Windows 10: Operating system not found error

Discus and support Operating system not found error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My pc was perfectly fine the day before but when ı opened it yesterday,”operating system not found” line came. I checked the bios and in the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lidaa_1, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Lidaa_1 Win User

Operating system not found error

My pc was perfectly fine the day before but when ı opened it yesterday,”operating system not found” line came.
    I checked the bios and in the boot section there is not anything that says harddisc cant be found.

So does that mean the problem is not with the harddisc ? What should I do ?

The product is Sony Vaio VPCF23S1E

please help

:)

Lidaa_1, Dec 10, 2020

2. Error Loading operating system

I'm getting the BIOS System Configuration screen and at the very end

searching for Boot Record from IDE-0..OK
    Error Loading operating system

What can I do to make it boot?

doradeno2003, Dec 10, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Operating system not found error

Error loading operating system

Hi,

Error loading operating system error message can occur if there is still no operating system installed on your PC. In this case, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this forum article created by Andre Da Costa on May 21, 2017:

How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Operating system not found error

1. Operating system not found error - Similar Threads - Operating system found

2. An operating system was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An operating system was not found: Hello Yesterday I turned on my computer , turned it off , tried to boot from an external hard drive with windows 7 installed I was gonna check if it works and turned out it was crashingI was gonna format it using diskpart ,when again turned on my computer with the external...
  3. Operating System not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System not found: Hello everyone,So I recently got a new computerno cd slots installed with windows 8.1 ProI know kind of backwards.Well the other day I noticed that one of my drive partitions was not there like I could not see it. The drive that I have is a 128gb SSD with two partitions and I...
  4. No operating system found?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No operating system found?: PC worked fine 5 hours ago. Go to turn it in, and I get the error “No operating system found, ctrl + alt + del to restart” Any solutions? submitted by /u/Croohk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcc0e4/no_operating_system_found/
  5. Error 1962: No operating system found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1962: No operating system found: Hi, So My Lenovo Desktop was running weird so I tried resetting it and when it did i had the blue screen of dead and did try to install windows 10 with a USB but out of no where it started to give me the Error 1962, but when i had the USB plugged in i tried installing the...
  6. Operating System Not Found Error Message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating System Not Found Error Message: I cloned my drive and installed a new SSD as the old drive was full. All working really well except windows very slow to bootup >5 mins but working well once running. Thinking the cloning had not worked fully I ran the media creation tool via usb which on reflection was not a...
  7. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No operating system found: I installed Ubuntu on a USB SSD some time ago, and then to make use of the SSD I later on formatted it, and put it directly in my system. At the time I didn't know that it wasn't the right way of doing it, and so my PC entered grub rescue mode every time the SSD was detected....
  8. OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND: I purchased a new Acer laptop from the microsoft store a couple years ago. a virus got into my system and totally decimated my system. Now when i try to use my unit,i get a "operating system not found" message. What steps do i need to take to get this thing working again?...
  9. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No operating system found: While trying to add unallocated space to a F partition on a dual boot Win10 and win7 HP Probook I inadvertantly clicked activate partition during the move the Unallocated to the right of the partition I wanted to add it to and was instructed to reboot to complete the move....
  10. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating system not found: I have Sony Vaio I7, 8Gb memory. I do not have OS backup disk. I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 and then to 10. It has been running great. No problems. Use Kaspersky Internet Security. I shut down computer normally this morning. I powered back on this evening and there was a frown...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix an operating system was not found error of pc