Windows 10: OpenVPN 2.4.6

Discus and support OpenVPN 2.4.6 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using the OpenVPN 2.4.6 app, with OpenVPN-configuration files-strong from the vpn Private Internet Access (PIA). I am experiencing extreme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by godzilla_304, Nov 10, 2018.

1. OpenVPN 2.4.6

I am using the OpenVPN 2.4.6 app, with OpenVPN-configuration files-strong from the vpn Private Internet Access (PIA). I am experiencing extreme slowdown regarding my laptops functioning: delays in response to pressing the volume keys, Firefox/Edge/Chrome browsers comes to a complete stop, cpu usage sky rockets. As soon as I close the browser, it all stops and goes back to normal functioning. I used the Wireshark app to investigate, and all there was that stood out is that every now and then the capture would freeze, coinciding with the browser freezing. There was no unusual network traffic that would explain the freeze. Everything starts off okay, but within an hour it is guaranteed to occur.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Firefox, Chrome, the TAP-Windows adapter v9, and the OpenVPN 2.4.6 app. There was a time when this sort of thing never happened. Even when I was using the PIA vpn app. The reason I stopped using the PIA vpn app was because I kept have connection issues, which have disappeared since I started using the OpenVPN 2.4.6 app. Is this to do with my laptop, the TAP-Windows adapter v9, the PIA configuration files, or Windows 10? I have no idea.

:)

godzilla_304, Nov 10, 2018

2. OpenVPN app for Nokia Belle

I don't know much of this IPSec/Ike OpenVPN.. Seem's like there is no other alternative OpenVPN that uses .ovpn config for Nokia Belle. Hmmm....sigh Hoping Nokia will release OpenVPN app for Nokia Belle Thanks, Onichan

onichan---01, Nov 10, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

OpenVPN 2.4.6

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

OpenVPN 2.4.6

1. OpenVPN 2.4.6 - Similar Threads - OpenVPN

2. OpenVPN installation error for Surface Pro 9 windows 11 Pro with ARM with QUALCOMM SQ3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OpenVPN installation error for Surface Pro 9 windows 11 Pro with ARM with QUALCOMM SQ3: Hello- I am trying to install OpenVPN for Windows Client and I am unable to have a successful installation. I continue to receive the following error OpenVPNMSICA: get_net_adapter_guid:SetupDIOpenDevRegKey failed Error -536870396The installation eventually gets completed but...
  3. OpenVPN installation error for Surface Pro 9 windows 11 Pro with ARM with QUALCOMM SQ3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OpenVPN installation error for Surface Pro 9 windows 11 Pro with ARM with QUALCOMM SQ3: Hello- I am trying to install OpenVPN for Windows Client and I am unable to have a successful installation. I continue to receive the following error OpenVPNMSICA: get_net_adapter_guid:SetupDIOpenDevRegKey failed Error -536870396The installation eventually gets completed but...
  4. The OpenVPN can't be installed

The OpenVPN can't be installed: I have Windows 10 x64.During I install OpenVPN the error appears See the screenshot.I tried to install different versions from 2.5.5 to 2.6.0.I had the same result...
  5. The OpenVPN can't be installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The OpenVPN can't be installed: I have Windows 10 x64.During I install OpenVPN the error appears See the screenshot.I tried to install different versions from 2.5.5 to 2.6.0.I had the same result...
  6. The OpenVPN can't be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft Account service can't connect when using OpenVPN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account service can't connect when using OpenVPN: This issue goes for a long time, now. It has been repeatedly reported on Feedback Hub, has been fixed and it broke again. The problem can be described simply: if you connect through OpenVPN, Microsoft Account connection page simply doesn't connect; which means that you can't...
  8. OpenVPN is not working after Windows 11 upgrade

OpenVPN is not working after Windows 11 upgrade: Hi Team,I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after that my OpenVPN client is unable to launch. Is anyone else facing that issue? I tried different blogs available on Internet to allow that OpenVPN app on firewall but none of them works.Can someone help me ....
  9. OpenVPN is not working after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OpenVPN is not working after Windows 11 upgrade: Hi Team,I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 after that my OpenVPN client is unable to launch. Is anyone else facing that issue? I tried different blogs available on Internet to allow that OpenVPN app on firewall but none of them works.Can someone help me ....
  10. How install openvpn provider and use them with default windows 11 VPN manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How install openvpn provider and use them with default windows 11 VPN manager: This is a window for adding a new VPN connection and the VPN provider field is choosable So how can I install OpenVPN provider and choose them in this field?...