Windows 10: Opera opening thousands of help tabs

Discus and support Opera opening thousands of help tabs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gingerr574, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of tabs and my laptop is weak so it's hard to close opera and after when i click on opera gx to open it again it open Microsoft edge tab saying "how to get help in windows" can someone help me with this?is it a virus? My antivirus says that the system is not infected with any malware or virus

:)

Gingerr574, Aug 19, 2022

2. ads on opera

So I've been using Opera for a long time on a recommendation I won't get ads , the type of ads when you open a Browser, such as chrome as I used before upon which a tab with an ad opened without me asking for it but now they problem has started with opera, with a site forluminetor opening a random ad on a new tab, another problem is it's autostart ad process, any help here? Also can anyone suggest me a good browser, which won't trouble me with a gazillion ads?

Thank you

Parthsingh, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Opera 10 in development.

That's good news!

Opera (now free too, bonus) is already the FASTEST browser there is, & has been for quite some time!

Good Equation: Smallest download, smallest code in memory -> largest performance!

For evidence of that, check these 2 often widely referenced tests (multi-OS platform tests too):

Browser speed comparisons

&

Which New Browser Is Best: Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7, or Opera 9? - ExtremeTech

Opera also fully passed the "ACID2" test & the others have not!

Opera started things like tabbed browsing & other features that FireFox/Mozilla & IE just copied later... or, just don't have!

Such as:

• Content blocking
    • BitTorrent support, Widgets
    • Search engine editor
    • Site preferences
    • New installer. One package—30 languages
    • Integrated source viewer
    • opera:config for advanced settings configuration
    • Tab use best: Thumbnails when you hover the cursor over a tab.
    • Integrated email
    • Integrated IRC
    * Opera is also the one w/ the least bugs &/or security holes found, typically year-in & year-out... AND, is fully "extensible" (like FireFox/Mozilla are via their addons) via "widgets" as well!

APK

P.S.=> It has site by site blocking, OR cascading user style sheets (you can use these BOTH for adbanner blocking for instance) as well...

By hand? Well, I do it, & you can really "extend" it for security, to-the-max, @ a browser level ontop of what you may do @ a router/hardware level, NIC settings levels, The OS' IP stack levels via registry hacks/tunes & also Software Firewalls in software &/or HOSTS files usage (from my ramdrive for speed of access)...

BUT, even more, such as Java on/off, JavaScript on/off, Cookies on a site-per-site basis - you name it! Easily GUI configurable!

(and if you want to get "radical" even MORE on an Opera .ini file level for more speed + security as well...)... apk

Alec§taar, Aug 19, 2022
  4. trickson Win User

Opera opening thousands of help tabs

Opera tab question.

Okay I just started to use opera and I like it. In order for me to love it and get rid of Mozilla Fire Fox I would like to have one thing that I can not seem to get with opera that I get with FF. That would be tabs of all my web page links in a tool bar.

This is what I would like to have. In FF they are bookmark links. I really want to get them as it is easier for me.

trickson, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Opera opening thousands of help tabs

1. Opera opening thousands of help tabs - Similar Threads - Opera opening thousands

2. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  3. Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome, Brave, Opera, and Opera GX Unable to open: Hello,I've ran into a strange issue involving google chrome and potentially other browsers as well. At first, after transferring my files, folders, data, etc. To a new SSD I installed, I was still able to use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge without any issues, until one day...
  4. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera opening thousands of help tabs: Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of tabs and my laptop is weak so it's hard to close opera and after when i click on opera gx to open it again it open Microsoft...
  5. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opera opening thousands of help tabs: Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of tabs and my laptop is weak so it's hard to close opera and after when i click on opera gx to open it again it open Microsoft...
  6. opera gx help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opera gx help: this shows up when i open opera gx on my task bar Windows cannot find 'CAUsers\ Ethan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\QuickLaunch\User Pinned\ TaskBar\ Opera GX Browser.Ink'. Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again....
  7. opera gx help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opera gx help: this shows up when i open opera gx on my task bar Windows cannot find 'CAUsers\ Ethan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\QuickLaunch\User Pinned\ TaskBar\ Opera GX Browser.Ink'. Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again....
  8. opera gx help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Firefox Quantum & Opera unresponsive with a few video tabs open

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum & Opera unresponsive with a few video tabs open: Well, Just the past few days, actually since the last Win10 update, every time I have multiple windows open with videos my browsers become unresponsive. Nothing was changed, added or deleted from my settings on both. HP P7-1234 Win10 Home Opera x64 Firefox Quantum x64 I...
  10. cannot open opera

in Browsers and Email
    cannot open opera: my lenovo idea centre is running win 10 , in the last 2 weeks microsoft has been doing updates in this PC, these have not been entirely completed , one item has failed twice to download Feature update to windows 10, version 1803(4) i have used the opera browser for many...