Windows 10: Optical Audio issues

Discus and support Optical Audio issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 7.1 surround sound system for my computer. I used a optical S/PDIF cable to connect my computer to the receiver. when I go to the "Manage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Silvercreeper356, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Optical Audio issues

I have a 7.1 surround sound system for my computer. I used a optical S/PDIF cable to connect my computer to the receiver. when I go to the "Manage audio devices" in the control panel, and select S/PDIF, the "Configure" button is grayed out. I can select the configure button when using headphones or speakers that use 3.5 mm headphone jack, but not S/PDIF.

Hardware:

PC: DELL Studio XPS 7100

Receiver: Sony STR-DH700 multi channel AV receiver.

:)

Silvercreeper356, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Optical Audio issues

Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Optical Audio issues

1. Optical Audio issues - Similar Threads - Optical Audio issues

2. Audio Crackling and Optical Drive Ticking? need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Crackling and Optical Drive Ticking? need help: Hey... I'm having some problems with my laptop, I had this problem before but that didn't work the last person that who helped, told me that it was my optical drive or something, but I was confused. but that's not related to what my problem is, what my problem is that my...
  3. Optical Digital Audio Disruption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Digital Audio Disruption: Relevant Info:Windows 10 64 bitMotherboard: MSI MPG Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi Z590Audio Driver: RealTek 0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282Optical Audio Device: Creative SoundBlaster X7Problem:The optical audio coming from my computer will cut to complete static at random...
  4. Windows 10 and audio over optical cable

Windows 10 and audio over optical cable: Hi, I recently purchased new speakers, Logitech Z906. I am trying to make the digital output of W10 work with my speakers over an optical audio cable. My specs: motherboard MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI speakers Logitech Z906 an optical cable Star II OPTO...
  5. Optical Audio Issues

Optical Audio Issues: My desktop has a standard audio jack that I can plug headphones into and use. This has worked completely fine until recently, where now my computer will detect that I have plugged them in swapping the active sound device from my monitor speakers or bluetooth headphones and...
  6. Optical Drive Issue

Optical Drive Issue: Optical Drive Issue – When I go to my Documents folder and want to send a Word file to a DVD disc, I click on “Send to.” The pop-up menu does not include the option to send the file to the DVD disc. The wording is missing. The DVD disc does work on its own. I use Windows 10....
  7. A permanent "Fix" for Optical Drive issue?

A permanent "Fix" for Optical Drive issue?: Friends I have looked up various fixes for Windows 10's ill treatment of "obsolete" DVD/CD optical drives and not finding a permanent cure. Many have reported issues, and what seems to work some of the time is simply removing the device in Device Manager, and restarting,...
  8. Delayed optical audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delayed optical audio output: The original thread was locked, but I'm having the same issue as here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/4ijiaf/slight_delay_before_audio_through_speakers_using/ Basically, if no sound has been output via the SPDIF of my Asus XONAR SE for 5-10 seconds, if I play...
  9. Persistent issues with reading optical media drive

Persistent issues with reading optical media drive: I've been having persistent issues with my optical media (bluray/cd/dvd) drive that I believe at present to be software/windows based. The drive used to work fine, until recently. On startup, the drive appears in "This PC" as normal. If there's no disk inserted, it appears...
  10. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...