Windows 10: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus

Discus and support Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you activate files which contain viruses, they will infect the system. Thus, most anti-virus programs including Windows Defender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 9, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus

WinClub, May 9, 2019

2. Unable to access file after upgrading to Windows 10. Error-operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

Original title: Win 10 files problem

I have just updated win7-> win10.However after updated to win 10, all of files are unopenable.

For example, click on Microsoft Words and it says : ''operation did not complete successfully bc the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.''

All of my documents happen the same.what should I do?

Mailenguyen, May 9, 2019
  3. smityhead Win User
    [Help] I always get this error: error 0x800700e1: operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

When i tried to move my file to another, this error pops up: error 0x800700e1: operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

I've already turned off Windows Defender just to move it but still doesnt work.

I Have no antiviruses. Ive tried to disable Windows AntiSpyware from regedit and still doesnt work.

Please help

smityhead, May 9, 2019
  4. ffotis4 Win User

Plz help - trying to open file

Now i have a different problem since i fixed the other by going to gpedit.msc and disabling User Account Control: Turn on Admin Approval Mode. But now it says operating did not complete because the file contains a virus or unwated software (while its safe and i have disbled the intivirus). I have already done those steps out of this post without result. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus

ffotis4, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus - Similar Threads - Operation did complete

2. Error :225 Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error :225 Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or...: A unwanted application was uninstalled a few mins ago during an install wizard of another file after pressing "Decline." it still installed and is potentially malware so I tried uninstalling with control panel and this error came up. How am I supposed to get rid of this now?...
  3. Error :225 Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error :225 Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or...: A unwanted application was uninstalled a few mins ago during an install wizard of another file after pressing "Decline." it still installed and is potentially malware so I tried uninstalling with control panel and this error came up. How am I supposed to get rid of this now?...
  4. Error "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or...: Every time I'm opening laptop ill get a warning from Windows script host. screen shot attached. also same time ill get defender detect threat. this will happen every time I'm opening laptop. if i restart sometimes this will note get. if i shutdown and again starting this will...
  5. Error "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or...: Every time I'm opening laptop ill get a warning from Windows script host. screen shot attached. also same time ill get defender detect threat. this will happen every time I'm opening laptop. if i restart sometimes this will note get. if i shutdown and again starting this will...
  6. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially...

Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially...: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software "how to fix this error in windows 11 operating system...
  7. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially...: Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software "how to fix this error in windows 11 operating system...
  8. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially...: Hi! I purchased a program that I know isn't a virus 2 days ago, and it worked perfectly fine. Now, whenever I try to open it, it says "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software." I have no 3rd party AV...
  9. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially...: Hi! I purchased a program that I know isn't a virus 2 days ago, and it worked perfectly fine. Now, whenever I try to open it, it says "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software." I have no 3rd party AV...
  10. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially...