Windows 10: openvpn app usiong alot of data

Discus and support openvpn app usiong alot of data in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my data usage seams very high and i found the no1 consuming app/program is somthing called openvpn. i have a vpn installed that i purchased . my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by patriccurry, Nov 4, 2020.

1. openvpn app usiong alot of data

my data usage seams very high and i found the no1 consuming app/program is somthing called openvpn. i have a vpn installed that i purchased . my question is were did this come from and what do i do to rid my device of it?

:)

patriccurry, Nov 4, 2020

2. OpenVPN app for Nokia Belle

I don't know much of this IPSec/Ike OpenVPN.. Seem's like there is no other alternative OpenVPN that uses .ovpn config for Nokia Belle. Hmmm....sigh Hoping Nokia will release OpenVPN app for Nokia Belle Thanks, Onichan

onichan---01, Nov 4, 2020
  3. OpenVPN connected. No DNS resolution

ISSUE

OpenVPN is getting connected. But sites are not resolved

DESCRIPTION

Our organization have an OpenVPN Neth server with limted server and site access. Some Windows 10 Pro machines are able to access the servers and sites after connecting to the VPN server, some are getting connected but have DNS resolution issues. We are not
    able to access anything from those machines. There are no issues with other OS too.

ERROR

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

WHAT I HAVE TRIED

• Tried access with different web browsers.
    • Cleared browser cookies and data
    • Changed DNS in network adaptor settings
    • Flushed DNS
    Are there any fixes for this issue?

Ananthram.E.S, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

openvpn app usiong alot of data

OpenVPN 2.4.6

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Were there any changes made on the PC prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed in
    troubleshoot Windows 10 hangs or freezes and check
    if it works.

Note: Article holds good for Windows 10.

You may also place the PC on a
    clean boot state
    and check if it works fine. Reset the computer to start normally after troubleshooting. Refer

clean boot state
    for the same.

Note:

A ‘Clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If the issue persists, get in touch with the
    OpenVPN support for further help.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

openvpn app usiong alot of data

1. openvpn app usiong alot of data - Similar Threads - openvpn app usiong

2. "system" using alot of data, and it's not for an update or something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "system" using alot of data, and it's not for an update or something: Hi,i have an issue that there is a app or something that showoff in the wifi data usage in the laptop and i can see it's name called system and it use alot of data like the last month it used about 125gb i tried to look for help and none of them were helpful. i tried like...
  3. "system" using alot of data, and it's not for an update or something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "system" using alot of data, and it's not for an update or something: Hi,i have an issue that there is a app or something that showoff in the wifi data usage in the laptop and i can see it's name called system and it use alot of data like the last month it used about 125gb i tried to look for help and none of them were helpful. i tried like...
  4. The OpenVPN can't be installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The OpenVPN can't be installed: I have Windows 10 x64.During I install OpenVPN the error appears See the screenshot.I tried to install different versions from 2.5.5 to 2.6.0.I had the same result...
  5. The OpenVPN can't be installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The OpenVPN can't be installed: I have Windows 10 x64.During I install OpenVPN the error appears See the screenshot.I tried to install different versions from 2.5.5 to 2.6.0.I had the same result...
  6. The OpenVPN can't be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. "System" using alot of internet data

"System" using alot of internet data: "System" is using more than 5gb of internet data every day. Last month it used more than 250gb I get than Windows 10 is data demanding but still theres gotta be a solution to my problem Thanks for your help Thomas...
  8. OpenVPN 2.4.6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OpenVPN 2.4.6: I am using the OpenVPN 2.4.6 app, with OpenVPN-configuration files-strong from the vpn Private Internet Access (PIA). I am experiencing extreme slowdown regarding my laptops functioning: delays in response to pressing the volume keys, Firefox/Edge/Chrome browsers comes to a...
  9. Synology OpenVPN Performance

Synology OpenVPN Performance: I currently have an OpenVPN setup with a pfSense box. I'm thinking of ditching it and setting up OpenVPN on a Synology RS1219+ (need to upgrade current NAS for my wife's photography business). Does anyone know what kind of throughput one might get with the RS1219+? It has a...
  10. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...