Windows 10: Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

Discus and support Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using an HP Phoenix Envy desktop PC running Windows 10. I have autoupdates on. I saw a red dot on the restart button last night and when I hovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PamelaMuirheid, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

I'm using an HP Phoenix Envy desktop PC running Windows 10. I have autoupdates on. I saw a red dot on the restart button last night and when I hovered over it it said there were updates to do, so I clicked update and restart. It went to this completely blue screen with the above message in white with a progress symbol turning and turning. It's been 24 hours with no change. I've tried rebooting the machine to no avail. I've tried doing a reboot with F8, still to no avail. I've tried Contol Alt Del and Ctrl Shift Esc. Nothing. This is my work machine (own business) so I can't afford for it not to work.

Thanks for any help.

:)

PamelaMuirheid, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Operations in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after the operations are complete.

Fred,

Acronis normally gets the blame for this -

Operations are in progress, please wait... - this user said that there had been no adverse effects
    of forcing the computer off

WIN7 shutdown issue: "Operations are in progress, please wait." - in this thread,
    the solution was given as disabling the Acronis scheduling entry in Task manager, Startup

19016: Acronis Backup Software: Slow Windows Shutdown or Restart - This Acronis announcement says that a backup operation must have been interrupted

Fix for "operations are in progress" during PC shutdown in Win Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1
    - this user figured out a workaround

Denis

Tryx3, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Operations in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after the operations are complete.

Is there any indication of what these operations are? Windows Updates do sometimes work during shutdown, but I've never known them to use those words in particular, so I have to wonder if this is some other program's work.

I would not recommend turning it off forcibly, but if it runs for more than, say, an hour or two, you may have no choice but to do that.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 14, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

Fit's current machine... always changing

I'm just waiting for evga to list them for a step-up! Looks killer fits.

erocker, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

1. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after... - Similar Threads - Operations are progress

2. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...: The titled error has been reported by others but the solution is not showing. It has been over an hour like this. Shall I hard start by hard off and after 5 minutes restart?...
  3. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...: The titled error has been reported by others but the solution is not showing. It has been over an hour like this. Shall I hard start by hard off and after 5 minutes restart?...
  4. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Turning Off Automatically: So for some reason after like around 10 or 20 minutes, my computer will just turn off randomly without a reason. Any idea what is causing this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-automatically/407cd294-6809-49a6-bb5e-e623a011b9aa
  6. Wifi Automatically Turns off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Automatically Turns off: Hi,I am facing this problem since 1-2 months.When the computer goes to sleeps,it's Wifi turns off.Everytime I need to manually turn it on.I then browsed and found that I need to go to Device Manager and check the Properties and all.I did as written.Though it did solve the...
  7. Loading and Please Wait when turn on the computer

Loading and Please Wait when turn on the computer: Hi, I got problem when I start my laptop. When the logo of the computer pop out, there is loading and please wait for few seconds before it move into login. I’m also has hard time restarting, they will give me “Getting Windows Ready. Don’t turn of your computer”, this takes...
  8. Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart

Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart: I had a windows update ready to install, so I restarted my PC to install it. Works fine, but when I check settings it says "Attention Needed" And when I click, it wont get off "Please Wait". It's been like this for the past 10 minutes. Does anyone know what to do??? [ATTACH]...
  9. wifi turns off automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi turns off automatically: My laptop wifi automatically turns off whenever any system work is being done such as turning on the blue-tooth connection or installing a virtual OS box. Is it any fault of the software or should I check up on my laptop hardwares?...
  10. turn off automatic updates

turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. operations are in progress please wait

2. the machine will be turned off automatically after operations are completed

3. operations are in progress windows 10

4. Please wait opearation in progress,
  5. windows erro operation is in progress,
  6. Pleasewagitoperationprouress,
  7. pc operations are in progress please wait,
  8. why operations are in progress. please Wait the machine will be turned off,
  9. windows 10 update operations are in progress,
  10. windows 10 operations are in progress,
  11. windows shutdown performing operations acronis,
  12. herunterfahren operations are in progress please wait windows 10,
  13. windows operations are in progress,
  14. win 10 operations are in progress,
  15. operations are in progress windows 10 virtualiz