Windows 10: Opinion on Malware Issue

Discus and support Opinion on Malware Issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; During a full scan, WD discovered Trojan Downloader: JS/VDEHU.A which was removed. Subsequent scans were negative. I normally full scan twice per week.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pericles, Apr 20, 2020.

1. pericles Win User

Opinion on Malware Issue

During a full scan, WD discovered Trojan Downloader: JS/VDEHU.A which was removed. Subsequent scans were negative. I normally full scan twice per week.

- Would appreciate opinions/advice on the following.

- How much is Defender at fault for not blocking this downloader ? Realize that no AV is perfect.

- The trojan was located in AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/UserData/Default/Cache/f_000821(G Zip)(Script 0010)

- Could Chrome have prevented ?

- My search tells me it could be a false positive ? Anyone experienced the same ?

Thanks !

:)

pericles, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Opinion on Malware Issue

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Opinion on Malware Issue

1. Opinion on Malware Issue - Similar Threads - Opinion Malware Issue

2. Possible malware issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible malware issue: Hi.Starting just a few hours ago, I have a problem with a report from my antivirus Avast that I am trying to connect to an infected site. I am NOT trying to make a connection. In fact, the be sure that I didn't have some accidental connection connecting from memory, I...
  3. Just an Opinion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just an Opinion: 1. The new Start menu in Windows 11 really sucks. It's just a jumble of icons and finding what I want takes too much time. In Windows 10, I could categorize my applications into those that belonged to office work, the system, personal, utilities, arts, etc. and so when I...
  4. Just an Opinion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just an Opinion: 1. The new Start menu in Windows 11 really sucks. It's just a jumble of icons and finding what I want takes too much time. In Windows 10, I could categorize my applications into those that belonged to office work, the system, personal, utilities, arts, etc. and so when I...
  5. Your opinion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your opinion: Is this ok for me? I need your opinion about these specs and advice, I have a tight budget, I can't be near to $2,000. To be honest, I need a new PC for Windows 11, Google Meet, Zoom, Youtube and Minecraft.Edit: Total:...
  6. Your opinion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your opinion: Is this ok for me? I need your opinion about these specs and advice, I have a tight budget, I can't be near to $2,000. To be honest, I need a new PC for Windows 11, Google Meet, Zoom, Youtube and Minecraft.Edit: Total:...
  7. Opinions on this PS

in Windows 10 Support
    Opinions on this PS: I'm looking for something in this price range for my second computer. It's just used for mostly just browsing the internet. It will just be using the graphics built in to the intel i5-4670k processor the motherboard is an Asus Z 87A and it has 4 gigs of Gskill ram. I'm...
  8. Malware or networking issue?

Malware or networking issue?: Hello, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with my laptop running Windows 10. The problem is either a rootkit, malware, and/or virus or it is a networking issue. It has alot of connections to the loopback address and to Nbtstat shows two local address that...
  9. Malware issues

Malware issues: I received an email that told me that the email before this one contained malware. How do I get my phone scanned and if there is anything get it fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-issues/36134bfb-cdfa-4ee5-9c7d-9f923c1471a8
  10. Opinions

in Windows 10 Support
    Opinions: On the positive side so much of W10 Preview is an improvement on previous M$ iterations. On the negative side Favourites in Edge is a minefield to set up. All laid out in alphabetical order after being transferred from IE, they can be rearranged to your preferred order as...