Windows 10: OpenSSH files

Discus and support OpenSSH files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have disabled a few services under msconfig because my PC was a bit slow. It really helped, and Windows is working well. However, I found Openssh ssh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Randy Butternubs, Nov 24, 2018.

1. OpenSSH files

I have disabled a few services under msconfig because my PC was a bit slow. It really helped, and Windows is working well. However, I found Openssh ssh server with Openssh server files, which I had never installed. I wonder, if it is a virus or the files that come along with Windows updates?

:)

Randy Butternubs, Nov 24, 2018

2. OpenSSH files and service present without installing them.

Recently my computer was running slow . So I decided to disable some services under msconfig and see if it helps. It did help, windows started running as good as new. But I noticed something strange. There is a service called Openssh ssh server(Manufacturer:
    unknown) . Also under system32 there is a openssh folder with Openssh server files. I checked under "Manage optional features" Openssh server was not installed. Did these files come along with some windows update or was this a virus ?? If this was a virus
    what should I do ?

***Moved from: Windows 10/Security & privacy***

chotumotu12, Nov 24, 2018
  3. OpenSSH

is there a simple alternative to the OpenSSH server for Windows xp??

here is my problem

Server install on N900....... Enter Password..... Repeat Password...... install done

OpenSSH Server install on Windows XP........Obtain PHD in Computer science plus obtain further knowledge on the history of computers....... Give up and look for alternative method

foxmeister---01, Nov 24, 2018
  4. blackbagz Win User

OpenSSH files

OpenSSH

Fox,

Go over to Maemo.org and you'll see a number of threads about VNC server and OpenSSH.

blackbagz, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

OpenSSH files

1. OpenSSH files - Similar Threads - OpenSSH files

2. OpenSSH not working after upgrading from Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OpenSSH not working after upgrading from Windows 10 to 11: I had been using OpenSSH to connect successfully to my computer using ssh keys for a long time. I then upgraded my computer with mostly new hardware which made it compatible with Windows 11, so I installed Windows 11. Now SSH connection attempts timeout and I cannot figure...
  3. OpenSSH not working after upgrading from Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OpenSSH not working after upgrading from Windows 10 to 11: I had been using OpenSSH to connect successfully to my computer using ssh keys for a long time. I then upgraded my computer with mostly new hardware which made it compatible with Windows 11, so I installed Windows 11. Now SSH connection attempts timeout and I cannot figure...
  4. sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.: I have an openssh server set up on my windows machine. I set up this for the sftp purpose.the trouble is, I cannot access two drives at the same time.At first the sftp would be at the c-drive. but the primary contents that i wanted to access was in E:, and It seemed...
  5. sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.: I have an openssh server set up on my windows machine. I set up this for the sftp purpose.the trouble is, I cannot access two drives at the same time.At first the sftp would be at the c-drive. but the primary contents that i wanted to access was in E:, and It seemed...
  6. sftp by OpenSSH server on windows 10 doesn't work with multiple drives.

7. OpenSSH Server Install - Event ID 1001

OpenSSH Server Install - Event ID 1001: Good morning, I have attempted to install OpenSSH Server but install has failed. I could not identify any errors withing endpoint security, but I was able to identify event ID 1001 within event viewer. I was able to verify that OpenSSH client was installed. - <Event...
  8. OpenSSH Server Install - Event ID 1001

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OpenSSH Server Install - Event ID 1001: Good morning, I have attempted to install OpenSSH Server but install has failed. I could not identify any errors withing endpoint security, but I was able to identify event ID 1001 within event viewer. I was able to verify that OpenSSH client was installed. - <Event...
  9. OpenSSH files and service present without installing them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenSSH files and service present without installing them.: Recently my computer was running slow . So I decided to disable some services under msconfig and see if it helps. It did help, windows started running as good as new. But I noticed something strange. There is a service called Openssh ssh server(Manufacturer: unknown) . Also...
  10. OpenSSH files and service present without installing them.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OpenSSH files and service present without installing them.: Recently my computer was running slow . So I decided to disable some services under msconfig and see if it helps. It did help, windows started running as good as new. But I noticed something strange. There is a service called Openssh ssh server(Manufacturer: unknown) . Also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win open ssh open text file

2. windows 10 openssh log file