Windows 10: "Opens With"

Discus and support "Opens With" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've noticed that I'm not the only Win 10/11 User with File Association problems when it comes to using Irfanview 64-bit. It's O.K. in Win 10 lately,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Old_hand, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Old_hand Win User

"Opens With"

I've noticed that I'm not the only Win 10/11 User with File Association problems when it comes to using Irfanview 64-bit. It's O.K. in Win 10 lately, but started implanting its own logo on .ico files in my new Win 11. It was also taking over the .jpg image files until I fixed that with the View menu [thanks to a hack it looks like the Win 10]. I recall having this out with the great IS himself, when I started using Win 10 and had to [his advice] go back to 32-bit until the problem resolved. Anyway, after discovering this anomaly yesterday, I thought of everything including Regedit solutions be

:)

Old_hand, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. "Opens With" :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 25, 2022
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Edwin Win User

"Opens With"

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

"Opens With"

1. "Opens With" - Similar Threads - Opens

2. Hello suddenly started facing issue with my camera in windows 11, I'm unable to open camera...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello suddenly started facing issue with my camera in windows 11, I'm unable to open camera...: Hello I'm facing issue with my X250 ThinkPad laptop with windows 11 for camera suddenly started this problem it's not opening for better understanding I have attached 1 image pls check Ned solution urgent...
  3. Hello suddenly started facing issue with my camera in windows 11, I'm unable to open camera...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello suddenly started facing issue with my camera in windows 11, I'm unable to open camera...: Hello I'm facing issue with my X250 ThinkPad laptop with windows 11 for camera suddenly started this problem it's not opening for better understanding I have attached 1 image pls check Ned solution urgent...
  4. Windows open in different virtual desktops dissapearing and reappearing in single desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows open in different virtual desktops dissapearing and reappearing in single desktop: Hi,I am using:ThinkBook 16p G2 ACHwith:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 ProVersion 10.0.22631 Build 22631I am:1. Open several virtual desktops.2. Use WSL2 to open linux GUIs and place them in each desktop.3. Use some key combination/action that I haven't identified yet.I see:1....
  5. Windows open in different virtual desktops dissapearing and reappearing in single desktop

Windows open in different virtual desktops dissapearing and reappearing in single desktop: Hi,I am using:ThinkBook 16p G2 ACHwith:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 ProVersion 10.0.22631 Build 22631I am:1. Open several virtual desktops.2. Use WSL2 to open linux GUIs and place them in each desktop.3. Use some key combination/action that I haven't identified yet.I see:1....
  6. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  7. I can't open the settings app

I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  8. Bin files keep opening in internet explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bin files keep opening in internet explorer: How do I get them to open in a new location? submitted by /u/NSipe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1cd4lip/bin_files_keep_opening_in_internet_explorer/
  9. How can I get a new authentication method to open a locked account?

How can I get a new authentication method to open a locked account?: Every time I try to unlock my account it says that the verification method is not available and gives no other options for verification. What can be done to unlock the account and cancel the lock??...
  10. How can I get a new authentication method to open a locked account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get a new authentication method to open a locked account?: Every time I try to unlock my account it says that the verification method is not available and gives no other options for verification. What can be done to unlock the account and cancel the lock??...