Windows 10: Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

Discus and support Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in the hardware configuration anymore,but does show up in the BIOS config I am pretty sure it worked before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Danny de Ron, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

My Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in the hardware configuration anymore,but does show up in the BIOS config
    I am pretty sure it worked before in windows10.
    I just recently found out, because I wanted to re-install an older PC game.
    I prolly didn't played it for more then a year or two.
    That's why i didn't noticed before, but iam pretty sure I installed it before on the same PC with the same OS.

Anyone else has the same problem?

:)

Danny de Ron, Aug 15, 2018

2. optiarc dvd rw ad 7585h drive

Upgraded to windows 10 my optiarc dvd rw ad 7585h drive stop working in my Acer ASPIRE 7551-7422 what can I do to fix it.

jamescorder, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Sony DVD Optiarc drives don't work in Windows10. They did work in Windows 7. Microsoft is silent. Any fixes?

But I don't understand. The driver for the Optiarc DVD RW AD-5260s ATA device is provided by Microsoft. There is no driver on the sony-optiarc website. The driver date is 6/21/2006 and the driver version is 10.0.10240.16384 signed Microsoft Windows.

how do I set this driver in compatibility mode, I see no compatibility tab on the properties tab for this device in device manager.

Thanks for yor help.

planckfund, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Rudyboy Win User

Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

Sony Optiarc AD-7580 compatible or not that seems to be the question.

Yes 2 drivers were installed. So now the controller is listed as AMD Sata controller.

Before I installed the AMD driver, I removed the unknown Optiarc device and then rebooted the system. I have a perfectly working DVD device again.

The Optiarc is now listed as: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7580S SATA CdRom Device under DVD – Cd rom stations!

So thanks a million for your patience and excellent guidance towards the solution.

I will mark the question as answered.

Rudyboy, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

1. Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the... - Similar Threads - Optiarc DVD 5260S

2. I CAN'T GET MY DVD CD RW to SHOW UP in windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CAN'T GET MY DVD CD RW to SHOW UP in windows.: I have TRIED the this command {[ reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 ]} AS ADMINISHERATOR IN THE REGULAR CMD nothing happends even when i restarted my computer. THERE is no driver installed on my...
  3. I CAN'T GET MY DVD CD RW to SHOW UP in windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I CAN'T GET MY DVD CD RW to SHOW UP in windows.: I have TRIED the this command {[ reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 ]} AS ADMINISHERATOR IN THE REGULAR CMD nothing happends even when i restarted my computer. THERE is no driver installed on my...
  4. I CAN'T GET MY DVD CD RW to SHOW UP in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. dvd-rw drive not showing up in windows 10

dvd-rw drive not showing up in windows 10: At first the event log was showing IDE. So I did some command prompts but no go. but now I notice that the event log is showing SCSI. I have been working on this forever. does windows 10 ever work properly for anyone. can someone please HELP me with this issue. will not...
  6. My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my...

My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my...: My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my Sanyo Vaio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-player-with-optiarc-dvd-rw-ad-7700h-is-not/1324bd38-7f18-4cfd-ac27-b2e1516be465
  7. Optiarc BD RW BD drive

Optiarc BD RW BD drive: Device manager says, ''This device is working properly.'' After a windows update the drive no longer recognizes any type of disc. The device driver is up to date. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  8. DVD/RW Drive not showing up in "THIS PC" Windows 10

DVD/RW Drive not showing up in "THIS PC" Windows 10: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Post upgrade I have just realized my DVD Drive is not observable/findable in the File manager. It is also not observable in the device manager. It is however, powered up and is recognized in the BIOS Menu as Sata 4 and...
  9. DVD RW not seen in device manager or This PC. It does show in bios.

DVD RW not seen in device manager or This PC. It does show in bios.: Upgrade from win 7 pro 64 to 10 pro 64. All hardware and software was new, name brand and authorized at time of original build. The bios shows the drive as sata 3. I checked the windows advisor and the drive is rated as acceptable. It's an Asus sata dvd-+rw. I used every...
  10. DVD does not show in bootsequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD does not show in bootsequence: brand new Akoya notebook with windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10 home, using the normal upgrade process. Looks if every thing is working. I can use the DVD and it shows in the explorer together with the Harddisk. I created UBCD (ultimate boot cd from downloaded iso) but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optiarc dvd rw ad-7580s driver windows 10