Windows 10: Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?

Discus and support Operating system stored on 2 hard drives? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been recently upgrading an old computer I have, i bough an ssd to copy the os onto, I unplugged the hard drive that didn't have os, turned on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NARP098, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?

I have been recently upgrading an old computer I have, i bough an ssd to copy the os onto, I unplugged the hard drive that didn't have os, turned on the computer and apparently it missing BOOTMGR I plug the other hard drive in and pc recovery is needed? Does this mean parts of the os are on both hard drives and how would I go about fixing this because I don't want to rebuy Windows.

submitted by /u/NARP098
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NARP098, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Dec 15, 2020
  3. need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Operating system stored on 2 hard drives?

1. Operating system stored on 2 hard drives? - Similar Threads - Operating system stored

2. Attempting Boot From Hard Drive Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting Boot From Hard Drive Missing operating system: I have a problem while logging into my Windows 7 computer. It shows me Attempting Boot From Hard Drive Missing operating system and there is no... USB In the computer, what is the solution?...
  3. Attempting Boot From Hard Drive Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting Boot From Hard Drive Missing operating system: I have a problem while logging into my Windows 7 computer. It shows me Attempting Boot From Hard Drive Missing operating system and there is no... USB In the computer, what is the solution?...
  4. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Operating System on D drive: I somehow partitioned the drive and now all files are on D:. Of course the laptop won't boot up.Can I merely copy all files from D: to C: and delete D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-on-d-drive/bc606cfb-d323-4662-bdde-e011a75d8209
  5. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating System on D drive: I somehow partitioned the drive and now all files are on D:. Of course the laptop won't boot up.Can I merely copy all files from D: to C: and delete D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-on-d-drive/bc606cfb-d323-4662-bdde-e011a75d8209
  6. No hard copy of operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No hard copy of operating system: I want to reset my laptop as i'm having issues with it. I don't have a disc or usb with the operating system on it, what are my options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hard-copy-of-operating-system/dfac87dc-69e3-4291-a0eb-928e2684aca6
  7. Hard drive crashed and operating system not found.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive crashed and operating system not found.: My hard drive crashed and I replaced it with a new one. I've tried to reboot my computer but says no operating system is found. I don't have a thumb drive or cd backup to install a new fresh copy of my operating system windows 10. I can't find the old 8.1 version that it...
  8. Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems.: I have partitioned my C drive and installed Wiindows 10 into the Key position. I need to install Windows 7 into the 2nd Partition. How is that done?...
  9. 2 operating systems showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 operating systems showing: I whas just wondering why are these two options showing in msconf Thank you[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-operating-systems-showing/6b35c7eb-5696-4f1b-ab54-537de29623e4"
  10. 2 different operating systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 different operating systems: I currently have Windows 10 - However, I have WD passport external drives that do not run on 10, Can I download XP without causing problems???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/2-different-operating-systems/a1b4f068-bdc8-4203-ae3a-35c3e6e17f39