Windows 10: OpenVPN server - where and how to specify username/password

Discus and support OpenVPN server - where and how to specify username/password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've installed OpenVPN server on my machine, and it says it's working, but my client software requires a username and a password to be specified, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nemesis77, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Nemesis77 Win User

OpenVPN server - where and how to specify username/password

I've installed OpenVPN server on my machine, and it says it's working, but my client software requires a username and a password to be specified, but as a rookie on this, I have no idea how to setup the server for this? I'm using a standard configuration to the OpenVPN server: This is supposed to be a "dummy" VPN, so anything connected to it shouldn't go anywhere.. ;local a.b.c.d port 1194 ;proto tcp proto udp4 ;dev tap dev tun ;dev-node MyTap ca "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\ca.crt" cert "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\server.crt" key "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\server.key" dh "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\dh2048.pem" ;auth-user-pass "C:\\Program Files\\OpenVPN\\config\\auth.txt" ;topology subnet server 10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0 ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt ;server-bridge 10.8.0.4 255.255.255.0 10.8.0.50 10.8.0.100 ;server-bridge ;push "route 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0" ;push "route 192.168.20.0 255.255.255.0" ;client-config-dir ccd ;route 192.168.40.128 255.255.255.248 ;client-config-dir ccd ;route 10.9.0.0 255.255.255.252 ;learn-address ./scrip ;push "redirect-gateway def1 bypass-dhcp" push "dhcp-option DNS 192.168.77.9" ;push "dhcp-option DNS 208.67.220.220" ;client-to-client ;duplicate-cn keepalive 10 120 tls-auth ta.key 0 # This file is secret cipher AES-256-GCM ;compress lz4-v2 ;push "compress lz4-v2" ;comp-lzo ;max-clients 100 ;user nobody ;group nobody persist-key persist-tun status openvpn-status.log ;log openvpn.log ;log-append openvpn.log verb 3 ;mute 20 explicit-exit-notify 1 ;client-cert-not-required user nobody group nogroup

:)

Nemesis77, Aug 15, 2021

2. Why is windows security asking for username and password

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you referring to either the Microsoft Security Essentials or the Windows Defender? If not, please specify which Windows security utility is asking for your username and password.
    • Does the issue also occur when you try to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?
    • What username and password is being asked (e.g. Microsoft Account, etc.)? If it's other than your Microsoft Account, please specify which account.
    • What happens when you try to enter your username and password?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Aug 15, 2021
  3. OpenVPN Server / Internet Connection Sharing / Routing / IPV6

I'm trying to get an openvpn server running on windows 10 (pro), version 1607. It's working for ipv4, but not ipv6. I'm specifically trying to get it working with ipv4 and ipv6 to test for a problem with openvpn. I'm testing with ipv6-test.com and test-ipv6.com. The client and the server are connecting and both ipv4 and ipv6 are working between the client and the server (the client can ping server), but I can't get any ipv6 traffic to pass through the server.

I'm wondering about internet connection sharing. There don't appear to be any specific ICS settings that relate to this issue. Alternatively, it could be routing.

Any suggestions?

bimmerdriver, Aug 15, 2021
  4. OpenVPN server - where and how to specify username/password

OpenVPN connected. No DNS resolution

ISSUE

OpenVPN is getting connected. But sites are not resolved

DESCRIPTION

Our organization have an OpenVPN Neth server with limted server and site access. Some Windows 10 Pro machines are able to access the servers and sites after connecting to the VPN server, some are getting connected but have DNS resolution issues. We are not
    able to access anything from those machines. There are no issues with other OS too.

ERROR

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

WHAT I HAVE TRIED

• Tried access with different web browsers.
    • Cleared browser cookies and data
    • Changed DNS in network adaptor settings
    • Flushed DNS
    Are there any fixes for this issue?

Ananthram.E.S, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

OpenVPN server - where and how to specify username/password

1. OpenVPN server - where and how to specify username/password - Similar Threads - OpenVPN server where

2. How do i find my server username and password? - URGENT RESPONSE REQUIRED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i find my server username and password? - URGENT RESPONSE REQUIRED: I need to access my LAN from a remote application. That application is asking for my LAN "server username" and password. Can you advise how I get this information from my windows. This is urgent. please email me urgently using my onmicrosoft email address and my personal...
  3. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  4. How to enable username and password for login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable username and password for login: How can I enable username and password for login? like you have to type in username AND password. I have windows 10, version 2004. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-username-and-password-for-login/157c9701-f601-44a5-a480-45244e469edd
  5. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: I am having a problem editing username through my microsoft password manager feature i want to edit username Found how to edit password but need to change username How is this done thru password manager...
  6. OpenVPN not working Windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OpenVPN not working Windows server 2019: Hey guys I recently got a problem with connecting to a openVPN profile with a windows server 2019 RDP. when i connect it shows successful connection but when browsing there is no internet conection. i tried to reinstall Tap drivers bur still nothing works. I also...
  7. How to login with username and password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to login with username and password: [ATTACH] Above is a rough example of what I am trying to do. I don't want to sign in with any other method, I want to use the above. No combo of my username and password works. The password I am using is the PIN assigned to the account before enabling this method. This is...
  8. where does wifi saves passwords for username password based internet wifi

where does wifi saves passwords for username password based internet wifi: Hi, I am using Windows 10. There is some small problem I use to access internet in my network via Wifi. I get 2 screens. First a network wifi icon at bottom right hand corner. Which I click and I get some thing like this [ATTACH] Here I get a prompt on selecting the...
  9. username and password

username and password: how to find my internet password, it is connected from the router by cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/username-and-password/e547cfd0-01b9-4977-b36b-5094fb340f7d
  10. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...