Windows 10: operating system

Discus and support operating system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do i locate the original operating system for my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidNorman4, Dec 23, 2019.

1. operating system

how do i locate the original operating system for my laptop

:)

DavidNorman4, Dec 23, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 23, 2019
  3. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 23, 2019
  4. operating system

need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

operating system

1. operating system - Similar Threads - operating system

2. recently i changed my operating system from windows 11 to a clean windows 11 and i am not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recently i changed my operating system from windows 11 to a clean windows 11 and i am not...: Recently i did clean installation of my operating system due to some issue in trackpad. now i am not able to use my dolby access account and its asking for payment. i dont have any idea to use it free which i brought last time and i downloaded using the same microsoft account...
  3. recently i changed my operating system from windows 11 to a clean windows 11 and i am not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recently i changed my operating system from windows 11 to a clean windows 11 and i am not...: Recently i did clean installation of my operating system due to some issue in trackpad. now i am not able to use my dolby access account and its asking for payment. i dont have any idea to use it free which i brought last time and i downloaded using the same microsoft account...
  4. Why is there an operating system like windows 10, while it's almost impossible to work on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is there an operating system like windows 10, while it's almost impossible to work on...: Doesn't Microsoft know how difficult it is to work on windows 10? Why are they doing this to their customers? Is it good for their reputation? They gave us an operating system like windows 10, which keeps laptops always busy doing update buisness. We can barely use the laptop...
  5. Why is there an operating system like windows 10, while it's almost impossible to work on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there an operating system like windows 10, while it's almost impossible to work on...: Doesn't Microsoft know how difficult it is to work on windows 10? Why are they doing this to their customers? Is it good for their reputation? They gave us an operating system like windows 10, which keeps laptops always busy doing update buisness. We can barely use the laptop...
  6. Why is there an operating system like windows 10, while it's almost impossible to work on...

7. I can't log in. Destroyed operating system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in. Destroyed operating system.: My computer kept scrolling so I went on line and found a video where it said to go to Windows R and msconfig msc then services disable all and apply ok and restart. Now I can't log in to my computer. What should I do?...
  8. I can't log in. Destroyed operating system.

I can't log in. Destroyed operating system.: My computer kept scrolling so I went on line and found a video where it said to go to Windows R and msconfig msc then services disable all and apply ok and restart. Now I can't log in to my computer. What should I do?...
  9. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  10. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a