Windows 10: Opera, then IE now FF

Discus and support Opera, then IE now FF in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Opera was doing some crazy things to my web viewing and wondered if it was clashing with some Win 10 upgrade, so I changed to IE and Facebook looked... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Dec 6, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Opera, then IE now FF

Opera was doing some crazy things to my web viewing and wondered if it was clashing with some Win 10 upgrade, so I changed to IE and Facebook looked like it had the sunday morning shakes after a night in the pub. And web sites were temp locking them jumping back to life, so I switched to the latest FF, a software I kept out through past experiences, so far so good, it solid and very smooth ........................... fingers crossed. *Rolleyes

:)

elbmek, Dec 6, 2017

2. Unstable Internet Explorer anytime another browser is open

Just a curious question.

Using IE10 with the O/S Windows 10.

Whenever I have IE open and another browser open (FF, Chrome, Opera, etc.) IE is unwieldy. It's sluggish, slows down, stalls, and impossible to scroll through screens. But if I close out the other browser,
    IE acts more stable.

Is this my imagination, or is the browser that poor in performance?

Original title:
    Unstable Internet Explorer 10?

liannawright, Dec 6, 2017
  3. you'll need a new app to open this mhtml

Many thanks for your reply. I just changed my default browser to MS Edge, same result. Then I tried IE and the hyperlinks now open OK but in IE only.

Here's the catch. While FF is my normal default browser .mhtml files are defaulted to IE so I can't explain why MS Word would try to open an .mhtml file with FF and not IE. While I've managed to open the hyperlinks in Word on IE by changing my default
    browser that is not really a solution since I want FF to be my default browser.

So two questions, if i may:

1. .mhtml is hardcoded by Win10 to be opened with IE. Can I change that somehow to FF (as it used to be in Win7 & 8)?

2. Failing that, how can I make MS Word 2007 open .mhtml files in IE while IE is NOT my default browser?

This second solution would be *acceptable*. What is not acceptable is that I have to choose between having FF as my default browser or opening .mhtml hyperlinks correctly.

Many thanks again.

HECTORDUARTE11, Dec 6, 2017
Thema:

Opera, then IE now FF

1. Opera, then IE now FF - Similar Threads - Opera

2. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  3. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...: Its only inverted colors on opera gx, when I open roblox on google its not inverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-problem-so/639dc5ba-764c-4936-b0bb-9a1aaeade63b
  4. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so everytime i open roblox only on opera gx it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  6. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  7. How can Windows 10 be so monopolistic? I can't even select Opera Mail as a default email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can Windows 10 be so monopolistic? I can't even select Opera Mail as a default email...: It won't let me scan my computer and CHOOSE what program I want for default. Opera Mail is not anywhere in the list of installed apps. I've looked everywhere. Strange how choice is taken away from us year by year. Is there any way of overriding this horrible design? I've had...
  8. How can Windows 10 be so monopolistic? I can't even select Opera Mail as a default email...

How can Windows 10 be so monopolistic? I can't even select Opera Mail as a default email...: It won't let me scan my computer and CHOOSE what program I want for default. Opera Mail is not anywhere in the list of installed apps. I've looked everywhere. Strange how choice is taken away from us year by year. Is there any way of overriding this horrible design? I've had...
  9. Regarding opera 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding opera 1: Hello, I recently tried to download opera 1 but it said it couldn't download for some reason here is one of the error pop ups i got the other error pop ups are in the opera 1 installing thingy i do not know why this is happening and i don't know why microsoft still didn't put...
  10. Regarding opera 1

Regarding opera 1: Hello, I recently tried to download opera 1 but it said it couldn't download for some reason here is one of the error pop ups i got the other error pop ups are in the opera 1 installing thingy i do not know why this is happening and i don't know why microsoft still didn't put...