Windows 10: OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUE NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND

Discus and support OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUE NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Firstly I have both SSD and HDD in my laptop. And OS windows 10 is installed in SSD. If I remove the HDD and start my laptop it says NO BOOTABLE DEVICE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ramyabhichelmeta, Sep 13, 2020.

1. OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUE NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND

Firstly I have both SSD and HDD in my laptop. And OS windows 10 is installed in SSD. If I remove the HDD and start my laptop it says NO BOOTABLE DEVICE but the SSD is still intact in which OS is installed. What could be the reason behind this and can I fix it.

:)

Ramyabhichelmeta, Sep 13, 2020

2. need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Error: " Internal no bootable devices" while trying to install Windows 10 operating system

Hi Franklin,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in installing the Windows 10 operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

You would receive the error “No bootable device” when the computer is not recognizing the hard drive on the computer. It might be due to a faulty or corrupt hardware and also due to faulty software.

Follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUE NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUE NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND

1. OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUE NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND - Similar Threads - OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUE

2. No bootable device found issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bootable device found issue: My HP laptop had Windows installed in it's hard disk. It had a SSD slot so i added a SSD and installed Windows in the SSD. The HDD was formatted. Now when I turn my PC on sometimes it boots into Windows, sometimes it says no boot device found. I tried to find a solution on...
  3. No bootable device found issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No bootable device found issue: My HP laptop had Windows installed in it's hard disk. It had a SSD slot so i added a SSD and installed Windows in the SSD. The HDD was formatted. Now when I turn my PC on sometimes it boots into Windows, sometimes it says no boot device found. I tried to find a solution on...
  4. No bootable device found issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No bootable devices found: Hi all, I’ve been using my dell g3 3579 for a couple of years now and I recently faced this issue.. My laptop was pre installed with windows 10 and I had recently upgraded to windows 11. By default, windows had come pre installed on the ssd.. I force shut down my laptop...
  6. No bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No bootable devices found: Hi all, I’ve been using my dell g3 3579 for a couple of years now and I recently faced this issue.. My laptop was pre installed with windows 10 and I had recently upgraded to windows 11. By default, windows had come pre installed on the ssd.. I force shut down my laptop...
  7. Operating system not found - DVD Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Operating system not found - DVD Issue: Hi, I'm trying to use an older laptop, but I'm getting a "Operating system not found" error message when I try to use the DVD. In fact I can't even seem to read from it using an old Linux distro that was on it. I've tried replacing with other DVD drives that I know work, but...
  8. No bootable device found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No bootable device found: I've been using my laptop for a while. My hard drive got corrupted a month back so i decided to add an m.2 ssd and install windows on that. I had left my hard drive in with the installation. Yesterday i got my hands on a 2.5 inch ssd so i decided to replace my hard drive with...
  9. no bootable device found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no bootable device found: Hi, Because of a virus I hard reseted my DELL XPS 15 9550 with the SupportAssist tool Unfortunately it said the error: *no bootable device found* after making a boot USB stick with another computer and using it as a bootable device there were no differences! please tell me...
  10. Boot device not found operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot device not found operating system: Tried everything HP told me...nothing works..Boot Device Not Found Please install an operating system on your hard disk Hard Disk- 3FO F2- System Diagnostics For more information, please visit http://www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup...