Windows 10: Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

Discus and support Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally installed opera (along with 2 other programs, now uninstalled) and I can’t delete it. Every time I click uninstall it asks if I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MutedDoge124, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

I accidentally installed opera (along with 2 other programs, now uninstalled) and I can’t delete it. Every time I click uninstall it asks if I will allow opera to make changes to the device, but no matter what I click it doesn’t uninstall. It does this every time I try to uninstall it. Also there’s an internet explorer search bar at the top that I can’t remove. Can someone help me?

submitted by /u/MutedDoge124
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MutedDoge124, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Castiel Win User

Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Aug 13, 2020
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

Feb Windows10 update freeze and messed up my Opera browser!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the issues you are facing in installing the Windows Updates and accessing Opera browser on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that when you are trying to install the updates, Windows might reboot for a few number times.

The time it takes to install the update depends on Internet connection, size of the update being installed etc..

• Do let us know if you are referring to navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your computer?

If you are facing issues in accessing navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser then, I suggest you to uninstall the browser, re-install the latest version and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Opera
      browser and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Try to download Opera browser from the below link using Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge

Download Opera for Computers

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar

1. Opera browser/ internet explorer search bar - Similar Threads - Opera browser internet

2. Opera GX internet browser installed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Opera GX internet browser installed: Hello, I have Microsoft Family Safety MSFS with all the content and download controls enabled. For example my son can only use the Edge browser, and in the App and Game Limits section of the MSFS site, I can see all the various browsers blocked, including Opera.But he was...
  3. Opera GX internet browser installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera GX internet browser installed: Hello, I have Microsoft Family Safety MSFS with all the content and download controls enabled. For example my son can only use the Edge browser, and in the App and Game Limits section of the MSFS site, I can see all the various browsers blocked, including Opera.But he was...
  4. Opera GX internet browser installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Opera gx browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera gx browser: For some reason whenever i download or am about to download a file the opera window turns red in my task bar even when the download is sucsessful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-gx-browser/137d2a91-13f1-4bbf-9408-4ac0eed92c88
  6. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  7. Problem with Opera browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Opera browser: A version of the Opera browser has been working okay in a Debian Jessie system for about 9 months. Suddenly certain features no longer work :- (1) Can't open attachments in emails, especially PDF attachments. (2) Can't use ALT-P to clear cache/cookies Can anyone explain...
  8. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  9. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  10. Latest Opera browser

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Opera browser: I've recently installed the new Opera browser. and so far am liking it. I've usually used Chrome, and like that, too. I did a little testing on my own, using Task Mgr. I find that Opera uses substantially less resources than Chrome. I like many of the Opera features, such...