Windows 10: OpenVPN -> Autoconnect to VPN + Killswitch?

Discus and support OpenVPN -> Autoconnect to VPN + Killswitch? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey!, Recently I bought a gaming laptop which brought me back to Windows from Arch since TBH I didn't really want to deal with the headaches of trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Laucien, Dec 9, 2019.

1. OpenVPN -> Autoconnect to VPN + Killswitch?

Hey!,

Recently I bought a gaming laptop which brought me back to Windows from Arch since TBH I didn't really want to deal with the headaches of trying to get Optimus to work properly haha (That and using my Xbox Game Pass sub to play Outer Worlds).

I have it pretty much set up as I want to but I'm having some issues figuring out the best way to have it auto-connect to a VPN on startup and completely killing traffic whenever the VPN isn't available. Its simple enough in Unix but struggling here.

For the VPN I'm using the OpenVPN GUI client wiht `*.ovpn` files from my VPN provider. My goal is to have a connection established as soon as Windows boots and if anything should happen to it cut the connection completely. I want to avoid using my VPN provider's client at all and ideally the connection would be among the first things established on sign on so by the time Steam/Battle.net and other clients try to log in there's already a tunnel up and running.

Any thoughts on what the best way to achieve that would be? So far I tried setting OpenVPN GUI as a service to run on startup but all it does is open the application and minimize it to tray but I couldn't figure out how to actually establish a connection.

submitted by /u/Laucien
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Laucien, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Need SSL-VPN, OpenVPN or IKEv1 on Windows Mobile 10

Hey Microsoft,

where is the support for nowadays-vpn technologies like OpenVPN, SSL-VPN or IKEv1 in Windows Mobile 10?!?!?!!

greets

Peter

PeterBölke, Dec 9, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

OpenVPN -> Autoconnect to VPN + Killswitch?

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin OpenVPN -> Autoconnect to VPN + Killswitch? :D

P4-630, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

OpenVPN -> Autoconnect to VPN + Killswitch?

1. OpenVPN -> Autoconnect to VPN + Killswitch? - Similar Threads - OpenVPN Autoconnect VPN

2. WiFi Unable to Autoconnect

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi Unable to Autoconnect: Before connect to SSID I have already checked the connect automatically. [ATTACH] However after restart need to manually connect and select SSID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-unable-to-autoconnect/30de99df-30ce-446c-a072-e89c9bea6a3e
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 2004 VPN L2TP fail autoconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrade to Windows 10 2004 VPN L2TP fail autoconnect: Good evening. After upgrading to Windows 10 2004, the L2TP / IPSEC VPN using MS-CHAPv2 with the option "Automatically use my Windows log-on name and password and domain, if any no longer connects automatically. Note that the computer in question is in an AD domain and in the...
  4. Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN

Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN: Hi I managed to connect on pptp and OpenVPN to access the home network remotely but when I go to explorer and try to locate the network computers, I don't see them and I would like to see what can be done to fix it. thanks Anthony...
  5. When do windows10 support autoconnect with VPN

When do windows10 support autoconnect with VPN: Hi i would like to know when we can get a better solution for VPN connections. It is a very old solution to use a bat file to configure automatic VPN connection when windows starting up! Regards Erling Mattsson...
  6. OpenVPN 2.4.6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OpenVPN 2.4.6: I am using the OpenVPN 2.4.6 app, with OpenVPN-configuration files-strong from the vpn Private Internet Access (PIA). I am experiencing extreme slowdown regarding my laptops functioning: delays in response to pressing the volume keys, Firefox/Edge/Chrome browsers comes to a...
  7. OpenVPN - Send All Traffic Through VPN in Windows 10

OpenVPN - Send All Traffic Through VPN in Windows 10: With OpenVPN on macOS, I have the option to check to send all traffic through the VPN. With Windows 10 (v1803), I do not have this option. Does anyone know if OpenVPN 2.4.6 will automatically send all traffic through the VPN? I don't want *any* traffic to not go through the...
  8. Wireless Autoconnect doesn't work

Wireless Autoconnect doesn't work: Running windows 10 Connected to the Wifi Network. Need to reboot, so rebooted pc. desktop comes up, and no internet. no change after 5 mins. left click on wireless icon in tray, select network. Auto connect is checked....???? not connected to network..? click connect,...
  9. OpenVPN VPN and third party VPN apps are not working in 14383 build ?

OpenVPN VPN and third party VPN apps are not working in 14383 build ?: OpenVPN Native VPN and third party VPN apps which uses Openvpn technology are also not working in 14383 build ?*really actually they show they are connected to VPN but when we use browser and app origin IP is completely leaked*Sick e.g. I tried F-secure Freedome VPN ,...
  10. Windows 10 firewall allow only traffic when connected to VPN (OpenVPN)

Windows 10 firewall allow only traffic when connected to VPN (OpenVPN): How do I configure the Windows firewall to only allow internet traffic when my computer is connected to my VPN? I am using OpenVPN and I wish to apply this as a global rule or global set of rules, not only for a selected application/applications. It would though be necessary...