Windows 10: Operating System

Discus and support Operating System in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What can I do to stop getting the message, “An Operating System wasn’t found. Try disconnecting any drives that don’t contain an operating system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveFoster, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Operating System

What can I do to stop getting the message, “An Operating System wasn’t found. Try disconnecting any drives that don’t contain an operating system. Press any key to restart.”, when I turn on my computer?

:)

DaveFoster, Mar 16, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 16, 2020
  3. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Operating System

need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Operating System

1. Operating System - Similar Threads - Operating System

2. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  3. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  4. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2: i restarted my windows and now it asks me to“ Choose an operating system “ and theres only 2 stuff which i can pick and both of them are the same “Windows 10 On volume 2” and when i click on them it does absolutely nothing??? it brings me back to Choose an operating system....
  6. Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2

Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2: i restarted my windows and now it asks me to“ Choose an operating system “ and theres only 2 stuff which i can pick and both of them are the same “Windows 10 On volume 2” and when i click on them it does absolutely nothing??? it brings me back to Choose an operating system....
  7. Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. No path to repairing my operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No path to repairing my operating system: Ive gotten a hundred different errors for a hundred different scans and installs. Dism, chkdsk, scannow, failed migrate files, failed something boot, kmode failure, bsod, Windows updates failing, repair mode failures, system32\winload.exe missing, some kernel thing I forget,...
  9. No path to repairing my operating system

No path to repairing my operating system: Ive gotten a hundred different errors for a hundred different scans and installs. Dism, chkdsk, scannow, failed migrate files, failed something boot, kmode failure, bsod, Windows updates failing, repair mode failures, system32\winload.exe missing, some kernel thing I forget,...
  10. No path to repairing my operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade