Windows 10: optane and HDD

Discus and support optane and HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; curiouser and curiouser , I was looking over hardware info on my hp and can't find info on the 1 T Hdd (spinner) which is in raid formation with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Jul 26, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

optane and HDD

curiouser and curiouser , I was looking over hardware info on my hp
    and can't find info on the 1 T Hdd (spinner) which is in raid formation
    with the Optane. all info programs, (speccy, Belarc advisor, Cpuid,
    Systeminfo, Device manager and Disk management) all show up as
    Intel Optane+932gbhdd16.8. No Info on the hdd itself.
    I guess I could disable optane to see what the hdd is (seagate, wd, whatever).
    but it just seems weird That you can't get the info the lazy way.

:)

thomaseg1, Jul 26, 2019
  2. JohnBurns Win User

Macrium and Optane

So far I have created an image when normally booted, normally functioning Optane and used it without any problem. Have not tried it with the boot disk yet.

JohnBurns, Jul 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Macrium and Optane

Confusion persists here:
    Forums

Whilst this suggests success restoring with Optane driver in an Acronis boot disk:
    Restoring Intel Optane + HDD to a new drive in ATI 2016 | Acronis Forum

Yet I can see what the Macrium guy is getting at- the memory is just a cache- and its presence does not influence the content of the HDD.

I'd suggest an experiment or two is in order. For example, can you create an image when normally booted, normally functioning Optane, and then mount that image and explore it successfully?

Then try restoring it, both in normal mode (assuming data disk only) and using the boot disk.

dalchina, Jul 26, 2019
  4. JohnBurns Win User

optane and HDD

Macrium and Optane

OK, I restored it from from normal mode just fine. But it would not restore using boot disk - I just tried it and found out to my dismay. Luckily I had a Windows restore point, which did work. So now I know. I'm not particularly happy with this setup, but it's my fault for not checking further before buying!

JohnBurns, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

optane and HDD

1. optane and HDD - Similar Threads - optane HDD

2. Dual Boot with Optane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot with Optane: I have an approx. 2-3 year old Lenovo C940 that came with Windows 10 and Optane memory management system. Optane uses an Rapid Storage Technology driver RST which, according to my reading, is not compatible with Linux operating systems. While setting up the computer to dual...
  3. Dual Boot with Optane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot with Optane: I have an approx. 2-3 year old Lenovo C940 that came with Windows 10 and Optane memory management system. Optane uses an Rapid Storage Technology driver RST which, according to my reading, is not compatible with Linux operating systems. While setting up the computer to dual...
  4. Dual Boot with Optane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 22H2 lag in games, no boot with Optane, SecureBoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2 lag in games, no boot with Optane, SecureBoot: I downloaded a version of windows 10 a few days ago from a website can’t remember the name, but it was the first thing I seen when I looked for downloads, and in games it acts strange. Which go figure, you get what you get, but I couldn’t download the iso straight from...
  6. Windows 10 22H2 lag in games, no boot with Optane, SecureBoot

Windows 10 22H2 lag in games, no boot with Optane, SecureBoot: I downloaded a version of windows 10 a few days ago from a website can’t remember the name, but it was the first thing I seen when I looked for downloads, and in games it acts strange. Which go figure, you get what you get, but I couldn’t download the iso straight from...
  7. Windows 10 22H2 lag in games, no boot with Optane, SecureBoot

8. Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD: Hi everyone, So as the title states I messed up. I was following instructions on the intel website as the Optane process was eating up my CPU. You can guess what happened. When trying to reinstall the Rapid Storage setup the restart is when it all went up in flames as it goes...
  9. Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD

Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD: Hi everyone, So as the title states I messed up. I was following instructions on the intel website as the Optane process was eating up my CPU. You can guess what happened. When trying to reinstall the Rapid Storage setup the restart is when it all went up in flames as it goes...
  10. Clone HDD with Optane Memory enabled

Clone HDD with Optane Memory enabled: I have a Dell XPS 8920 (circa 2017) with the Dell OEM 1TB HDD as boot drive (Drive C), and with Optane Memory enabled ("paired" to the boot drive). I also have a second internal drive, 2TB HDD. (Drive D) I want to replace the 1TB HDD OEM drive with a new 2TB HDD drive, after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SCSI\Disk___Intel_Optane 932GBHDD16.8 hp

2. doe intel optane work with all computers

3. intel optane memory pinning problem

4. what does the modify do in optane pinning application,
  5. onedrive disabling optane,
  6. optain memory pinning will not load