Windows 10: OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

Discus and support OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bob12603, Nov 25, 2016.

1. bob12603 Win User

OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and if I try to start it I get a popup saying that it is already running. But there is no indication in the task bar that it is running. And no indication otherwise that it is running. If it were running I'd be ask for credentials right?

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks, Bob

:)

bob12603, Nov 25, 2016

2. Need SSL-VPN, OpenVPN or IKEv1 on Windows Mobile 10

Hey Microsoft,

where is the support for nowadays-vpn technologies like OpenVPN, SSL-VPN or IKEv1 in Windows Mobile 10?!?!?!!

greets

Peter

PeterBölke, Nov 25, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    TAP 9.9.2

TAP is a driver used by a third-party VPN called OpenVPN. If you didn't install OpenVPN, you are probably hacked.

BulldogXX, Nov 25, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It is in the task bar. It's the little computer monitor with the padlock. Right click and select settings:

OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 25, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Actually, after you paste your configuration files into C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config, when you right click on the OpenVPN icon you should get:

OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI? [​IMG]

Note, you cannot VPN into the router from your own home network, you have to be outside your network. When I want to test it at home I connect my computer to my phone's 4G hotspot which puts it outside my network, then VPN in.

NavyLCDR, Nov 25, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If it shows the Service is running, then it should be. Unless you have something installed that works with OpenVPN and can show traffic. That is going to be the only way that you can tell what it is doing.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI? - Similar Threads - OpenVPN GUi Where's

2. no gui device installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no gui device installed: My windows 10 will not open my speaker connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-gui-device-installed/fc322a9e-467f-4f5d-b582-aeb79dc4ca84
  3. git gui

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    git gui: Somehow git-gui has been installed on my windows 10 system. It has installed its commands into the file explorer menu. It is failing on an SSL call. I get the following error message fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dfl1955/xxxxxxx.git/': error:1407742E:SSL...
  4. GUI WinPE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GUI WinPE: Does anyone have a GUI of Windows 10 as a WINPE bootup so I can reimage computers from the WINPE GUI? 126913
  5. Windows Your Way , Customizable GUI and fresh ideas for GUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Your Way , Customizable GUI and fresh ideas for GUI: I have a ton of great idea for Windows. 10 I would like to share. Build Customizable GUI into Windows There are a lot of programs out there for changing the UI , there is even Microsoft's Tweak UI but what about having the experience of even greater customizing of your...
  6. GUI interface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GUI interface: i can not access any routers switches that use a GUI interface , say 192.168.1.1 yet i can ping them fine and or use a network utility to talk to them , but can not get to them from ie or chrome or edge or any browser...
  7. WDT GUI improvements...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WDT GUI improvements...: @ ThemeTeam and those that are good at graphics... I'm re-developing WDT with a modern UI but without XAML. i.e. keeping it portable. With Showkey I'm using a third party for the modern UI, however, I've been working on my own modern UI... Please let me know what I need...
  8. GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    GUI: Has anybody else got this GUI don't know how I got ir presume it came down from an upgrade. It really is brilliant but what I want to know is can I change it? 102886
  9. Powershell GUI Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell GUI Change: Hi everyone! I recently notice that my powershell change his skin and i don't why. I try to run sfc command but nothing has been found. try to uncheck powershell 2.0 from turn windows features off or on but no luck. The powershell work perfect on cmd terminal but not for...
  10. Windows 10 GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GUI: Is the Windows 10 GUI the same for the free upgrades from Windows 7 and Windows 8? Has the Charms Bar dropped for free upgrades from Windows 8? Just wondering. 15530