Windows 10: Optical Digital Audio Disruption

Discus and support Optical Digital Audio Disruption in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Relevant Info:Windows 10 64 bitMotherboard: MSI MPG Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi Z590Audio Driver: RealTek 0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282Optical Audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinChristie1, May 10, 2021.

1. Optical Digital Audio Disruption

Relevant Info:Windows 10 64 bitMotherboard: MSI MPG Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi Z590Audio Driver: RealTek 0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282Optical Audio Device: Creative SoundBlaster X7Problem:The optical audio coming from my computer will cut to complete static at random intervals. Sometimes it's every 10 minutes, other times it'll be a day or two between incidents. The sound will be crystal clear with no distortion, lag, or feedback, and then it will just cut to static. I've tried to find some correlation between programs open, games running, or restart cycles, however the

:)

KevinChristie1, May 10, 2021
  2. Darren Win User

Digital Audio Cable

The My P5Q-E motherboard supports:
    • Digital coaxial outputs
    • 3.5mm jacks front and rear, but you need a RCA to 3.5mm cable
    Both cable methods carry stereo for games, MP3s etc unless you use the receivers 2.0 to 5.1 up mix feature such as Prologic or DTS Neo.

I'll advise you use digital coaxial as you'll be able to listen to Dolby Digital and DTS from genuine DVDs (not DD True HD or DTS Masters)

Darren, May 10, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Optical Digital Audio Disruption [​IMG]

Jerry8A, May 10, 2021
  4. dvojinov Win User

Optical Digital Audio Disruption

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

do you have asus board ? did you care to check my page ?

all right I checkd your specifications your mobo and audio setup is :

• Realtek ALC889 codec
    • High Definition Audio
    • 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
    • Support for Dolby® Home Theater
    • Support for S/PDIF Out
    That doesn't necessary mean Dolby Digital Live ..if by any chance you have Dolby Digital Live and want to go with it you should use your manufacturers drives , however if this DHT is one of the Software solutions DAX 1 , 2 or whatever and you dont have DOlby Digital Live 5.1 surround to select that means only native DOLBY and DTS are sported as pass-through once such contest is detected but you wont gain all time 5.1 as you miss Dolby Digital LIve or DTS Interactive (gaming , music videos that are not Dolby or DTS ) in this case check my page :

SimpleSite.com

read the instructions carefully EXPLORE THE PAGE and follow them step by step and it may be that you end up with full DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live on your board , as it is GIABYTE you have great chances ..ASUS unfortunately has issues with DTS interactive ongoing more then 6 months now and I start to believe that ASUS lost DTS Interactive licence and is drooped out of the game or they have issue that they are not aware off .

dvojinov, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Optical Digital Audio Disruption

1. Optical Digital Audio Disruption - Similar Threads - Optical Digital Audio

2. Digital audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Digital audio: Hello, my friend's got a laptop which he use for playing Netflix. Somehow he got curious about surround sound and he got an old BluRay player with digital input with speakers and all. I tried connecting the laptop via HDMI switch 3 in 1 with audio output (which output RCA and...
  3. Poor audio quality disrupting video calls.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor audio quality disrupting video calls.: I have a new 4 months old Acer SWIFT SF314-57G, i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 home. Since the pandemic I am making regular video calls using a variety of platforms Skype, Zoom, Jitsi, Cisco and others. I have noticed that the sound quality is often very poor - a lot of...
  4. Optical Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Audio Issues: My desktop has a standard audio jack that I can plug headphones into and use. This has worked completely fine until recently, where now my computer will detect that I have plugged them in swapping the active sound device from my monitor speakers or bluetooth headphones and...
  5. Windows 10 Audio service disrupts all media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Audio service disrupts all media: Hello, Recently I've been experiencing a peculiar problem where running the windows audio service will disrupt all media. This means that it's impossible to watch any videos with audio because media simply will not work when the service is enabled. As soon as I shutdown the...
  6. New Inspiron 3671 ?digital optical sound output

New Inspiron 3671 ?digital optical sound output: Can I get digital optical sound output from my New Inspiron 3671. My 10 year old Dell Studio XPS 8100 had a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music card, and I like the optical digital output, which I send to my HiFi's DAC. I note that digital audio output seems to have been dropped...
  7. Delayed optical audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delayed optical audio output: The original thread was locked, but I'm having the same issue as here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/4ijiaf/slight_delay_before_audio_through_speakers_using/ Basically, if no sound has been output via the SPDIF of my Asus XONAR SE for 5-10 seconds, if I play...
  8. home disruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home disruption: hello ,,,, everything working on home (2) computors BUT when grandson plugs his in ,,, all others then cease to function at all when he plugs his computor in at friends or uncles house ,,,all is o.k seems only at uncles house everything ceases to function ??...
  9. Optical Audio issues

Optical Audio issues: I have a 7.1 surround sound system for my computer. I used a optical S/PDIF cable to connect my computer to the receiver. when I go to the "Manage audio devices" in the control panel, and select S/PDIF, the "Configure" button is grayed out. I can select the configure button...
  10. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...