Windows 10: Opera Browser

Discus and support Opera Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by huffman, Jan 22, 2021.

1. huffman Win User

Opera Browser

I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help.

Any ideas?

:)

huffman, Jan 22, 2021

2. Feb Windows10 update freeze and messed up my Opera browser!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the issues you are facing in installing the Windows Updates and accessing Opera browser on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that when you are trying to install the updates, Windows might reboot for a few number times.

The time it takes to install the update depends on Internet connection, size of the update being installed etc..

• Do let us know if you are referring to navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your computer?

If you are facing issues in accessing navigation bar, menu, Settings within the Opera browser then, I suggest you to uninstall the browser, re-install the latest version and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Opera
      browser and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Try to download Opera browser from the below link using Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge

Download Opera for Computers

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Castiel Win User
    Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Opera Browser

Opera Browser Assistant has stopped working

I suggest that you ask in the Opera Browser forums:

Opera Browser Assistant?

Bill Smithers, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Opera Browser

1. Opera Browser - Similar Threads - Opera Browser

2. Opera Browser sync issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera Browser sync issue: I am using a laptop and it has 2 different user accounts. One is my administrator account and other is a standard account. I user Opera browser and the second account uses Chrome. But whenever there is a popup, it opens the opera browser with everything my account, passwords,...
  3. Opera Browser sync issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera Browser sync issue: I am using a laptop and it has 2 different user accounts. One is my administrator account and other is a standard account. I user Opera browser and the second account uses Chrome. But whenever there is a popup, it opens the opera browser with everything my account, passwords,...
  4. Surface Pro 8 when watching online video in the opera browser is discharged in 4-5 hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 when watching online video in the opera browser is discharged in 4-5 hours.: Surface Pro 8 i5/8/256 Windows 11 - when watching online video in the Opera browser, it discharges in 4-5 hours. In 3 minutes the battery was discharged by 4%. The tablet heats up to 38-40 degrees....
  5. Surface Pro 8 when watching online video in the opera browser is discharged in 4-5 hours.

Surface Pro 8 when watching online video in the opera browser is discharged in 4-5 hours.: Surface Pro 8 i5/8/256 Windows 11 - when watching online video in the Opera browser, it discharges in 4-5 hours. In 3 minutes the battery was discharged by 4%. The tablet heats up to 38-40 degrees....
  6. Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...: This happened a few weeks ago where i downloaded winrar but now, when i open the permissions tab in properties for my file explorer it says WIN://SYSAPPID Contains "WINRAR.SHELLEXTENSION_S4JE..." then when i try to change the permissions of the user at the bottom it says,...
  7. Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...

Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...: This happened a few weeks ago where i downloaded winrar but now, when i open the permissions tab in properties for my file explorer it says WIN://SYSAPPID Contains "WINRAR.SHELLEXTENSION_S4JE..." then when i try to change the permissions of the user at the bottom it says,...
  8. Opera GX internet browser installed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Opera GX internet browser installed: Hello, I have Microsoft Family Safety MSFS with all the content and download controls enabled. For example my son can only use the Edge browser, and in the App and Game Limits section of the MSFS site, I can see all the various browsers blocked, including Opera.But he was...
  9. Opera GX internet browser installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera GX internet browser installed: Hello, I have Microsoft Family Safety MSFS with all the content and download controls enabled. For example my son can only use the Edge browser, and in the App and Game Limits section of the MSFS site, I can see all the various browsers blocked, including Opera.But he was...
  10. Opera GX internet browser installed