Windows 10: OPERA Browser Program will not download/work

Discus and support OPERA Browser Program will not download/work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried to install the Opera Browser onto my upgraded WIN10 system. It will not finish to give me a working program and I cannot find any error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DMB VIRGINIA, Mar 29, 2019.

1. OPERA Browser Program will not download/work

I have tried to install the Opera Browser onto my upgraded WIN10 system. It will not finish to give me a working program and I cannot find any error or suggested manner to get this program to install and work as it did prior to the new WIN10 build. Any suggestions … or perhaps you might try to install it from your end.

:)

DMB VIRGINIA, Mar 29, 2019

2. Win 10 will not UNINSTALL program Opera browser...

...and Win 10 will not open Opera browser via desktop icon, taskbar icon nor the new gray search bar at lower left of desktop page. If Opera browser (like Google browser) is NOT compatible with Win 10, then I'd at least like to uninstall Opera browser
    from my programs list. Possible? Or just too bad and my tough luck? I'm hoping to not choose between buying a Mac OR settling for a HOG browser like Edge. This is a huge & costly disappointment for me and my work.

RJDickerson, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Feb Windows10 update freeze and messed up my Opera browser!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the issues you are facing in installing the Windows Updates and accessing Opera browser on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that when you are trying to install the updates, Windows might reboot for a few number times.

The time it takes to install the update depends on Internet connection, size of the update being installed etc..

• Do let us know if you are referring to navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your computer?

If you are facing issues in accessing navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser then, I suggest you to uninstall the browser, re-install the latest version and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Opera
      browser and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Try to download Opera browser from the below link using Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge

Download Opera for Computers

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Cr00zng Win User

OPERA Browser Program will not download/work

Opera browser initial connections...

That had been my recollection as well, but the guide in your link does not work. It used to in previous versions and don't know when it has been changed?

After some search, in version 56.x, it is under search pop-up:

OPERA Browser Program will not download/work [​IMG]

Doing so did disable the Ukranian, but not the Europe bank connection. Oh well, I'll just keep blocking it with the firewalls...

Thanks for the tip...

Cr00zng, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

OPERA Browser Program will not download/work

1. OPERA Browser Program will not download/work - Similar Threads - OPERA Browser Program

2. Opera GX vs Opera – Which is the better browser?

in Windows 10 News
    Opera GX vs Opera – Which is the better browser?: [ATTACH]Opera is one of the oldest browsers in the industry, and it is one of the best as well. It has features such as a built-in VPN, ads-blocker, etc. However, the company also makes Opera GX which they refer to as a Gaming Browser. In this article, we are going to see...
  3. Opera gx browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera gx browser: For some reason whenever i download or am about to download a file the opera window turns red in my task bar even when the download is sucsessful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-gx-browser/137d2a91-13f1-4bbf-9408-4ac0eed92c88
  4. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  5. Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera)

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera): I have problems in all chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, etc...) with downloads of program install files being corrupt. If I download same installation files in Tor Browser or Mozilla Firefox I have no issue. Issue started after latest Windows...
  6. Problem with Opera browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Opera browser: A version of the Opera browser has been working okay in a Debian Jessie system for about 9 months. Suddenly certain features no longer work :- (1) Can't open attachments in emails, especially PDF attachments. (2) Can't use ALT-P to clear cache/cookies Can anyone explain...
  7. Opera announces first gaming browser - Opera GX

in Windows 10 News
    Opera announces first gaming browser - Opera GX: Uv-jwjKxZsk 0UeXgHVjCOA The new PC browser lets gamers control their computer’s CPU and memory usage to make their gaming and streaming smoother. It also features Twitch integration and numerous customization options. Los Angeles, California/ Oslo, Norway –There are...
  8. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  9. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  10. Latest Opera browser

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Opera browser: I've recently installed the new Opera browser. and so far am liking it. I've usually used Chrome, and like that, too. I did a little testing on my own, using Task Mgr. I find that Opera uses substantially less resources than Chrome. I like many of the Opera features, such...