Windows 10: Operation ShadowHammer APT targeted ASUS Live Update Utility

Discus and support Operation ShadowHammer APT targeted ASUS Live Update Utility in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier today, Motherboard published a story by Kim Zetter on Operation ShadowHammer, a newly discovered supply chain attack that leveraged ASUS Live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Operation ShadowHammer APT targeted ASUS Live Update Utility

Read more:

:)

Brink, Mar 25, 2019

2. apt-get update problem

anyone know why (excluding the obvious) this might be happening

i run the command as root and with none of the app managers open or none of them even been open for the past few days,except for the auto check for updates running.

i keep getting this error

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)

E: Unable to lock the list directory

also, if i run conky there's no sign of apt-worker

MatthewMaude, Mar 25, 2019
  3. javige Win User
    ASUS utilities

ASUS UX32VD

After upgrading to win10 system got unstable

I went to system recovery and I guess I have a clean win10 (I dindt see option to go to win8.1)

I lost all utilities for asus

- power utility

- usb charger for use usb charger even with closed laptop

- asus update

I dont see option in asus web to download

Any similar cases?

thanks

javige, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Operation ShadowHammer APT targeted ASUS Live Update Utility

ASUS utilities

Hi,

Install software in Compatibility mode:

Follow these steps to install and check if that helps.

• Download the software from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the software setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Thank you

Jenith_James, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Operation ShadowHammer APT targeted ASUS Live Update Utility

1. Operation ShadowHammer APT targeted ASUS Live Update Utility - Similar Threads - Operation ShadowHammer APT

2. apt not working wsl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apt not working wsl: wsl have internet access but apk not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apt-not-working-wsl/3b25b2b2-4295-495c-ac94-2cef4cb75360
  3. apt not working wsl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apt not working wsl: wsl have internet access but apk not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apt-not-working-wsl/3b25b2b2-4295-495c-ac94-2cef4cb75360
  4. apt not working wsl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. STUCK ON ASUS EUFI BIOS UTILITY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STUCK ON ASUS EUFI BIOS UTILITY: Hi, I'm John. My computer got stuck on EUFI BIOS Utility after I updated Windows 10 and a driver that Windows recommended to me. It was interrupted. Below is the screen I got stuck at. What should I do?...
  6. STUCK ON ASUS EUFI BIOS UTILITY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STUCK ON ASUS EUFI BIOS UTILITY: Hi, I'm John. My computer got stuck on EUFI BIOS Utility after I updated Windows 10 and a driver that Windows recommended to me. It was interrupted. Below is the screen I got stuck at. What should I do?...
  7. Too many Asus Utilities

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Too many Asus Utilities: Recently purchased an Asus ROG GL10DHAMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core, 1TB SSD, 1TB Hard Drive. There was way too much Bloat. Gotten rid of most of it but even though I have download Windows 10 2004 and burned to DVD, Did a 2 clean install these 9 "services" will not go away. Any...
  8. Stuck in asus ez utility bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in asus ez utility bios: Hello so I recently bought a new 2.5 sata 3 ssd for my laptop Asus FX503vm, but after I replaced my hdd with it my laptop wont boot windows. Whenever I save and exit out of asus ez utility bios it just goes back to it....
  9. Asus f550l aptio setup utility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asus f550l aptio setup utility: Hi I have a Asus f550l and it has been stuck in the aptio setup utility thing and I have tried all the thing that people have suggested plz help. Every time I follow the steps it takes me to a page saying reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected...
  10. Asus Shadowhammer in Windows Defender definition files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asus Shadowhammer in Windows Defender definition files?: Hello, Can you tell me if the ASUS Shadowhammer exploit is being defined/looked for in Windows Defender's definition files? Where would we find this information? Thanks! Leroy...