Windows 10: Ops, something went wrong

Discus and support Ops, something went wrong in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was browsing around and saw How to get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2. So I downloaded MediaCreationTool20H2.exe and downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Megahertz, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Megahertz Win User

Ops, something went wrong

I was browsing around and saw How to get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update version 20H2.
    So I downloaded MediaCreationTool20H2.exe and downloaded the Win 10 2010 iso.
    Shut ed down and booted from my Win 10 Pro SSD, mounted the Win 10 2010 iso and run setup,
    It began to install (expand anbd copy) and then rebooted. Began to install and rebooted.
    It cant boot as there is no option under boot menu to boot Win 10, only win 7 and Linux that are on another drive.
    So apparently it damaged my boot loader on the EFI partition.

I have a disk image as a backup but I would like to learn how to fix this Win 10 beauty.

My windows version was 2004 and now is on the way to Windows 10 version 20H2 build 19042.572

:)

Megahertz, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 22, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Ops, something went wrong :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

1500$ budget i5 6600k AMD RX 480 Please advise

Did someone ask what build you want, or are you suggesting that to the OP?

Caring1, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Ops, something went wrong - Similar Threads - Ops something went

2. Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Something went wrong: Something went wrong error 0x800706D9 in my Store. Please someone check it. I have Windows 10 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/ad459315-11e0-47e1-9a99-10d6800a11cf
  3. something went wrong

something went wrong: How to fix this error message in MS Store. Im trying to update apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/62c07fc2-0bc1-4496-b5cd-0738e48eabe1
  4. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  5. something went wrong

something went wrong: Trying to update all apps in MS Store, however, I keep getting error something went wrong. I check for Windows update to see if it will fix the issue but my Windows says up to date....
  6. Something went wrong.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  7. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  8. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  9. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  10. something went wrong

something went wrong: I have tried to use the store and send feedback but each time I do I get the something went wrong please try again later 0x8007139f. there is no way to log in, no way to send feedback because this is the only thing that keeps coming back. any help would be great...