Windows 10: operating system not found on inspiron 7720

Discus and support operating system not found on inspiron 7720 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys, First of all i would like to apology for my english wich won't be good i think since i am French and not English speaking native. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by grove, Mar 30, 2016.

1. grove Win User

operating system not found on inspiron 7720

Hello guys,

First of all i would like to apology for my english wich won't be good i think since i am French and not English speaking native.

My Laptop is Dell Inspiron 7720 and i had Windows 10 working on it.

When a tried to reboot my laptop into "factory fresh start" using the windows 10 recovery system it worked properly.
    After the process i used ccleaner to clean all the previous data (i don't know if it's important to mention).
    After my first restart i was in windows 10 recovery system where i tried to "factory fresh start" again since it told me that "an error occur during the starting process" but this time i chose "clean also all the hdd drives" but it took too long (40 minutes for just 1%).

So i turned off my computer and since then, it can't load windows with only the dell logo on my black screen (sometimes with a loop of quick analysing stuff) and when i try to boot from bios with every possible option (alt F2 and alt F12) it continuously tells me in a black screen "operating system not found".

Do i have any way to fix it?

Ater some research on other websites maybe i can load a flash drive on my usb?

Thank you for reading this and again sorry for all my mistakes in my writing.

:)

grove, Mar 30, 2016
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

BSOD with Nvidia driver

You should completely uninstall AVG TUU (Tune Up Utilities). As this is a laptop, I would suggest that you uninstall the generic NVidia display driver and install the dell 2015
    (less than 1yr old) system specific NVidia driver.

Note: Confirm that I have linked the correct system before proceeding.

nVIDIA GeForce GT 630M/640M/650M/740M/830M and GTX 850M/950M/960M Graphics Driver.

nVIDIA GeForce GT 630M/640M/650M/740M/830M and GTX 850M/950M/960M Graphics Driver | Dell Deutschland

Your system....

Inspiron 17R SE 7720.

Support für Inspiron 17R SE 7720 | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

XP ROCKS., Mar 30, 2016
  3. NoeNunez Win User
    "Your organization used Windows Defender Application Control to block this app"

Hello thank you for the response,

Unfortunately, I am unable to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS. Dell has locked certain features for Inspiron 7720 models.

NoeNunez, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Sounds like you either managed to wipe the drive boot partition when you turned off the laptop mid scan OR you damaged your drive by doing so...Hopefully the former.

You might want to try booting into a flash drive containing Windows 10 install media using the media creation tool to create a bootable USB flash drive or DVD disk..

Windows 10

• Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • In the ‘Windows setup’page, select thelanguage to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
    • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Wullail, Mar 30, 2016
  5. grove Win User
    Thank you again your quick answer.

The thing is, as i said i don't have any cd installation i just have an usb key where i can maybe download what you mention.

So where can i find this bios please?

grove, Mar 30, 2016
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Bonjour, Grove, bienvenue Tenforums.

If you have a computer you can download with, follow this link ( I guess you will want the French version) :

Windows 10

and follow instructions for USB.

Fafhrd, Mar 30, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

In addition - once you've installed Windows, download MACRIUM FREE and take an image (Backup) of your system.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 30, 2016
  8. grove Win User

OK so i went into a professionnal to repair it and since all the recovery system of windows 10 was broken (apparently since the second reboot) and since windows 8 (the original software from factury) was deleted he just installed a crack copy of windows 7 (from a cd) with a real and working key and then he upgraded it into windows 10.

I paid 60 euros for it i hope it is fair.

Thank you anyway for all your comments and i will use ur tip jimbo

cheers *Smile

grove, Mar 30, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would make sure your Windows 10 license is valid now. From an elevated ("run as administor") command prompt - which you can get to by right clicking on the start icon, run:

slmgr /dlv

Post the result Window back here and we can tell you if you are now legit or not. There is nothing uniquely identifying in the results so you don't have to blank anything out.

What you want to see in the results is RETAIL channel activation. If you see anything about MAK or KMS then your Windows 10 license is pirated and you're in for future problems.

Since you had Windows 10 on the computer before, from an upgrade, there was no need for the "professional" to put a "crack copy of Windows 7" on the computer. It should have been just a clean install of Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Mar 30, 2016
  10. Fafhrd Win User
    Superfly's Showkey may show the key from the Windows 7 that was used too.

There may be the Windows 8 OEM key in the UEFI Boot too.

If that was a core edition, then the upgrade to Windows 10 would have been Home, and it thus had a Digital Entitlement. The "professional" did exactly twice as much work as he need have done - Just needed to install Windows 10, of the correct edition.

