Windows 10: Opera’s PC web browser to feature a built in crypto wallet

Discus and support Opera’s PC web browser to feature a built in crypto wallet in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Opera today announced that it is working on bringing its famous crypto wallet to its web browser on PCs. The crypto wallet is currently available on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 10, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Opera’s PC web browser to feature a built in crypto wallet

Opera today announced that it is working on bringing its famous crypto wallet to its web browser on PCs. The crypto wallet is currently available on the Opera app for Android mobile web browser.

The company is expected to introduce the built in crypto wallet for its PC web browser in an upcoming Opera update for PC users. With the introduction of crypto wallet to the PC web browser, Opera plans to become the world’s first web browser with a built in crypto wallet.

The crypto wallet allows users to be able to enjoy seamless transactions on the Internet while promoting the adoption of crypto currencies. The built in crypto wallet will utilize the already available mobile app and allow users to purchase things on their desktop and comp;ete the purchases through their smartphone without any hassles.

“By adding a crypto wallet directly into the browser, we removed the need for complex extensions or separate apps,” said Charles Hamel, Product Lead of Opera Crypto. “Opening up the PC browser to crypto marks Opera’s second step towards making cryptocurrencies and Web 3.0 mainstream.”

Once the build in crypto wallet is made available, the users will have to connect the Opera PC web browser to a crypto wallet enabled on an Android Opera browser and scan a QR code.

If users sign in the transactions using their fingerprints then the prints will remain stored on the mobile phones which are protected by the two factor authentication and fingerprint scanning methods.

Opera will also allow users to browser Web 3.0 websites along with letting them use Dapps on their PCs. For our users knowledge Dapps are Ethereum decentralized apps.

Currently Opera plans to provide the web browser for desktops with the support of Ethereum blockchain based cryptocurrency before including the support of other popular cryptocurrencies.

The post Opera’s PC web browser to feature a built in crypto wallet appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Castiel Win User

Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Opera Neon new concept browser is born

Source: Say hello to Opera Neon, our new concept browser - Opera Desktop

Brink, Aug 10, 2018
  4. alexp999 Win User

Choose speed, productivity and innovation with Opera 9.6

Opera Software today launched Opera 9.6, the newest version of Opera’s award-winning Web browser. Opera 9.6 enhances the performance and flexibility of Opera’s built-in e-mail client, while adding new features to Opera’s free browser-synchronization service, Opera Link. Opera 9.6 is available as a free download from Opera.com

What’s new in Opera 9.6
    • Expanded Opera Link
    Opera lets you take your favorite search engines and the browser history you enter wherever you go. Opera Link also synchronizes notes taken in your Opera browser, your bookmarks, Speed Dial and personal bar.
    • Optimized Opera Mail
    Stuck with a slow connection? Our built-in e-mail client, Opera Mail, now includes “low-bandwidth mode” to retrieve mails even faster when bandwidth is limited.
    • Prioritized e-mail
    Opera Mail has two new ways to manage e-mail conversations. Keep an eye on important threads and contacts by following them, or ignore less important threads and contacts with a single click.
    • Increased speed:
    Opera 9.6 improves the quick responsiveness and page loading of Opera 9.5.
    • Previewed feeds
    Look before you feed. Now you can see an RSS feed’s content before subscribing to it or even bookmarking it. Opera gives you a clean, multi-column preview for each RSS feed so you know what to expect before you subscribe.
    • Improved fluency
    Opera is pleased to add support for Indonesian, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil languages.

“We believe in making the Web available for people everywhere,” said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera Software. “The people who use Opera need it to adapt to their needs and we’re proud to continue that tradition today. Our improved e-mail client is now the ideal communication tool. Opera Link gives you more flexibility to take your personal browsing identity with you to any computer. The new Opera 9.6 gives more people around the world new reasons to choose Opera.”

Of course, Opera 9.6 includes many features Opera users have already come to know and love. Speed Dial gives you one-click access to your favorite sites. Take notes as you browse, and connect them to the page you’re browsing. Save and restore browsing sessions after you close the browser and never lose a Web site or e-mail if you accidentally close a tab. Surf with ease, thanks to mouse gestures. All these features and many others bring a fresh approach to browsing the Web in Opera 9.6.

Availability
    Opera 9.6 is available for Linux, Mac and Windows computers and ships in more than 38 languages. Opera is free from Opera.com

Source: Opera

alexp999, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Opera’s PC web browser to feature a built in crypto wallet - Similar Threads - Opera’s web browser

2. Opera gx browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera gx browser: For some reason whenever i download or am about to download a file the opera window turns red in my task bar even when the download is sucsessful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-gx-browser/137d2a91-13f1-4bbf-9408-4ac0eed92c88
  3. Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera: Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera? I have been using Opera since I bought my computer. Why is Windows labeling it as UNSAFE?...
  4. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  5. Opera GX Browser Blocked By Family Features

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Opera GX Browser Blocked By Family Features: Hello MS community! I have downloaded the Opera GX browser from opera.com, and I cannot use it because of MS family. How do I disable this or how do my parents allow it? My parents can give me certain amounts of time but no completely allow it. I am so frustrated at the...
  6. Opera and web bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opera and web bar: I accidentally installed opera and it will not uninstall. It asks if it can make changes to the device but no matter what I click nothing happens. I also have an internet explorer web bar at the top of my screen and can’t get rid of it. Please help. submitted by...
  7. Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions: Opera has been regularly working on introducing new features for its Chromium based Opera web browser. The company is now working on two new versions of its browser, Opera 55 and Opera 56. The Opera 55 version of the web browser is now in beta testing phase and the company...
  8. Enable and Use Free Built-in VPN in Opera browser

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable and Use Free Built-in VPN in Opera browser: How to: Enable and Use Free Built-in VPN in Opera browser How to Enable and Use Free Built-in VPN in Opera browser Opera is the first and still only major browser that integrates a free, unlimited VPN (Virtual Private Network) service, allowing you to focus on the...
  9. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app: For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working with Microsoft Edge not other web browser. I am not sure how can I make Opera as default and rather use this not Microsoft...
  10. Opera web browser is Reborn

in Windows 10 News
    Opera web browser is Reborn: Over the last year, we have introduced a series of new features such as free VPN and native ad blocking. Earlier this year we also presented Opera Neon, a concept browser that gave you a glimpse into the future of desktop browsers. Now, the best parts of Neon are being...