Windows 10: Opinions Windows 10 Update for Low-end Devices

Discus and support Opinions Windows 10 Update for Low-end Devices in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm returned Windows 10 Pro user here. I would have opinions about Windows Update. Honestly, I didn't like how Windows 10 way to deliver the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FairuzAzizah, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Opinions Windows 10 Update for Low-end Devices

Hello, I'm returned Windows 10 Pro user here. I would have opinions about Windows Update.

Honestly, I didn't like how Windows 10 way to deliver the update. First is because of forced to update automatically. It eats many RAM for old device and sometimes turn into hang many times. Turned on metered connection and defer updates options to pause it just not enough to free up memory. (Even I'm using metered connection feature, it's still eats my mobile phone data for unwanted automatic updates).

Second is update progress. Beside the good and simple UI, users can't see how percentage or how much files size for each update downloaded (especially for big files). Also sometimes those failed updates being downloaded again without user's knowing.

That's enough. I hope there will be new option to really not download it permanently or readjust current option/ feature. Because not all places has good connection. I'm really sorry if I have mistake on words or writings.

Thank you very much for attention..

:)

FairuzAzizah, Apr 24, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Apr 24, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Us3r1985 Win User

Opinions Windows 10 Update for Low-end Devices

Updates on low end devices with limited storage

Hi guys.

I have a linx vision running windows 10, an old device with intel atom and only 32gb. I know windows updates a lot, with the more major update happening once a year?

my question is:

If i carry on updating this low end device will it eventually start running "not right"?

and eventually run out of space?

kind of like how an iphone gets a little slower with every update they do.

thanks for any replies.

Us3r1985, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Opinions Windows 10 Update for Low-end Devices

1. Opinions Windows 10 Update for Low-end Devices - Similar Threads - Opinions Update Low

2. Gaming windows for low end pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming windows for low end pc: Please Recommend me best version of Windows for Gaming...Like I have Lenovo All in one desktop PC Lenovo C320Pentium dual core processorI had upgraded RAM6GB so that I don't get fadupBut I want recommendations for GamingPlease Recommend me best version of Windows for Gaming....
  3. Gaming windows for low end pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming windows for low end pc: Please Recommend me best version of Windows for Gaming...Like I have Lenovo All in one desktop PC Lenovo C320Pentium dual core processorI had upgraded RAM6GB so that I don't get fadupBut I want recommendations for GamingPlease Recommend me best version of Windows for Gaming....
  4. low end slow pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low end slow pc: i use windows 10/7 and linux in one 2010 LOW END pc which have 3 GB ram with 2.50 GHZ old dual core CPU and its slow how to improve the speed of my pc win 7 and linux works very well but windows 10 is very slow sometime the apps does not responds very well it takes some time...
  5. Opinion update on Cortana.

in Cortana
    Opinion update on Cortana.: I now hate Cortana. Why? Because when i ask her something she says I'm sorry, but I can't help with that. Maybe you didn't built her correctly. I know it's not your fault, but i'm just telling you to make her study....
  6. Windows Update with low memory devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update with low memory devices: Hi, I have a 7" HP Windows tablet I'm trying to update on Windows 10 as the preview I have loaded expired. The tablet only has 4gB of memory free and when I try to upgrade I get an error. Using the Windows Media Creation Tool to install it to the microSD card on the tablet,...
  7. Perfomance of Windows 10 on low end pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Perfomance of Windows 10 on low end pc: I have a PC with core 2 duo e8400 CPU, 4gb ram, gt1030 gpu and win 10 installed. It is quite slow on my PC. Is it okay to use this OS or should I downgrade to win 8.1 or win7 ? If yes how can i do that without losing any of my files assuming that my pc is assembled and didn't...
  8. Windows 10 running horribly on low end tablet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 running horribly on low end tablet: Upgraded from Windows 8.1 (ran perfectly) to Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite Click Mini and it runs like this (not my video): Hyper Lag and unusable Windows 10 - YouTube A complete slide-show, basically. I'd just like some confirmation (before I go back to Windows...
  9. What to expect from windows 10 on a low end pc?

in Windows 10 Support
    What to expect from windows 10 on a low end pc?: Hey guyz im new to the forum! I enjoy windows 10, I upgraded my pc from windows 8.1 to windows 10, and It had been fantastic (with the exception of a few bugs, like Cortana and search bar, but that's not the problem here) . My girlfriends also wants windows 10, she likes its...
  10. My opinion of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    My opinion of Windows 10: First off I do I like the startup speed improvement of Windows 10 over Windows 8.1 (which was pretty fast itself) and I think Win 10 is generally a smooth operating system with what works. I also think the start menu in Win 10 is much improved over 8.1, though Classic Shell...