Windows 10: Opinions On New PC For Son, Please ?

Discus and support Opinions On New PC For Son, Please ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I have an iMac, but my son uses a HP Desktop Pavillion. 9 years old now, and has just quit. PSU (Green light in back is steady on),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Robert11 Win User

Opinions On New PC For Son, Please ?

Hi Folks,

I have an iMac, but my son uses a HP Desktop Pavillion.
    9 years old now, and has just quit.

PSU (Green light in back is steady on), Battery, and on/off switch seem fine, so likely something fried.
    Probably can be considered a really good lifetime

So, being a good daddy, will get him something new.

Haven't looked at, or considered, W10 pc's in a very long time.
    Questions, please:

Is there any brand these days that really stands out for quality ?
    Or, is it still pretty much a matter of luck ?
    Go with HP again, or...?

Any to stay away from ?

How popular are all of these "all-in-ones" styles ?
    I can see both pros and cons to this style.

Are they (very) popular these days ?

Any and all opinions would be most appreciated.

Much thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 16, 2018
  2. stuartb04 Win User

Laptop opinions for step son?

my mother in law just bought this lappy for my step son for b,day

Laptops - Best Laptops Offers | PC World

just wanna know what you guys think
    is it worth it

i personally think she has more money than sense..*Confused Opinions On New PC For Son, Please ? :confused:

spose its good for him
    but i wanna have a blast too..*Wink Opinions On New PC For Son, Please ? ;)

stuartb04, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Opinions On New PC For Son, Please ?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Opinions On New PC For Son, Please ?

1. Opinions On New PC For Son, Please ? - Similar Threads - Opinions Son Please

2. AOL Desktop Gold and MagicJack in 2023? Opinions please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AOL Desktop Gold and MagicJack in 2023? Opinions please: Hello,Seeking unfiltered opinions about using AOL desktop gold as well as magic jack in the year 2023 on windows 10 and windows 11. That’s the question a nutshell I really need opinions on this.Sincerely,Princess WonderWoman....
  3. AOL Desktop Gold and MagicJack in 2023? Opinions please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AOL Desktop Gold and MagicJack in 2023? Opinions please: Hello,Seeking unfiltered opinions about using AOL desktop gold as well as magic jack in the year 2023 on windows 10 and windows 11. That’s the question a nutshell I really need opinions on this.Sincerely,Princess WonderWoman....
  4. Just an Opinion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just an Opinion: 1. The new Start menu in Windows 11 really sucks. It's just a jumble of icons and finding what I want takes too much time. In Windows 10, I could categorize my applications into those that belonged to office work, the system, personal, utilities, arts, etc. and so when I...
  5. Opinions on this PS

in Windows 10 Support
    Opinions on this PS: I'm looking for something in this price range for my second computer. It's just used for mostly just browsing the internet. It will just be using the graphics built in to the intel i5-4670k processor the motherboard is an Asus Z 87A and it has 4 gigs of Gskill ram. I'm...
  6. New PC help please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC help please.: Bought a friends PC off of him and everything was working fine. The moment I swapped out the old GPU for a new one (GEFORCE 1660 super). I have been constantly getting BSoD errors. I have cleaned installed windows around 6-7 times. Updated chipset drivers from amd and have...
  7. My son is a idiot. Please help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My son is a idiot. Please help!!!: Hi guys. I got my son a pc for his birthday. All is well with it. But in his infinite wisdom he has decided to put a password on it. Shortly after he has forgotten the password. I’ve pressed shift on startup and reset the computer and removed all files. But it still asks for...
  8. Would Like Opinions on PC Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Would Like Opinions on PC Laptop: I have a desktop computer, and plan to buy my first laptop. I want something simple with a large screen that is reliable. I'm a senior and my eyesight is not good enough for small screens. My desktop is a 21 inch. Today I saw an HP 17.3", SKU# 635661 at Best Buy for $579.99....
  9. Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser: Hi All, I just thought I'd ask the question for those of us that are actually using the new chromium edge browser, how are you feeling about it by now ? I'm using the latest 'canary' build, at least for me it seems to be steadily improving. I seem to find myself using chrome...
  10. Opinions

in Windows 10 Support
    Opinions: On the positive side so much of W10 Preview is an improvement on previous M$ iterations. On the negative side Favourites in Edge is a minefield to set up. All laid out in alphabetical order after being transferred from IE, they can be rearranged to your preferred order as...