Windows 10: Opera and web bar

Discus and support Opera and web bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally installed opera and it will not uninstall. It asks if it can make changes to the device but no matter what I click nothing happens. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MutedDoge124, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Opera and web bar

I accidentally installed opera and it will not uninstall. It asks if it can make changes to the device but no matter what I click nothing happens. I also have an internet explorer web bar at the top of my screen and can’t get rid of it. Please help.

submitted by /u/MutedDoge124
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MutedDoge124, Aug 13, 2020
  2. alexp999 Win User

Choose speed, productivity and innovation with Opera 9.6

Opera Software today launched Opera 9.6, the newest version of Opera’s award-winning Web browser. Opera 9.6 enhances the performance and flexibility of Opera’s built-in e-mail client, while adding new features to Opera’s free browser-synchronization service, Opera Link. Opera 9.6 is available as a free download from Opera.com

What’s new in Opera 9.6
    • Expanded Opera Link
    Opera lets you take your favorite search engines and the browser history you enter wherever you go. Opera Link also synchronizes notes taken in your Opera browser, your bookmarks, Speed Dial and personal bar.
    • Optimized Opera Mail
    Stuck with a slow connection? Our built-in e-mail client, Opera Mail, now includes “low-bandwidth mode” to retrieve mails even faster when bandwidth is limited.
    • Prioritized e-mail
    Opera Mail has two new ways to manage e-mail conversations. Keep an eye on important threads and contacts by following them, or ignore less important threads and contacts with a single click.
    • Increased speed:
    Opera 9.6 improves the quick responsiveness and page loading of Opera 9.5.
    • Previewed feeds
    Look before you feed. Now you can see an RSS feed’s content before subscribing to it or even bookmarking it. Opera gives you a clean, multi-column preview for each RSS feed so you know what to expect before you subscribe.
    • Improved fluency
    Opera is pleased to add support for Indonesian, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil languages.

“We believe in making the Web available for people everywhere,” said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera Software. “The people who use Opera need it to adapt to their needs and we’re proud to continue that tradition today. Our improved e-mail client is now the ideal communication tool. Opera Link gives you more flexibility to take your personal browsing identity with you to any computer. The new Opera 9.6 gives more people around the world new reasons to choose Opera.”

Of course, Opera 9.6 includes many features Opera users have already come to know and love. Speed Dial gives you one-click access to your favorite sites. Take notes as you browse, and connect them to the page you’re browsing. Save and restore browsing sessions after you close the browser and never lose a Web site or e-mail if you accidentally close a tab. Surf with ease, thanks to mouse gestures. All these features and many others bring a fresh approach to browsing the Web in Opera 9.6.

Availability
    Opera 9.6 is available for Linux, Mac and Windows computers and ships in more than 38 languages. Opera is free from Opera.com

Source: Opera

alexp999, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Opera Integrates Web Mining Protection in Their Latest Opera 50 RC

Opera has announced that the latest, Release Candidate (RC) version of their web browser now incorporates an innovative cryptocurrency mining protection baked in. Opera has been one of the most versatile browsers for some time now, offering integrated VPN, AdBlocker, and bandwidth reduction on its releases. Some issues, such as measure of lacking visibility against Firefox and Chrome, and performance that's seldom in the top spot from the available offerings in the market, has kept this browser from being the go-to option for users. Now, the opera team have again innovated, by integrating a cryptocurrency web mining blocker onto the latest release.

The solution, dubbed NoCoin, works within the confines of the integrated AdBlocking protection, with extended lists that eliminates cryptocurrency mining scripts that "overuse your device's computing ability." To enable the mining protection, users need to go to Settings or Preferences. The NoCoin (Cryptocurrency) setting can be found in Recommended lists of ad filters in the Block ads page. "With NoCoin turned on, pages embedded with cryptocurrency mining scripts will be blocked in a similar way our mechanism blocks ads," said Opera desktop QA Kornelia Mielczarczyk. This is all well and good, but some extensions already offer this kind of protection, and with Google adding their own AdBlocking solution to Chrome in early 2018, this feature exclusivity likely won't remain an additional arrow in Opera's feature quiver for long.

Opera and web bar lPMEddR0bFz8P789_thm.jpg

Opera and web bar GP3KMRFeR07LqutJ_thm.jpg

Opera and web bar k8TdnTS0wgUV3jk9_thm.jpg

Sources: Opera Blogs, via ZDNet

Raevenlord, Aug 13, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Opera and web bar

Firefox to Opera

I switched to Opera after dealing with Firefox constantly stuttering and being laggy, and I have to say I am amazed at Opera so far - everything seems immensely more responsive (I swear it anticipates me middle-clicking on a link and acts before I do), but like all switches there are a few things I would like help on:
    • In Firefox I was able to put the navigation stuff (back, forward, address bar) on the menu bar (file, bookmarks, etc.), and I would really like to do that with Opera (or put stuff on the menu bar on the address bar), how would I do that?
    • I notice that the description on tabs (when you hover over a tab) is animated. I being an avid opponent of animating things for no good reason (a tooltip and/or browser GUI never being a good reason), would like to disable that and any other animations I happen to come across.
    I'm not trying to rant, but those are the things that I'm currently trying to fix, and I'm new to it so I'm not sure where else to look (aside from preferences and appearance).

hellrazor, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Opera and web bar

1. Opera and web bar - Similar Threads - Opera web bar

2. Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera: Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera? I have been using Opera since I bought my computer. Why is Windows labeling it as UNSAFE?...
  3. Strange web bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange web bar: [ATTACH] Since a half year this dead searchbar appears , if i tap outside google search bar. Belongs this to Mozilla browser? I used Avira Prime Antivirus, Malware bytes antiadware, CCleaner - there is no addition to mozilla browser and i found no extraprogramm in the...
  4. Windows 10 web bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 web bar: Hi i'm using Windows 10 and i recently downloaded something I shouldn't have and now I have this annoying search bar or a web bar at the top of my laptop and I don't know how to get rid of it. So I google it and I found its something to do with chromium? So after searching...
  5. Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar: I accidentally installed opera (along with 2 other programs, now uninstalled) and I can’t delete it. Every time I click uninstall it asks if I will allow opera to make changes to the device, but no matter what I click it doesn’t uninstall. It does this every time I try to...
  6. Opera’s PC web browser to feature a built in crypto wallet

in Windows 10 News
    Opera’s PC web browser to feature a built in crypto wallet: Opera today announced that it is working on bringing its famous crypto wallet to its web browser on PCs. The crypto wallet is currently available on the Opera app for Android mobile web browser. The company is expected to introduce the built in crypto wallet for its PC web...
  7. Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions: Opera has been regularly working on introducing new features for its Chromium based Opera web browser. The company is now working on two new versions of its browser, Opera 55 and Opera 56. The Opera 55 version of the web browser is now in beta testing phase and the company...
  8. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app: For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working with Microsoft Edge not other web browser. I am not sure how can I make Opera as default and rather use this not Microsoft...
  9. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...
  10. Opera web browser is Reborn

in Windows 10 News
    Opera web browser is Reborn: Over the last year, we have introduced a series of new features such as free VPN and native ad blocking. Earlier this year we also presented Opera Neon, a concept browser that gave you a glimpse into the future of desktop browsers. Now, the best parts of Neon are being...