Windows 10: Operating System Not Found Error Message

Discus and support Operating System Not Found Error Message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cloned my drive and installed a new SSD as the old drive was full. All working really well except windows very slow to bootup >5 mins but working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IanW63, Jan 12, 2021.

1. IanW63 Win User

Operating System Not Found Error Message

I cloned my drive and installed a new SSD as the old drive was full. All working really well except windows very slow to bootup >5 mins but working well once running. Thinking the cloning had not worked fully I ran the media creation tool via usb which on reflection was not a good idea. It crashed my PC which will now not bootup and all I get is the OS not found error message. My wired keyboard is completely dead so I cannot tell it to boot from USB. Any help in resolving would be greatly appreciated but please use layman's language.

:)

IanW63, Jan 12, 2021

2. Error loading operating system

Hi,

Error loading operating system error message can occur if there is still no operating system installed on your PC. In this case, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this forum article created by Andre Da Costa on May 21, 2017:

How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jan 12, 2021
  3. n2bn2b Win User
    Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Operating System Not Found Error Message

The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Operating System Not Found Error Message

1. Operating System Not Found Error Message - Similar Threads - Operating System Found

2. An operating system was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An operating system was not found: Hello Yesterday I turned on my computer , turned it off , tried to boot from an external hard drive with windows 7 installed I was gonna check if it works and turned out it was crashingI was gonna format it using diskpart ,when again turned on my computer with the external...
  3. Operating System not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System not found: Hello everyone,So I recently got a new computerno cd slots installed with windows 8.1 ProI know kind of backwards.Well the other day I noticed that one of my drive partitions was not there like I could not see it. The drive that I have is a 128gb SSD with two partitions and I...
  4. Error 1962: No operating system found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1962: No operating system found: Hi, So My Lenovo Desktop was running weird so I tried resetting it and when it did i had the blue screen of dead and did try to install windows 10 with a USB but out of no where it started to give me the Error 1962, but when i had the USB plugged in i tried installing the...
  5. Operating system not found error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Operating system not found error: My pc was perfectly fine the day before but when ı opened it yesterday,”operating system not found” line came. I checked the bios and in the boot section there is not anything that says harddisc cant be found. So does that mean the problem is not with the harddisc ? What...
  6. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No operating system found: I installed Ubuntu on a USB SSD some time ago, and then to make use of the SSD I later on formatted it, and put it directly in my system. At the time I didn't know that it wasn't the right way of doing it, and so my PC entered grub rescue mode every time the SSD was detected....
  7. Error message 1962, No operating system found.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message 1962, No operating system found.: I have a Lenovo Vantage with Windows 10 home edition. Two days ago it started to freeze up on me off and on and then it just went to a black screen with the error message 1962, No operating system found. I have turned it on and when the Lenovo logo appears I hit F12 and all...
  8. OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND: I purchased a new Acer laptop from the microsoft store a couple years ago. a virus got into my system and totally decimated my system. Now when i try to use my unit,i get a "operating system not found" message. What steps do i need to take to get this thing working again?...
  9. No Operating System Found message on restart issue

in Windows 10 Support
    No Operating System Found message on restart issue: Greetings, I just did an upgrade from W7 HP to W10 Home and as I was doing some setting the new system up, I needed to do a restart. During the bootup sequence, the process stopped and I get the message of "No operating system found" which surprised me somewhat as this was...
  10. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating system not found: I have Sony Vaio I7, 8Gb memory. I do not have OS backup disk. I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 and then to 10. It has been running great. No problems. Use Kaspersky Internet Security. I shut down computer normally this morning. I powered back on this evening and there was a frown...