Windows 10: Operating system not found

Discus and support Operating system not found in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Starting the other day, after forgetting to plug in my laptop (Asus x54h), now when I start up I get an error code- 0xc0000521a, with a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Timatoberts, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Operating system not found

Starting the other day, after forgetting to plug in my laptop (Asus x54h), now when I start up I get an error code- 0xc0000521a, with a message that says my pc didn't start correctly and needs to restart. Then I get to the troubleshooting screen, and am able to try and proceed. So far I have run check disk with fix, had no problems. Tried three failed system restores, and two failed resets. Now when I start up, it says no operating system was found. What can I do to fix this on my own?

:)

Timatoberts, Oct 16, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Operating system not found

I love the fact that you are trying to help, iv spent hours on this situation and ny despratality level is so high. You are really being helpfull, but i still neee it solved, iv already tried your sugestion,. To be honeet, i dont know the model number
    but i know its a custom gaming desktop lenovo. It is fan cooled. The bios screen is very different from any other, its called lonovo ez BIOS / UEFI. This computer was givin to me by my grandfather when his brother passed away, i dont really know muxh more
    about it, but its a really good gaming computer, runs really smooth. I can find more info if needed

EthanKovach, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

Operating system not found

1. Operating system not found - Similar Threads - Operating system found

2. An Operating system wasn't found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    An Operating system wasn't found: Welcome, I have a huge problem with my operating system, I cant do anything with him, also I don't know how to fix it, it crashes from day to day with out even beign turn on. Please help me....
  3. An operating system wasn't found.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An operating system wasn't found.: So a few days ago my PC died so my brother gave me his old one that was working fine and running windows 10. He put my old SSD into the new PC so I didn't lose any data. Fast forward to today, I removed my old SSD (It was doing more harm than good staying in, plus I saved all...
  4. Operating System not found, SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating System not found, SSD: Been searching for an answer for some time, but have an issue still not resolved. My son's PC is a self built PC, upgraded to Windows 10 when Win 10 came out. No issues until recently, when the PC started freezing at odd times (night, sleeping, browser on and just sitting...
  5. No Operating System Found (Please Help)

in Windows 10 Support
    No Operating System Found (Please Help): Ok, so a while back when the Windows 10 Upgrade had popped up on my computer, I upgraded with no problem at all. I wanted to do a factory restore in order to clean up my laptop completely, however while updating, the power went out and the computer shut off. Logging back on,...
  6. operating system not found on inspiron 7720

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    operating system not found on inspiron 7720: Hello guys, First of all i would like to apology for my english wich won't be good i think since i am French and not English speaking native. My Laptop is Dell Inspiron 7720 and i had Windows 10 working on it. When a tried to reboot my laptop into "factory fresh...
  7. Operating system not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating system not found: I have Sony Vaio I7, 8Gb memory. I do not have OS backup disk. I upgraded from 8 to 8.1 and then to 10. It has been running great. No problems. Use Kaspersky Internet Security. I shut down computer normally this morning. I powered back on this evening and there was a frown...
  8. Operating System Not Found

in Windows 10 Support
    Operating System Not Found: Hi, my Acer Aspire One was upgraded to Windows 10. Eventually, I ran into some issues with the start menu not popping up, so I decided to run a clean reset of Windows 10. The reset failed, so I turned off the notebook. When I turned it back on, the message "An operating...
  9. An operating system wasn't found?

in Windows 10 Support
    An operating system wasn't found?: So I was having trouble with my laptop (slow boot and restart etc) and decided to do a reset. I come back and see it's finished removing everything but it also says it couldn't remove some files (not sure which). I restart my laptop and come across a screen saying "An...
  10. An operating system was not found......

in Windows 10 Support
    An operating system was not found......: I did the conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 1.5 months ago. This is a Dell Vostro w/Intel Corei5 desktop All was fine until I attempted to wake the computer from sleep mode recently and got the following error. An operating system was not found. Try...