Windows 10: Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks

Discus and support Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to install a wifi software to my Dell Optiplex 3010 SFF but I found that there were troubles with the optical drive it came with. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ikrarmy, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks

I wanted to install a wifi software to my Dell Optiplex 3010 SFF but I found that there were troubles with the optical drive it came with. Windows cannot detect any dvd disk I insert. I want to know what I can do if this is an OS problem or a hardware problem. If it’s a Hardware problem, should I consider buying an external Optical drive?

submitted by /u/ikrarmy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ikrarmy, Jan 15, 2021

2. DVD/ CD Drive doesn't recognise disks

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Check if the DVD drive is getting detected in Disk Management

Refer the steps below to open disc management:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Disk Management.
    • Click on Actions and click on rescan disks and click on
      Refresh and check if issue persists.
    If there is no drive letter assigned, I suggest you right click on the DVD drive and assign a drive letter and check if it helps:

Method 3

Try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 15, 2021
  3. LemP Win User
    Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

4. Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks

The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks

1. Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks - Similar Threads - Optical drive cannot

2. URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive: So basically it happened to delete by mistake 2 registry files and now the windows doesn't boot up. The only things that I can use are the Bios and windows boot manager which has the cmd that recognises only important files as X:\, windows backup or restore doesn't work,...
  3. URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive: So basically it happened to delete by mistake 2 registry files and now the windows doesn't boot up. The only things that I can use are the Bios and windows boot manager which has the cmd that recognises only important files as X:\, windows backup or restore doesn't work,...
  4. URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DVD Installation with no optic drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DVD Installation with no optic drive: Hi, I accidentally purchased the DVD version of Windows 10 for a new pc build that doesn't have an optical drive. Is it possible to use a serial number or something on this DVD to transfer over to a USB version, or do I need to return the DVD and buy a new license entirely?...
  6. The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs: Hi, My optical drive has stopped working after installing and uninstalling DAEMON Tools Lite. Previously, everything worked properly. A DVD RW E : drive is visible in Windows Explorer. After inserting the disc into the drive, you can hear the disc spinning and trying to...
  7. DVD Optical Drive discovered Dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Optical Drive discovered Dead: Hello All DVD Optical Drive on my Asus G11CD Desktop discovered dead, will not read any DVD discs, even commerical discs, what is the cheapest solution that is gonna work so i'll have optical drive if wanna use it? A. Swap out the drive with old AMD FX systems dvd writer, B....
  8. optical drive won't play dvd....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    optical drive won't play dvd....: my laptop, widows 10, will not play my new dvd's. I'm very disappointed-need help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-wont-play-dvd/b385b903-15dd-4832-b87a-408700b1f2ed"
  9. CD/DVD drive is not recognising

CD/DVD drive is not recognising: cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how...
  10. DVD drive not recognising CD

DVD drive not recognising CD: Hi all, my first ever post in my first ever forum so I'm sorry if I do things a bit wrong. I'm very frustrated. I brought a Video editing software package to put my old videos onto the laptop but my DVD driver is not recognising the CD. It sort of starts to spin, then stops...