Windows 10: Opera, then IE now FF

Discus and support Opera, then IE now FF in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Opera was doing some crazy things to my web viewing and wondered if it was clashing with some Win 10 upgrade, so I changed to IE and Facebook looked... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Dec 6, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Opera, then IE now FF

Opera was doing some crazy things to my web viewing and wondered if it was clashing with some Win 10 upgrade, so I changed to IE and Facebook looked like it had the sunday morning shakes after a night in the pub. And web sites were temp locking them jumping back to life, so I switched to the latest FF, a software I kept out through past experiences, so far so good, it solid and very smooth ........................... fingers crossed. *Rolleyes

:)

elbmek, Dec 6, 2017

2. Unstable Internet Explorer anytime another browser is open

Just a curious question.

Using IE10 with the O/S Windows 10.

Whenever I have IE open and another browser open (FF, Chrome, Opera, etc.) IE is unwieldy. It's sluggish, slows down, stalls, and impossible to scroll through screens. But if I close out the other browser,
    IE acts more stable.

Is this my imagination, or is the browser that poor in performance?

Original title:
    Unstable Internet Explorer 10?

liannawright, Dec 6, 2017
  3. you'll need a new app to open this mhtml

Many thanks for your reply. I just changed my default browser to MS Edge, same result. Then I tried IE and the hyperlinks now open OK but in IE only.

Here's the catch. While FF is my normal default browser .mhtml files are defaulted to IE so I can't explain why MS Word would try to open an .mhtml file with FF and not IE. While I've managed to open the hyperlinks in Word on IE by changing my default
    browser that is not really a solution since I want FF to be my default browser.

So two questions, if i may:

1. .mhtml is hardcoded by Win10 to be opened with IE. Can I change that somehow to FF (as it used to be in Win7 & 8)?

2. Failing that, how can I make MS Word 2007 open .mhtml files in IE while IE is NOT my default browser?

This second solution would be *acceptable*. What is not acceptable is that I have to choose between having FF as my default browser or opening .mhtml hyperlinks correctly.

Many thanks again.

HECTORDUARTE11, Dec 6, 2017
Thema:

Opera, then IE now FF

1. Opera, then IE now FF - Similar Threads - Opera

2. Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63?: Yesterday, I uninstalled Opera 64 beta and did a clean install of public version 63, then copying in the previous profile folder, which among other things set Opera again as the default browser. Since then, every (first) time I open another program, from MS Office programs, a...
  3. How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Good secure, updated Browsers are the key to remaining safe online when browsing the web. While most modern browsers are set to update automatically, today in this post, we will see how you can manually update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and [...] This post How...
  4. Opera's vpn suddenly stopped working

in Browsers and Email
    Opera's vpn suddenly stopped working: Opera's VPN suddenly stopped working this morning so uninstalled and reinstalled but still no good. Never had the problem before so any help much appreciated thanks....*Smile 138931
  5. Opera override

in Browsers and Email
    Opera override: What is this opera crap? Every time I try to get to Amazon, it shows up and overrides everything else on my monitor. How do I get rid of it? 137111
  6. Opera override

in Windows 10 Support
    Opera override: What is this opera crap? Every time I try to get to Amazon, it shows up and overrides everything else on my monitor. How do I get rid of it? 137111
  7. opera problem in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    opera problem in win 10: hi a problem has popped up in my opera browser ( i use win 10) , i get the message as in the attachment , this started when i was trying to add some add ons / extensions to my opera browser. i have tried to " disable all protocls check boxes " ( the one i was advised by...
  8. opera problem in winn 10

in Windows 10 Support
    opera problem in winn 10: hi a problem has popped up in my opera browser ( i use win 10) , i get the message as in the attachment , this started when i was trying to add some add ons / extensions to my opera browser. i have tried to " disable all protocls check boxes " ( the one i was advised by...
  9. Opera announces first gaming browser - Opera GX

in Windows 10 News
    Opera announces first gaming browser - Opera GX: Uv-jwjKxZsk 0UeXgHVjCOA The new PC browser lets gamers control their computer’s CPU and memory usage to make their gaming and streaming smoother. It also features Twitch integration and numerous customization options. Los Angeles, California/ Oslo, Norway –There are...
  10. Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser: My Opera browser started getting this totally annoying Amazon Assistant pop-up in any Amazon page that looks like some promotion that can't be disabled. Am I the only one getting this? Maybe a browser virus? 133189