Windows 10: Optical Drive automatically Ejecting.

Discus and support Optical Drive automatically Ejecting. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My optical drive is automatically ejecting randomly. I went into device manager and disabled my optical drive, but still it ejects automatically. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abdul1sMinecraft, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Optical Drive automatically Ejecting.

My optical drive is automatically ejecting randomly. I went into device manager and disabled my optical drive, but still it ejects automatically. I am so much annoyed with this. I read some discussion on other forums about this issue and its says that it happens to non-updated windows but I am up-to-date.

:)

Abdul1sMinecraft, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Optical Drive automatically Ejecting. [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jun 27, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

4. sal_442 Win User

Optical Drive automatically Ejecting.

optical drive

just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no?

sal_442, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Optical Drive automatically Ejecting.

1. Optical Drive automatically Ejecting. - Similar Threads - Optical Drive automatically

2. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  3. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  4. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  6. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  7. Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc

Issue with disc drive automatically ejecting disc: Hi! I have recently installed a virtual windows xp emulator on my Windows 10 PC so that I can play older pc games that no longer work on windows 10. The emulator is working perfectly, the only issue is that when attempting to install the games through windows xp, I insert...
  8. Optical Drives ejecting discs

Optical Drives ejecting discs: The optical drives I have attached to my Win 10 PC have stopped recognizing discs. The driver installed with the latest drivers and are physically recognized by the PC. However, when a disc is inserted it is not recognized and autoplay does not happen. Furthermore, when...
  9. optical drive

optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  10. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14