Windows 10: opera problem in win 10

Discus and support opera problem in win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi a problem has popped up in my opera browser ( i use win 10) , i get the message as in the attachment , this started when i was trying to add some... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by donar, Jun 25, 2019.

1. donar Win User

opera problem in win 10

hi a problem has popped up in my opera browser ( i use win 10) , i get the message as in the attachment , this started when i was trying to add some add ons / extensions to my opera browser. i have tried to " disable all protocls check boxes " ( the one i was advised by uncheck was not ticked anyway ).
    they told me to uncheck ALL boxes , should i do that , ALL boxes ? thanks

:)

donar, Jun 25, 2019

2. Opera 10 in development.

That's good news!

Opera (now free too, bonus) is already the FASTEST browser there is, & has been for quite some time!

Good Equation: Smallest download, smallest code in memory -> largest performance!

For evidence of that, check these 2 often widely referenced tests (multi-OS platform tests too):

Browser speed comparisons

&

Which New Browser Is Best: Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7, or Opera 9? - ExtremeTech

Opera also fully passed the "ACID2" test & the others have not!

Opera started things like tabbed browsing & other features that FireFox/Mozilla & IE just copied later... or, just don't have!

Such as:

• Content blocking
    • BitTorrent support, Widgets
    • Search engine editor
    • Site preferences
    • New installer. One package—30 languages
    • Integrated source viewer
    • opera:config for advanced settings configuration
    • Tab use best: Thumbnails when you hover the cursor over a tab.
    • Integrated email
    • Integrated IRC
    * Opera is also the one w/ the least bugs &/or security holes found, typically year-in & year-out... AND, is fully "extensible" (like FireFox/Mozilla are via their addons) via "widgets" as well!

APK

P.S.=> It has site by site blocking, OR cascading user style sheets (you can use these BOTH for adbanner blocking for instance) as well...

By hand? Well, I do it, & you can really "extend" it for security, to-the-max, @ a browser level ontop of what you may do @ a router/hardware level, NIC settings levels, The OS' IP stack levels via registry hacks/tunes & also Software Firewalls in software &/or HOSTS files usage (from my ramdrive for speed of access)...

BUT, even more, such as Java on/off, JavaScript on/off, Cookies on a site-per-site basis - you name it! Easily GUI configurable!

(and if you want to get "radical" even MORE on an Opera .ini file level for more speed + security as well...)... apk

Alec§taar, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Win 10 will not UNINSTALL program Opera browser...

...and Win 10 will not open Opera browser via desktop icon, taskbar icon nor the new gray search bar at lower left of desktop page. If Opera browser (like Google browser) is NOT compatible with Win 10, then I'd at least like to uninstall Opera browser
    from my programs list. Possible? Or just too bad and my tough luck? I'm hoping to not choose between buying a Mac OR settling for a HOG browser like Edge. This is a huge & costly disappointment for me and my work.

RJDickerson, Jun 25, 2019
  4. alexp999 Win User

opera problem in win 10

Choose speed, productivity and innovation with Opera 9.6

Opera Software today launched Opera 9.6, the newest version of Opera’s award-winning Web browser. Opera 9.6 enhances the performance and flexibility of Opera’s built-in e-mail client, while adding new features to Opera’s free browser-synchronization service, Opera Link. Opera 9.6 is available as a free download from Opera.com

What’s new in Opera 9.6
    • Expanded Opera Link
    Opera lets you take your favorite search engines and the browser history you enter wherever you go. Opera Link also synchronizes notes taken in your Opera browser, your bookmarks, Speed Dial and personal bar.
    • Optimized Opera Mail
    Stuck with a slow connection? Our built-in e-mail client, Opera Mail, now includes “low-bandwidth mode” to retrieve mails even faster when bandwidth is limited.
    • Prioritized e-mail
    Opera Mail has two new ways to manage e-mail conversations. Keep an eye on important threads and contacts by following them, or ignore less important threads and contacts with a single click.
    • Increased speed:
    Opera 9.6 improves the quick responsiveness and page loading of Opera 9.5.
    • Previewed feeds
    Look before you feed. Now you can see an RSS feed’s content before subscribing to it or even bookmarking it. Opera gives you a clean, multi-column preview for each RSS feed so you know what to expect before you subscribe.
    • Improved fluency
    Opera is pleased to add support for Indonesian, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil languages.

“We believe in making the Web available for people everywhere,” said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera Software. “The people who use Opera need it to adapt to their needs and we’re proud to continue that tradition today. Our improved e-mail client is now the ideal communication tool. Opera Link gives you more flexibility to take your personal browsing identity with you to any computer. The new Opera 9.6 gives more people around the world new reasons to choose Opera.”

Of course, Opera 9.6 includes many features Opera users have already come to know and love. Speed Dial gives you one-click access to your favorite sites. Take notes as you browse, and connect them to the page you’re browsing. Save and restore browsing sessions after you close the browser and never lose a Web site or e-mail if you accidentally close a tab. Surf with ease, thanks to mouse gestures. All these features and many others bring a fresh approach to browsing the Web in Opera 9.6.

Availability
    Opera 9.6 is available for Linux, Mac and Windows computers and ships in more than 38 languages. Opera is free from Opera.com

Source: Opera

alexp999, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

opera problem in win 10

1. opera problem in win 10 - Similar Threads - opera problem

2. Problem's with Windows Upgrade not integrating downloaded upgrade and freezing of Opera...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem's with Windows Upgrade not integrating downloaded upgrade and freezing of Opera...: What to do, when i, on Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium, download important updates from/on Windows Update, and then after restarting laptop, when seen updates, that upgrade didn't been successful, or successfully updated in windows sistem, so what do i need to know mostly error...
  3. Problem's with Windows Upgrade not integrating downloaded upgrade and freezing of Opera...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem's with Windows Upgrade not integrating downloaded upgrade and freezing of Opera...: What to do, when i, on Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium, download important updates from/on Windows Update, and then after restarting laptop, when seen updates, that upgrade didn't been successful, or successfully updated in windows sistem, so what do i need to know mostly error...
  4. my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...: my laptop is lenovo core i5, 8gb ram, my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very slow on my windows 10, they can not keep up with my typing and unresponsive, i tried to reset my windows 10 and it is failed to solve the problem...
  5. my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...: my laptop is lenovo core i5, 8gb ram, my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very slow on my windows 10, they can not keep up with my typing and unresponsive, i tried to reset my windows 10 and it is failed to solve the problem...
  6. my problem is that all of my internet browsers edge,opera and chrome are lagging and very...

7. Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera)

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera): I have problems in all chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, etc...) with downloads of program install files being corrupt. If I download same installation files in Tor Browser or Mozilla Firefox I have no issue. Issue started after latest Windows...
  8. Problem with Opera browser

Problem with Opera browser: A version of the Opera browser has been working okay in a Debian Jessie system for about 9 months. Suddenly certain features no longer work :- (1) Can't open attachments in emails, especially PDF attachments. (2) Can't use ALT-P to clear cache/cookies Can anyone explain...
  9. VPN Opera problem

in Browsers and Email
    VPN Opera problem: I've used Norway's Opera VPN for ages with no problems, however when I recently tried to watch a particular Norwegian programme it kept saying not available to viewers outside Norway which seems odd despite having tried all the on line suggestions how to resolve it. Anyone...
  10. opera problem in winn 10

in Windows 10 Support
    opera problem in winn 10: hi a problem has popped up in my opera browser ( i use win 10) , i get the message as in the attachment , this started when i was trying to add some add ons / extensions to my opera browser. i have tried to " disable all protocls check boxes " ( the one i was advised by...