Windows 10: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus

Discus and support Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you activate files which contain viruses, they will infect the system. Thus, most anti-virus programs including Windows Defender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 9, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus

WinClub, May 9, 2019

2. Unable to access file after upgrading to Windows 10. Error-operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

Original title: Win 10 files problem

I have just updated win7-> win10.However after updated to win 10, all of files are unopenable.

For example, click on Microsoft Words and it says : ''operation did not complete successfully bc the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.''

All of my documents happen the same.what should I do?

Mailenguyen, May 9, 2019
  3. smityhead Win User
    [Help] I always get this error: error 0x800700e1: operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

When i tried to move my file to another, this error pops up: error 0x800700e1: operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

I've already turned off Windows Defender just to move it but still doesnt work.

I Have no antiviruses. Ive tried to disable Windows AntiSpyware from regedit and still doesnt work.

Please help

smityhead, May 9, 2019
  4. ffotis4 Win User

Plz help - trying to open file

Now i have a different problem since i fixed the other by going to gpedit.msc and disabling User Account Control: Turn on Admin Approval Mode. But now it says operating did not complete because the file contains a virus or unwated software (while its safe and i have disbled the intivirus). I have already done those steps out of this post without result. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus

ffotis4, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus - Similar Threads - Operation did complete

2. back up did not completed successfully

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up did not completed successfully: I know this is a common problem, anyway... when I see the skipped files list , there only one directory listed. c:/users/desktop/ef-nwr the problem is that this dir doesnt exist since 2 or 3 years..... theres any place where I can correct this? Win 10 pro - 1809...
  3. The last backup did not complete successfully, Windows 10

The last backup did not complete successfully, Windows 10: I just got a new WD 1TB external hard drive and I wanted to create a backup for my PC on it. I figured the easiest way would be to create a system image, so I went to Control Panel, Backup and Restore and proceeded through the steps up to where it starts to backup to my new...
  4. system restore did not complete successfully

system restore did not complete successfully: system restore did not complete successfully. your computer's system files and settings were not changed. "system restore could not access a file" there is already a thread with this problem dating back to win 7, but it is locked. i'm using the most recent update to win...
  5. Last image did not complete successfully code 0x807800c5

Last image did not complete successfully code 0x807800c5: Windows 10 home #1803 not able to solve any ifo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/last-image-did-not-complete-successfully-code/3fabd40a-69a7-4089-af1f-f1607305cf2c
  6. System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005

System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005: I am using windows 10 Pro Ver 1803 OS build 17134.112 Yesterday I tried to use System Restore to revert to a previous restore point. The process failed delivering this message: System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were...
  7. System Restore did not complete successfully...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore did not complete successfully...: Getting the following error message when trying to do System Restore on a clean install of Windows 10 with the Creator's Update (Version 1803)... After running System Restore the system displays the following message at the desktop after logging in: System Restore could not...
  8. Windows 10 Backup did not complete successfully

Windows 10 Backup did not complete successfully: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\My Computer\Desktop\New folder. Error*SadThe system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)) Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\My Computer\Desktop\SD 13.5.12\105SSCAM. Error*SadThe...
  9. "The last backup did not complete successfully" Help!

"The last backup did not complete successfully" Help!: I keep getting the above error when trying to make a backup of my files from the C:\ to my separate A:\ drive. My A:\ has folders and files on it-could this be causing the failure? I have more than enough room to allow for a backup. Any insight will be greatly appreciated....
  10. System Restore did not complete successfully.

System Restore did not complete successfully.: To confirm that the Restore Points system was working I created a new restore point and used System Restore to "go back" to it. I got the message in the attachment. I then tried to go back to one about 5 days ago with the same result. In past years I have a couple of times...