if anyone's had this issue before, everything on my PC is working fine but any time I open any folder in file explorer it buffers for a couple seconds before opening the file. I've tried restarting folder explorer from task manager, clearing caches, cleaning up my C...
  4. File Explorer buffers every time I open a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens

Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens: The past few times like 7 I have booted into Windows 10 Home 21H1 19043.1586 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0, a prompt appears asking me what application I would like to use to open the file probably no file extension. Most of the time I ignore it, and when I...
  6. Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens: The past few times like 7 I have booted into Windows 10 Home 21H1 19043.1586 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0, a prompt appears asking me what application I would like to use to open the file probably no file extension. Most of the time I ignore it, and when I...
  7. Every time I login in, a "Temporary" file opens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. A strange file Opens every time I start/restart my win 10 PC

A strange file Opens every time I start/restart my win 10 PC: [ATTACH] This pop up comes after almost every boot up and when I choose the notepad and open this file, this is there in the file Screenshot below [ATTACH] Pretty much every time the same content is present in the file after opening it from notepad. What is this...
  9. A file Opens every time I start/restart my win 10 PC

A file Opens every time I start/restart my win 10 PC: [ATTACH] This pop up comes after almost every boot up and when I choose the notepad and open this file, this is there in the file Screenshot below [ATTACH] Pretty much every time the same content is present in the file after opening it from notepad. What is this and...
  10. Desktop.txt file opening on startup every time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop.txt file opening on startup every time.: Every time I start the computer it opens by itself. I usually close it but it's starting to bother me. It just started popping up one day, don't know why, maybe a month ago. submitted by /u/jacceteer [link] [comments]...