Windows 10: Opensubtitles.org not working in media playing programs

Discus and support Opensubtitles.org not working in media playing programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks just seems to have happened in the last few days I can't get subtitles via opensubtitles.org any more when playing content say using KODI etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Aug 18, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Opensubtitles.org not working in media playing programs

Hi folks

just seems to have happened in the last few days
    I can't get subtitles via opensubtitles.org any more when playing content say using KODI etc - even content from my own NAS.

It always comes back saying usename / password invalid or empty.

I've logged on to the site -- absolutely no problem -- not isp blocked etc etc --anybody else got this problem.

I do like the subtitles especially as a lot of modern films etc have usually bonkersly loud music / special effects and very quiet or mumbled dialog.

One can still get subtitles via the "elephantine way" --retrieve via the internet from the opensubtitles.org and save on NAS as a local subtitle when playing the media - but that's hideously inconvenient -- the original method just allowed you to search and get the subtitle direct while playing the media --very good for TV series boxed sets etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 18, 2019

2. Cannot play audio CD from Win Media Player

We suggest you try to play the .cda files on another PC that has a Windows Media Player.

In the mean time, kindly try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Type Default Programs in the search bar.
    • Click Default Programs under Best match.
    • On the pop-up window, click Associate a file type or a protocol with a program.
    • Under Name tab, look for .cda, and check if Windows Media Player is listed
      Current Default program.
    • If not, select .cda then click Change program..., and select
      Windows Media Player.
    If Windows Media Player is the default program for .cda files, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • On the pop-up window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Media Player Errors - Stops playing

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if issue persists.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter, please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Reinstall Windows Media player

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media Player and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows Key +X, select Programs and Features.

• Click on Turn Windows features ON or OFF on the left panel.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck the box against Windows Media Player.

• Click OK and restart if prompted. Follow the same procedure and check the box against Windows Media Player to reinstall.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Opensubtitles.org not working in media playing programs

wma files will not play in window media play since I upgaded to window 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, for the late response.

I'd be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow these methods, provided below, to fix your issue:

Method 1:

Let's try to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check, if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key” on your keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c. Now select Programs in the search option.

d. Under Media Player, select Windows Media Player Settings to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, I would suggest you to uninstall, then re-install Windows Media Player and check, if this fixes the issue.

Let's try to follow these steps, mentioned below:

a. Press “Windows key”.

b. Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

c. Expand “Media Features” option.

d. Un-check “Media Player”.

e. Restart the computer.

Follow these steps to re-install Windows Media Player:

a. Press “Windows key + W”.

b. Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

c. Expand “Media Features” option.

d. Make a check mark next to “Media Player”.

e. Restart the computer.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Opensubtitles.org not working in media playing programs

1. Opensubtitles.org not working in media playing programs - Similar Threads - Opensubtitles org working

2. Window Media Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Media Play: Hi. I have a window 7. This a.m. I was able to look at the pictures in my Window Media Player. Now the pictures are gone. Can I retrieve them ? Help is appreciated. Them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-play/ff8be338-9756-4b0a-9e2b-c9c6931a754d
  3. Window Media Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Media Play: Hi. I have a window 7. This a.m. I was able to look at the pictures in my Window Media Player. Now the pictures are gone. Can I retrieve them ? Help is appreciated. Them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-play/ff8be338-9756-4b0a-9e2b-c9c6931a754d
  4. Play/Pause Media button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play/Pause Media button not working: For some reason my play/pause media button on my keyboard doesn't work right, when I press it the music rapidly pauses and then un-pauses, so fast that you cant even tell that I tried to pause it. Both the Skip and Rewind media buttons work fine, but the Play/Pause button...
  5. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  6. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  7. media play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media play: My Media play stopped working ,and I had almost 41,000 songs & albums have gone . how do I get back playing and files back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-play/d097b1df-8539-4983-8cdd-d874b9b94a3e
  8. Any Danes Here --Opensubtitles to be blocked in Denmark

Any Danes Here --Opensubtitles to be blocked in Denmark: Hi folks How can a Danish Court (Denmark is one of the freest countries in the world) ban something like Opensubtitles -- How can subtitles --which so many people rely on be considered "Piracy" in any shape or form A lot of modern films / TV shows have incredibly poor...
  9. Media not playing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media not playing.: So video and music is not playing on my computer, either on a browser or content off my hard drives. Also I cant run audio off my DAW. Everything else seems to be working fine. Web pages opening with pictures and video thumb nails. Windows 10 Cheers...
  10. Change default program for "Play all" button in media folders?

Change default program for "Play all" button in media folders?: Is there a way to change the default program for the "Play all" button in media folders? I want it to launch audio files with iTunes not media player. I have tried everything in this thread and many other online threads similar, including changing each audio file type...