However the "Crack" 7 was unlikely to be anything but Ultimate, (why bother to crack anything less?) so the version of 10 now is likely to be Pro. It's easy enough ( for "Professionals" and anyone else) to get non-kms windows 7 cracks, indistinguishable from OEM channel versions except by the date of installation, which is one of the features Microsoft uses to discover illegally activated systems.

All Windows10 upgrades downloaded from Microsoft or MCT appear to be retail channel don't they?

Fafhrd, Mar 30, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    If the upgrade was performed from a legitimately activated Windows 7/8/8.1. I've seen Windows 10 upgrades show KMS activation when not legitimate.

NavyLCDR, Mar 30, 2016
  12. Fafhrd Win User
    That would be reflected by the MAK or KMS product key apparent in Showkey or Slmgr /dlv not being one of the retail generic keys that have been active since Build 10240.

But I think you can use a KMS key without needing to perform an upgrade, just install Windows 10 with a KMS key in the pid.txt, and connect to a KMSserver and activate for 180 days - that's the way it works isn't it?

However Windows 7 illegitimately activated with a certain loader using an OEM 7 key would still lead to a retail generic upgrade Windows 10 Key displaying.

You can't tell legit or not.

Fafhrd, Mar 30, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

One thing for sure, though. If grove has a KMS activation now, it is not legit. It's something I would check, given the shady description of the "professional" that installed his Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Mar 31, 2016
  14. Fafhrd Win User
    In the UK we have a colourful soubriquet for "Professionals" - we call them "Cowboys" *Smile

One thing in Grove's favour, it wasn't some anonymous online source for the software, it should be possible to go back to the "Professional" and complain, forearmed with any evidence of illegitimacy and perhaps regain some of the fee paid if persuasive enough, if wished.

Fafhrd, Mar 31, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Since he had Windows 10 installed and activated, why bother with Windows 7 at all? Just clean install the latest Windows 10 via an ISO from Media Creation Tool or downloaded from Tech-bench?

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

1. operating system not found on inspiron 7720 - Similar Threads - operating system found

2. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No operating system found: Found old "floppy disks", maybe 20yrs old. Bought disc reader. Scanned a couple with Defender. One disk I didn't scan had "severe" malware warnings flag up. This was isolated and 2 other infected docs. Performed a full scan 5hrs!, my desktop is from 2010 running fully updated...
  3. An operating system was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An operating system was not found: Hello Yesterday I turned on my computer , turned it off , tried to boot from an external hard drive with windows 7 installed I was gonna check if it works and turned out it was crashingI was gonna format it using diskpart ,when again turned on my computer with the external...
  4. Operating System not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System not found: Hello everyone,So I recently got a new computerno cd slots installed with windows 8.1 ProI know kind of backwards.Well the other day I noticed that one of my drive partitions was not there like I could not see it. The drive that I have is a 128gb SSD with two partitions and I...
  5. No operating system found?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No operating system found?: PC worked fine 5 hours ago. Go to turn it in, and I get the error “No operating system found, ctrl + alt + del to restart” Any solutions? submitted by /u/Croohk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcc0e4/no_operating_system_found/
  6. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No operating system found: I installed Ubuntu on a USB SSD some time ago, and then to make use of the SSD I later on formatted it, and put it directly in my system. At the time I didn't know that it wasn't the right way of doing it, and so my PC entered grub rescue mode every time the SSD was detected....
  7. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating system not found: I need to do a clean install of Windows. No usb and no cd is big enough so i used diskpart and fallowed all the setps but now my pc csnt find the os. Plz plz help AND DO NOT ASK ME TO INSERT OR DO A CLEAN INSTALL. I CAN'T ACCESS IT...
  8. OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND: I purchased a new Acer laptop from the microsoft store a couple years ago. a virus got into my system and totally decimated my system. Now when i try to use my unit,i get a "operating system not found" message. What steps do i need to take to get this thing working again?...
  9. No operating system found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No operating system found: While trying to add unallocated space to a F partition on a dual boot Win10 and win7 HP Probook I inadvertantly clicked activate partition during the move the Unallocated to the right of the partition I wanted to add it to and was instructed to reboot to complete the move....
  10. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating system not found: I have Sony Vaio I7, 8Gb memory. I do not have OS backup disk. I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 and then to 10. It has been running great. No problems. Use Kaspersky Internet Security. I shut down computer normally this morning. I powered back on this evening and there was a frown...