Windows 10: Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox

Discus and support Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox How to Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox [img] Information SHIELD studies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox

How to: Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox

How to Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox

Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox [​IMG]
    Information SHIELD studies let you try out different features and ideas before they are released to all Firefox users. Using your feedback, Mozilla can make more informed decisions based on what you actually need.

When a study is available, you will automatically be enrolled if you meet the criteria. There will be occasions where Mozilla might prompt you for participation first. This will happen when a particular study needs to collect data that is not covered by default data collection policy. In these situations you'll see a complete disclosure of the data being collected in the study before you make the decision to participate. Firefox Pioneer is an example of an opt-in SHIELD study.

When the study ends, the add-on will be disabled but you will be able to see it so you have a record of what studies you've participated in.

This tutorial will show you how to opt-in or opt-out of being automatically enrolled in SHIELD studies in Firefox Quantum for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Note To see the studies you're participating in, type about:studies into your address bar, and press Enter.

You'll also see studies you've participated in the past.

Here's How:

1. Open Firefox.
    2. Click/tap on the Menu button
    , and click/tap on Options. (see screenshot below)

Note If you like, you could also copy and paste the path below into the address bar, and press Enter to go directly to Privacy & Security settings.

*Arrow aboutOpt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox :preferences#privacy

3. Do step 4 (opt-in) or step 5 (opt-out) below for what you would like to do.

4. Opt-in to SHIELD Studies in Firefox
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on Privacy & Security on the left panel. (see screenshot below)

B) Check the Allow Firefox to send technical and interaction data to Mozilla box.

C) Check the step 6 below.

5. Opt-out of All SHIELD Studies in Firefox
    A) Click/tap on Privacy & Security on the left panel. (see screenshot below)

B) Uncheck the step 6 below.

6. You can now close this Options tab if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Oct 23, 2016

2. Opt out of Preview

NO I WANT TO OPT OUT COMPLETELY OF THE WINDOWS INSIDER PROGRAM

• START MENU DOES NOT FUNCTION AS IT SHOULD
    • MY LAPTOP FREEZES
    • ITS INTERFERING WITH MY PRODUCTIVITY

Kuris Simon Ardiles, Oct 26, 2019
  3. up2nogood Win User
    O/C my opt 146

*Bang Head :banghead: Hi all.
    Im a total Noob to O/C, and want some step by step on how to O/C my opt 146
    pretty please be very greatful if someone could help me out.. thanks *Big Grin Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox :D

up2nogood, Oct 26, 2019
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

opting out of windows insider program

Hello Scott, you are able to opt out of the Windows Insider Program by following the steps listed in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10584/...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox :)

RyoTakagi, Oct 26, 2019
  5. mlg63 Win User
    can't opt out of insider program

The Windows Insider Program is listed in Settings, Update and Security. That is where you sign up for it so you should be able to opt out there too.

mlg63, Oct 26, 2019
  6. DaveM121 Win User
    Associate .opt file with Notepad on Windows version 1803

Hi Stewie66

Right click an opt file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open opt . . .'

If Notepad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

You should find Notepad in that list . . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox - Similar Threads - Opt Opt SHIELD

2. Opt out of chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opt out of chat: How do I opt out of a chat ? "I don't want to go back to W10 ! I was just searching a way to make my scanner work under W11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opt-out-of-chat/54040db4-4638-4275-8d75-784c4115b174
  3. Opt out of chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opt out of chat: How do I opt out of a chat ? "I don't want to go back to W10 ! I was just searching a way to make my scanner work under W11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opt-out-of-chat/54040db4-4638-4275-8d75-784c4115b174
  4. Where is the opt out button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the opt out button?: I don't want your browser and I really don't want you to keep bugging me about it. Where is the setting to turn off your inane chatter about how good your browser is? I have the browser I want to use, it is secure and 1000x more useful than Edge....
  5. News And Interests should be opt-in instead of opt-out

in Windows 10 Customization
    News And Interests should be opt-in instead of opt-out: The new feature News And Interest is starting to roll out more and more.And so are the questions on how to disable it: the amount of questions on that on Google for instance is huge.Not only because people are finding is just 100% irritating me too but also because a lot of...
  6. Opt out windows insider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opt out windows insider: I've been trying to opt out for a while, with the checkbox enabled. I'm on version Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds 19592 I received an email saying the build will expire on July 31, 2020, does that mean I'll be pushed back to the stable release after this date? submitted...
  7. opting out of s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opting out of s mode: What do I need to do to get my computer to allow me to download other apps not from the Microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opting-out-of-s-mode/ebc790bb-c1c2-4dba-81c7-10acd95f294e
  8. Opt out of location services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Opt out of location services: Hello community My windows 10 machine is picking up the wrong time zone via device location service. I 'm thinking this is due to the wrong MAC address listed in Microsoft's location database. The access point was in the eastern time zone and I moved locations and now its in...
  9. Opt out of ongoing issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Opt out of ongoing issue: I keep getting emails w/answers to a problem I don't even remember signing up for. In the email it says to click on the (...) and opt out, but I do not find that option anywhere on the article. Where/how can I successfully do this? I don't want to mark these emails as Spam...
  10. Opt out of windows insider?!?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Opt out of windows insider?!?!: I have never been a windows insider and have never opted in. I just installed an update and I noticed some wired settings which lead me to find out that I am in the insider program. I have never opted in. Im sure Microsoft did this without asking me to steal my telemetry...