Windows 10: Opt out of windows insider?!?!

Discus and support Opt out of windows insider?!?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have never been a windows insider and have never opted in. I just installed an update and I noticed some wired settings which lead me to find out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bob Marley 77, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Opt out of windows insider?!?!

I have never been a windows insider and have never opted in.

I just installed an update and I noticed some wired settings which lead me to find out that I am in the insider program.

I have never opted in. Im sure Microsoft did this without asking me to steal my telemetry for their CIA friends.

Yeah well grab all you want! You will never know the truth of who I am.

Anyway....

Build 17134.320

Windows insider just looks like this:

Opt out of windows insider?!?! 459d8df3-bf60-47af-98e7-d85f3d1659ce?upload=true.jpg

So how do I opt out?????

(Not really a problem if I cant... I have other solutions. And plans...)

:)

Bob Marley 77, Oct 4, 2018

2. Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Oct 4, 2018
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Opt out of windows insider?!?!

Opt Out of Windows 10 Pro Insider Program - How do I Opt out & return to normal Operation ?

Hello Alan,

I apologize for the delayed response.

I certainly understand your concern.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• When you say “Opt out of Windows 10 Pro Insider Program”, what do you mean by this? Are you trying to completely remove the Windows 10 Pro Insider Program and want to go back to the original Windows?
    If yes, I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

How to uninstall the Windows 10 preview and restore your previous version of Windows

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...view-and/f49a889c-671d-4e80-b20f-e8b05b5549df

Important Note: Before performing any steps, I would suggest you to back up the important data on an external hard drive.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Opt out of windows insider?!?!

1. Opt out of windows insider?!?! - Similar Threads - Opt insider

2. My laptop is stuck in insider builds after resetting and opting out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck in insider builds after resetting and opting out.: Hello, I opted into the windows 11 insiders program a couple months back, but I have changed my mind and opted out. I have reset windows multiple times, but no luck. What can I do to fix this. Also, I do not have any thumb drives on hand, am I out of luck?...
  3. My laptop is stuck in insider builds after resetting and opting out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is stuck in insider builds after resetting and opting out.: Hello, I opted into the windows 11 insiders program a couple months back, but I have changed my mind and opted out. I have reset windows multiple times, but no luck. What can I do to fix this. Also, I do not have any thumb drives on hand, am I out of luck?...
  4. I cannot opt out of the insider program. It asks me to sign in and then tells me my email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot opt out of the insider program. It asks me to sign in and then tells me my email...: I cannot opt out of the insider program. It asks me to sign in and then tells me my email is not in the insider program. I do not want to do a clean install as Microsoft suggested....
  5. I cannot opt out of the insider program. It asks me to sign in and then tells me my email...

I cannot opt out of the insider program. It asks me to sign in and then tells me my email...: I cannot opt out of the insider program. It asks me to sign in and then tells me my email is not in the insider program. I do not want to do a clean install as Microsoft suggested....
  6. I cannot opt out of the insider program. It asks me to sign in and then tells me my email...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I can't opt out of Insider updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't opt out of Insider updated: When I go to Windows Updates/ Insider, it says I am a member via my email. When I try to leave the program, it says there is no Insider account associated with my email?...
  8. I can't opt out of Insider updated

I can't opt out of Insider updated: When I go to Windows Updates/ Insider, it says I am a member via my email. When I try to leave the program, it says there is no Insider account associated with my email?...
  9. can't OPT OUT window insider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't OPT OUT window insider: hi, I can't leave/OPT OUT windows insider program.After clicking "Leave the insider program" it's asking to log in to my account and after login, web page showing its processing/spinning. i have tried with Edge, chrome and in safari as well but after log into my MS account,...
  10. can't OPT OUT window insider

can't OPT OUT window insider: hi, I can't leave/OPT OUT windows insider program.After clicking "Leave the insider program" it's asking to log in to my account and after login, web page showing its processing/spinning. i have tried with Edge, chrome and in safari as well but after log into my MS account,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to opt out windows insider 1803