Windows 10: optiads-1.6.2[1].swf found by Defender from uTorrent

Discus and support optiads-1.6.2[1].swf found by Defender from uTorrent in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I need an advice and a little help. Yesterday Defender alerted me with three malware named: "optiads-1.6.2[1].swf". They were in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pipppero2007, May 12, 2017.

1. optiads-1.6.2[1].swf found by Defender from uTorrent

Hi,

I need an advice and a little help.

Yesterday Defender alerted me with three malware named: "optiads-1.6.2[1].swf".

They were in the Explorer cache, "AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE".

Since I don't use a not sandboxed browser the only source of them should be utorrent:

uTorrent downloading virus (Exploit:SWF/Meadgive) - Troubleshooting - µTorrent Community Forums

It should be an ad inside utorrent that rotate during the day. But a malicious ad.

Defender deleted them, and I clean the cache and the computer seem to be totally OK.

But, I need an advice... I have a restore point of the day before, that I would not use because Yesterday I made some changes in my OS.

IT's better that I use the restore point and uninstall forever utorrent or i can stay calm, since Defender found them and I can continue to use my pc without restore anything?

:)

Pipppero2007, May 12, 2017
  2. EdPond Win User

How do I get rid of malware on windows Defender SWF/meadgive?

How do I get rid of found some malware on windows defender? swf/meadgive .

EdPond, May 12, 2017
  3. malware

Widows Defender is popping up claiming it has "Found Some Malware and is deleting it." Earlier it had found SWF/Meadgive - but I traced and got rid of it as Defender didn't. Now when Defender claims it has found Malware and is getting rid of it - I
    check and find no history of this in Defender, nothing in quarantine, nothing period! Yet Windows Defender continues to pop up and claim there is malware found - though it doesn't show it when checked. This is driving me crazy! No other program to detect
    and deal with malware now shows SWF/Meadgive or any other malware and think Windows Defender is not working correctly. As such am going to close it down for a while and let my firewall and virus/malware programs take care of it.

JeanDonnel, May 12, 2017
  4. optiads-1.6.2[1].swf found by Defender from uTorrent

No, you do not need to use system restore, but you should get rid of utorrent, it is not what it used to be.

TairikuOkami, May 12, 2017
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Many people would suggest staying away from torrents as the potential for d/l ing malware is pretty high. Even legit programs are likely to carry hidden installers that can put some unwanted items on your computer.

If you want a particular program, best to go to the official website/source to get it.

Borg 386, May 12, 2017
  6. Staying away from utorrent is what i will do since now.

So i can definitely dont need to worry for that flash file caught by defender in cache?

I can be sure that a malware didnt dò something bad? A normal Defender full scan could be enough?

Pipppero2007, May 12, 2017
  7. TairikuOkami, May 12, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

optiads-1.6.2[1].swf found by Defender from uTorrent

*Ditto*Ditto

simrick, May 12, 2017
  9. You were REALLY helping.

Thank you VERY much.

Pipppero2007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

optiads-1.6.2[1].swf found by Defender from uTorrent

1. optiads-1.6.2[1].swf found by Defender from uTorrent - Similar Threads - optiads swf found

2. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  3. 2/1 appearences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2/1 appearences: CONHOST.EXEMicrosoft CorporationFeb 1, 2022MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOSTUnknownFeb 1, 2022MessengerUnknownFeb 1, 2022Anyone know what these are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/21-appearences/097dc686-b9a5-4e74-ac08-1c503dfb43b6
  4. 2/1 appearences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2/1 appearences: CONHOST.EXEMicrosoft CorporationFeb 1, 2022MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.STARTMENUEXPERIENCEHOSTUnknownFeb 1, 2022MessengerUnknownFeb 1, 2022Anyone know what these are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/21-appearences/097dc686-b9a5-4e74-ac08-1c503dfb43b6
  5. C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\09\ 01\Intel32\Ctor.dll not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\09\ 01\Intel32\Ctor.dll not found: Hi,I am facing an issue with uninstallation of a NVIDIA photoshop plugin 64bit v8.50 program through Control Panel > Apps & Features, and during uninstallation process, I am experiencing this errorThere was a problem...
  6. C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\09\ 01\Intel32\Ctor.dll not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\09\ 01\Intel32\Ctor.dll not found: Hi,I am facing an issue with uninstallation of a NVIDIA photoshop plugin 64bit v8.50 program through Control Panel > Apps & Features, and during uninstallation process, I am experiencing this errorThere was a problem...
  7. C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\09\ 01\Intel32\Ctor.dll not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  9. Shenmue 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shenmue 1 and 2: I just recently got this through game pass and it won't open past the launcher. I have been through every forum and post about this issue and tried everything that has been suggested. The issue isn't my computer as far as I've seen I believe it is that there is some kind of...
  10. Printscreen missing 1/6

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printscreen missing 1/6: When I take a screenshot with (Win or Alt)PrintScreen or EasyScreenOCR on my new laptop with Windows10 about 1/6 of the right hand side and bottom of the picture are missing. How do I resolve this? Snipping tool works fine....