Windows 10: Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

Discus and support Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using an HP Phoenix Envy desktop PC running Windows 10. I have autoupdates on. I saw a red dot on the restart button last night and when I hovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PamelaMuirheid, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

I'm using an HP Phoenix Envy desktop PC running Windows 10. I have autoupdates on. I saw a red dot on the restart button last night and when I hovered over it it said there were updates to do, so I clicked update and restart. It went to this completely blue screen with the above message in white with a progress symbol turning and turning. It's been 24 hours with no change. I've tried rebooting the machine to no avail. I've tried doing a reboot with F8, still to no avail. I've tried Contol Alt Del and Ctrl Shift Esc. Nothing. This is my work machine (own business) so I can't afford for it not to work.

Thanks for any help.

:)

PamelaMuirheid, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Operations in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after the operations are complete.

Fred,

Acronis normally gets the blame for this -

Operations are in progress, please wait... - this user said that there had been no adverse effects
    of forcing the computer off

WIN7 shutdown issue: "Operations are in progress, please wait." - in this thread,
    the solution was given as disabling the Acronis scheduling entry in Task manager, Startup

19016: Acronis Backup Software: Slow Windows Shutdown or Restart - This Acronis announcement says that a backup operation must have been interrupted

Fix for "operations are in progress" during PC shutdown in Win Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1
    - this user figured out a workaround

Denis

Tryx3, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Operations in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after the operations are complete.

Is there any indication of what these operations are? Windows Updates do sometimes work during shutdown, but I've never known them to use those words in particular, so I have to wonder if this is some other program's work.

I would not recommend turning it off forcibly, but if it runs for more than, say, an hour or two, you may have no choice but to do that.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 14, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

Fit's current machine... always changing

I'm just waiting for evga to list them for a step-up! Looks killer fits.

erocker, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

1. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after... - Similar Threads - Operations are progress

2. Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please please let us turn off automatic updates that doesn't involve something so...: This is about the 20th time your updates have ruined work. From not saving things, to not properly opening up everything after, to whatever else. I leave my PC on for a reason during the week, because I need to. It saves me so much time, and patients and its a convenience...
  3. Computer Automatically Turns Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Automatically Turns Off: Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it isn't trying to restart or reboot either. I can't figure out what the cause is and it's driving me crazy! Do you have any...
  4. Clipboard sync turns off automatic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard sync turns off automatic: Hi. I have a problem with clipboard new feature sync, it automatically turns off after a restart or some time. I am syncing two windows 10 computers between PC and Laptop, PC works fine but surface laptop 2 is not. I have to manually every time turn on option "Sync across...
  5. WiFi turning off automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turning off automatically: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My laptop computer was working fine and then one day it wouldn't connect to the internet using WiFi (I got the little red stop sign with an X in it)? It says I'm not connected to the internet and that my WiFi is turned off. When I go to Network and...
  6. turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  7. stop proxy turning off automatically?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    stop proxy turning off automatically?: How do I stop proxy turning off automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/stop-proxy-turning-off-automatically/ec5fdaf2-1ab4-433f-b4bd-adab24a0ff99
  8. Turn automatic updates off?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn automatic updates off?: Hello, i just installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my computer and would like to turn automatic updates off but cannot find the option on control panel. Can anyone help me out? 110716
  9. how to turn off automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to turn off automatic updates?: I'm having a laptop with eMMC with only 32GB of storage.I had 18 GB of free space and last night I recived some updates which left me only 10 GB of free space.I want to turn off option of auto updating if there is any. I switched meter connection to ON.Is there anything...
  10. File operations Progress dialog missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File operations Progress dialog missing: When I copy,paste,move a file I no longer get a progress dialog. The operation happens but there is no indocation of progress and it is tempting to repeat the operation as you're not sure anything is happening. I still get the diallg on my other computers. 27184

Users found this page by searching for:

1. operations in progress please wait the machine will be