Windows 10: Operating System Denied Access To Specified File

Discus and support Operating System Denied Access To Specified File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings! A co-worker of mine is having trouble with opening file attachments in Quickbooks on they're laptop (I'm in IT, so I'm asking on they're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jellytoad3, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Operating System Denied Access To Specified File

Greetings!

A co-worker of mine is having trouble with opening file attachments in Quickbooks on they're laptop (I'm in IT, so I'm asking on they're behalf). It seems to be a Windows OS problem as opposed to a Quickbooks problem, which is why I'm posting my question here. So the company runs off of a local network. We attach files in Quickbooks to each transaction (like an invoice for instance) so they can be accessed later more easily (these files are stored in a local server space/unit). My co-worker originally was using a company computer, but is now using they're Windows 10 laptop to do they're work. But now when they try to open an attached file in QB, it give this message: "Failed to open file: \\PWP-...88538.pdf", "the operating system denied access to the specified file" (I put in the ellipses for security reasons). They can go into the local server where the file is stored and open it up manually, but they can't open up any attachments in Quickbooks without this error. This wasn't a problem with the company computers, but is a problem with my co-workers laptop.

If it helps, they're Quickbooks version is:

Quickbooks Desktop: Premier Retail Edition 2017 (version R14_24).

And they're version of Windows 10 is:

Windows 10 Home

Version 1903

O.S. Build 18362.418

I wasn't sure if anyone has run into this sort of problem using other programs and files other than Quickbooks.

Thank you in advanced for the help!

:)

Jellytoad3, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Composer Win User

File access denied to many files

Since Upgrading to Windows 10, I am now experiencing problems accessing many files?

How can I gain access to ALL my files?

Can this be done in one operation, easily, or is it difficult?

Step by Step instructions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Composer, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    [Question] Delete files with denied access with batch scripts

'Access denied' may be because the file is open. Another cause of 'access denied' can be ownership and/or permissions. If it is permissions, try running the script as administrator.

By the way, you don't put a space between the '/' and the option letter, and the /A option on its own like that does nothing. It is for selecting files by attribute and should be followed by a colon and list of attributes, eg. /A:RSH

The SYSTAG.BIN file is usually created by Aomei Backupper and that may have the file open.

what is systag.bin? — AOMEI Forum

4. Operating System Denied Access To Specified File

Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Operating System Denied Access To Specified File

1. Operating System Denied Access To Specified File - Similar Threads - Operating System Denied

2. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  3. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  4. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.: What does, "The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. " mean?The HDD seems OK.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3803] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\david>chkdsk D: The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. Volume label...
  5. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.: What does, "The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. " mean?The HDD seems OK.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3803] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\david>chkdsk D: The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. Volume label...
  6. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  8. Access denied to system disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied to system disk: Hello! I have a trouble. I've denied access to system disk for all users and even administrator in properties. And now i can't see owner, i can't allow access back. I've tried all things, and troubleshooting(Safe mode with Command Prompt). Even if I administrator can't...
  9. Access denied to folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to folders and files: Runnin win 10 since 2 weeks. Trying to copy all files from external HD to new second internal HD. some files copied no problem, other files and folders will either not copy (administrator rights) or are outright "access denied". All are films, no programs. I got full...
  10. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590